• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

this thread is like that snake eating itself

nuFvseX.gif

Myggen

"Dev Test Chat!" in about an hour. Wonder if there'll be a stream, or just a stress test for the chat?

I'm gonna spam it with JoJo's quotes either way.

Khezu

Transistor doesn't look like a game I would enjoy.

It is getting 10's everywhere, so maybe it is quality and more fun to play then to watch.

I've been tracking the descent of the website and this thread and I've determined that it all starting with that JoJo Quick Look. Everything was fine up until then.

The weird thing about Transistor is that in every preview I've seen of it the combat has boiled down to using Crash() and Breach() over and over again because they're the first moves available, which makes it seem super monotonous. I'd love to see some late-game combat to get a sense of how much variety there really is, but I also want to see as little of the story as possible.

Transistor looks nice but I think its really lame that they went back to the well a second time on the in game narration thing. Maybe its just because they used the same actor that makes it seem a bit lazier then it actually is. I am sure its probably handled completely differently in the story.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was watching the low res version of the Wolfenstein QL so I couldn't read the screen - what was "shocking" about that reveal that they found at the end regarding the historical figure?

popo

Transistor doesn't look like a game I would enjoy.

It is getting 10's everywhere, so maybe it is quality and more fun to play then to watch.

The reviews have been a lot more mixed than they were for Bastion. Also, looking at metacritic, I only see a single "10", from a site I have never heard of.

...what am I looking at?

Crab (king?) shedding it's old shell

Seeing as they've all been quiet on Twitter I'd bet they are still recording.

Likely, but not as reliable as it used to be. Jeff is really down on twitter,tVinny and Drew have never been big tweeters. Used to be if Ryan had not tweeted in the last 30 minutes then he has either out sick or recording something.

jgminto

Also Brad totally did the "Should we tell them?" thing again like in the Dark Souls 2 quick look. I'm glad Vinny is there to keep him in check.

Its no wonder we lost the world to the Nazis with Brad playing.

Or is Wolfenstein on normal really that difficult?

Brad at one point exclaimed that he wish he had a mouse, so I find it hard to criticize his playing ability directly. Yeah, there are people out there that will do fine with a controller, but the aiming in that video looked so amazingly stiff an unresponsive. I honestly don't know how someone like Jeff could prefer to play single player shooters like this. It looks so frustrating.

Myggen

Also Brad totally did the "Should we tell them?" thing again like in the Dark Souls 2 quick look. I'm glad Vinny is there to keep him in check.

Wasn't Brad the one who was afraid of spoiling anything there, while Vinny said og ahead and say it? Seemed like he was being overly cautious more than anything else unless I'm misremembering.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone explain that nightmare inducing crab gif pls

jgminto

Wasn't Brad the one who was afraid of spoiling anything there, while Vinny said og ahead and say it? Seemed like he was being overly cautious more than anything else unless I'm misremembering.

Nah, Vinny said to let people find it themselves or something like that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a time lapse video of a giant spider crab molting, a process through which its old shell is cast off so that it's new one can grow.

Kinda thought that's what it looked like except I didn't know crabs "shed" their shell like snakes shed their skin

Kyari

Oh, the old "its kind of a spoiler... I mean its not really a spoiler... should we just tell them?" never loses its charm.

Thank goodness for the "This Year" collection podcasts. I am going to need them for my plane ride to Beijing!

See you all in a month. Looking forward to the crazy E3 stuff when I return. : )

Brashnir

So... is Hitler in the new Wolfenstein?

That depends.

If you buy the standard version - no.

If you buy the special SS edition - no

If you buy the "Mein Fuhrer" collector's edition - no, but it comes with a code which will activate if you install both the regular and SS editions along with it.

When this code is activated, Hitler will be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom