• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I look forward to joining Brad when he opens the Giantbomb of NC offices.. also known as the Bojangles Iniciative

is that when Danny becomes bigger than the site and Brad needs to create a bigger giantbomb to take on giant danny and save the world?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Vinny moving to New York fucking sucks. :(

It's weird because he got rid of his NYC apartment and bought a new house, but maybe he has other personal reasons to go back. But all the live shows and Quick Looks are going to suffer.

Kids and family change everything, and kids and family should change everything.

Good for him for making that a priority and seeing where everything else can fit into things.

Brashnir

pz4Nuni.jpg

ST2K

Kids and family change everything, and kids and family should change everything.

Good for him for making that a priority and seeing where everything else can fit into things.

I agree. But selfishly, it's going to suck without Vinny in the SF office. A lot.

Mr. F

Banned
This is the fuuuuuuucking piiiiiiits!!!!

My stomach turned, seriously. Nothing against Alex but I don't think he and Vinny would play off each other nearly as well as Vinny/Jeff. Ughhhhgghhhgghgggg

Vinny's absence is leaving me conflicted. I mean, the bombcast is really going to be a bummer now, because I often found the Jeff/Ryan dynamic and Vinny's contributions to be the best parts of it, and now both of those things will be nigh impossible.

I'll miss Jeff/Vinny sports game/kinect QLs and Vinny's contributions to things like... well, everything - QLs, the podcast, unprofessional fridays...

Anyways, I hope this leads to a better content pipeline from Giant Bomb! I'm interested to see how this new Giant Bomb office works out and what it will produce.

Make some good stuff, duders.

The effectiveness of this plan depends entirely on how good the new hires are. If the new guys are good, then we got a kickin' San Francisco office holding it down while Vinny and Alex pump out whatever they're into and Patrick makes facecam videos and busted Dave Lang streams. Great content all around, and plenty of it.

If the new hires don't fit in, then we'll have 6 people we care about spread across 3 different cities making totally disparate stuff, and... that probably won't work out well.

Exciting times. Scary times. Giant Bomb is weird.

Giant Bomb #8 | Farewell, Small Business Owner :(

fuuuuuuck

FluxWaveZ

Alex and Patricks AM cast is great and they use hangout. I see no problem with Skype being used.

It works there because it's a 1-on-1 deal for the most part (+guest). With the long form conversation format of the Bombcast, there's no doubt in my mind that Skype would make it worse. You can already feel it when Patrick is there just for the news segments.

njean777

People need to stop pretending its 2007 and that skype is shit.

Yeah I know, I have listened to a lot of podcasts where some of the members were using Skype the whole cast and it wasn't bad at all. I don't know why so many people are against this idea. Skype is great for stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom