• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what did he say?

Vinny: And that is the Transistor talking, right? That's your sword.

Brad: Or is it?

But knowing that he hasn't finished the game leads me to believe that it's just an ambiguous part of the game, and he's not being cheeky about a later reveal or something like that.

Myggen

I love Transistor's soundtrack after just 30 minutes of that QL. Also, the combat system looks crazy cool.

edit: I also really doubt what Brad sad was a spoiler, even if he's the Spoilermaker :)

Wunder

Vinny: And that is the Transistor talking, right? That's your sword.

Brad: Or is it?

But knowing that he hasn't finished the game leads me to believe that it's just an ambiguous part of the game, and he's not being cheeky about a later reveal or something like that.

Thanks! Hopefully it was just a cheeky comment, that would suck knowing a potential twist.

pronk420

i was thinking of getting wolfenstein but it just looks kind of boring. not really interested in playing yet another cookie cutter FPS game

Surprised to be saying this but the Transistor QL is making me lose interest in the game quickly.

Hard to say why. I think it's the narrator's voice. It was okay in Bastion but I'm kind of rolling my eyes that they went back to that again for their next game. I understand it's not really the same mechanic but still. Is this going to be their "thing" now?

Long quick looks = yes.gif

Multiple, long Quick Looks in a user-customisable playlist.

BoGDdFxIAAA6f1M.png:large

YES.PSD

ArjanN

If people really liked Wolfenstein, then I must be definitely jaded. Games like Singularity and Syndicate nailed what I wanted from this kinda game. Unless Brad painted the game in a bad light with his his playstyle during the QL (which the the only video of the game I have viewed), then I do not think this is for me.,

I think it looks pretty good. It looks like it controls like shit on a controller though. Brad also spent a lot of time ineffectively running around.

Brakke

Banned
if you're playing a game and there's a disembodied voice and you're not suspicious at this point I don't know what to tell you

Jamie OD

I'm... acutally... liking? the QL of Wolfenstein???

Edit: 45mins in
Vinny asks "Want to call it once you're done with this?"

The game for the most part doesn't interest me yet I can tell the developers put their heart into it based on the Nightmare scene and
characters from the previous games being involved with all of it somehow being canon
. It's probably not the soulless reboot I expected it to be.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Surprised to be saying this but the Transistor QL is making me lose interest in the game quickly.

Hard to say why. I think it's the narrator's voice. It was okay in Bastion but I'm kind of rolling my eyes that they went back to that again for their next game. I understand it's not really the same mechanic but still. Is this going to be their "thing" now?
I was hoping Transistor would change my opinion about what Supergiant is capable of but nothing in the Quick Look comes across as very interesting. The in-combat freeze for "strategy" really bothers me for some reason.

Ever since Brad Shoemaker threatened to leave if they didn't do a Jojo quick look I've noticed that they're taking their sweet time with releasing the podcast. Now, i'm not saying that if/when he finally gets called on his anime-related bluffs and is forced out of Giant Bomb that the podcast will come out in a more timely fashion, but i'm sure im the not only one who noticed that correlation.

daydream

Banned
I'm catching up on Danny's stream and Ian mentioning Urbz: Sims in the City on GBA was funny to me as I totally played through that when it came out. Game got really weird by the end.

Myggen

Them not liking that Wolfenstein nightmare scene... did someone piss in their cereal or something?

I must've watched a different QL. Brad seemed to like it, and Vinny didn't know what to make of it. I just think both were kinda surprised at the tonal shift is all.

Also yes, it seems like Jeff has listened to the complaints last week and is now releasing the podcast on Fridays to not miss ANY news. Hey everyone it's...Friday?!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe we'll see Greg Miller in the bombcast this week, I remember them talking about it and he's at The Lobby today.

styl3s

I must've watched a different QL. Brad seemed to like it, and Vinny didn't know what to make of it. I just think both were kinda surprised at the tonal shift is all.

Also yes, it seems like Jeff has listened to the complaints last week and is now releasing the podcast on Fridays to not miss ANY news. Hey everyone it's...Friday?!
Maybe if they do this it will fill a little more of the podcast with game talk so those butthurt people will stop bitching every week because there isn't a lot of game talk.

Always baffled me because the podcast was ever about just games. But on a serious note, i wouldn't mind it moving to friday because i never get around to listening to it on friday/sat anyways and this way the news section will be a little more relevant.

What ? Where did you hear this ?

There's a special podcast on the feed right now. Brad is leaving to join Riot but'll still come around on friday for UPF and (I'd assume) the podcast.

Surprised no one made a thread yet.

plus

Wait, what? Man, they're really pushing it with the length of quick looks these days. I remember when 30 minute quick looks were the exception. Lately, it's not uncommon for them to be an hour long. But almost 2 hours long?

C'mon, show some restraint, duders. There's nothing you can't show in 30 minutes that required another 70.

Together, they mean that the next subtitle should be...

Giant Bomb #8 | What you heard isn't true.

Wait, what? Man, they're really pushing it with the length of quick looks these days. I remember when 30 minute quick looks were the exception. Lately, it's not uncommon for them to be an hour long. But almost 2 hours long?

C'mon, show some restraint, duders. There's nothing you can't show in 30 minutes that required another 70.

Except Euro Trucker, Spelunky, and Dark Souls.

FStop7

Banned
There's a special podcast on the feed right now. Brad is leaving to join Riot but'll still come around on friday for UPF and (I'd assume) the podcast.

Surprised no one made a thread yet.

He's leaving to join Reddit, not Riot. But he has to change his name to Le Brad, it's in the contract.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
turned off both Transistor and Wolfenstein QLs out of boredom

guess im done with videogames, was a nice run :(

Myggen

Is it just me or has this OT moved faster than any before?

Sadness and lies will move a thread.

Anyways, I really liked the Transistor QL. Thought it showed off the game really well. Totally understand why the game might not appeal to everyone though, but I'm hyped about it. Need to buy it as soon as my E3 vacation begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom