• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
@patrickklepek said:
Why can't this be real-life?
IMG_2574-640x368.jpg

@VinnyCaravella said:
ugh. More SJW crap? I'm not a meteor! I didn't do anything! Those dinosaurs are choosing to be extinct during basketball.

Brakke said:

Grisby

I hope Vinny tells the other dudes the ending of STF (if he beats it/has beaten) at some point because it's hilarious.

He's got all the time in the world to do so.

BeerSnob

Who DDOS attacks a charity? I used to do some nasty things as a kid but even I would have drawn a line somewhere.

Angry children and emotionally stunted adults who lash out at people and things praised or appreciated by the public. They've gone their whole lives unwanted and unloved and now seeing that emotional support given to others is like a white hot knife drawing across their skin. They're bitter lonely shits whose only human interaction comes from their "peer group" of equally lonely pathetic shits.

I tossed them $20 via the PayPal link for the entertainment and admittedly felt a little weird doing so, just sending money off into the ether in the name of charity. With the site down the entire time I'm not surprised numbers are low, even if live donations were done anonymously it has to be a little disheartening for those involved. Hope Extra Life 2014 goes smoother, though someone somewhere probably has a reason why they want to DDoS that drive again as well.

I figured if the guys pulled 12 hour shifts in the name of a charity they liked, I want them to see that their efforts didn't go unnoticed.

Glad to see Patrick appreciating the fantastic game that ODST is.

If Microsoft had not forced it into being their big fall title, and instead made it be a great value game it'd have been much more fondly received by the masses.
It's so dam good.
It almost felt like they were twisting the knife in Bungie's back as Bungie walked out the door to independence.
But, as the rest of the Bombin' in the A.M. discussed, it was just MS incompetence and silly decision making in in the last few years of the 360.

njean777

Glad to see Patrick appreciating the fantastic game that ODST is.

If Microsoft had not forced it into being their big fall title, and instead made it be a great value game it'd have been much more fondly received by the masses.
It's so dam good.
It almost felt like they were twisting the knife in Bungie's back as Bungie walked out the door to independence.
But, as the rest of the Bombin' in the A.M. discussed, it was just MS incompetence and silly decision making in in the last few years of the 360.

It was a great game, probably my favorite since Halo 2.

Into

No Quick Look of Mario Kart yet? Or are they just waiting for the game to release?

Really hope they get 4 guys and do some races

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Been re listening to all the bombcasts lately, my 2 favorite running jokes are every time someone sneezes they say they are alergic to whatever they were talking about (I don't know why but it always cracks me up) and "X thing you just said is the name of my new music group/album", I love Jeff's delivery every time.

Also, Ryan was an amazing host :( Jeff was also much funnier when he didn't have hosting duties

Quentyn

Mario Kart, Wolfenstein, Transistor plus all the crazy news from last week. It should be good podcast today.

Hopefully they have waited for Jeff to come back and have not recorded already.

jesus the wolfenstein quick look is an hour and 40 mins
Wait, what? Man, they're really pushing it with the length of quick looks these days. I remember when 30 minute quick looks were the exception. Lately, it's not uncommon for them to be an hour long. But almost 2 hours long?

C'mon, show some restraint, duders. There's nothing you can't show in 30 minutes that required another 70.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'll take longer gb content over shorter gb content any day.

Wait, what? Man, they're really pushing it with the length of quick looks these days. I remember when 30 minute quick looks were the exception. Lately, it's not uncommon for them to be an hour long. But almost 2 hours long?

C'mon, show some restraint, duders. There's nothing you can't show in 30 minutes that required another 70.

This post has been made every time they make a long quick look for the past 6 years.

It depends on the game, but the primary function of Quick Looks for me is not to be informed, but to be entertained.

I'll take longer gb content over shorter gb content any day.

I have no issue with their longer video features like UPF or Breaking Bads and things like that. But a quick look for me serves 2 purposes: to inform and to entertain. They don't need a ton of time to inform, so I really hope that that hour and forty minutes is really entertaining, then, because it's looking like a bit much.

Besides that, it's also continuing the recent pattern of bloated quicklooks. As an example, Bound by Flame was over an hour long but it wasn't really entertaining nor was it super informative after the first 30 minutes or so. Their MLB quick looks were, though. So it's a matter of quality over quantity with me, where I don't mind the length so long as it's not just bloat.

Patryn

I have no issue with their longer video features like UPF or Breaking Bads and things like that. But a quick look for me serves 2 purposes: to inform and to entertain. They don't need a ton of time to inform, so I really hope that that hour and forty minutes is really entertaining, then, because it's looking like a bit much.

Besides that, it's also continuing the recent pattern of bloated quicklooks. As an example, Bound by Flame was over an hour long but it wasn't really entertaining nor was it super informative after the first 30 minutes or so. Their MLB quick looks were, though. So it's a matter of quality over quantity with me, where I don't mind the length so long as it's not just bloat.

One could say that if you get everything you need in the first 30 minutes, you can stop watching there and allow those who enjoy longer content to watch the rest.

One could say.

One could say that if you get everything you need in the first 30 minutes, you can stop watching there and allow those who enjoy longer content to watch the rest.

One could say.

On that same note, one could say that my criticism isn't unfair or unwarranted. But yeah, i'm aware of that option.

faridmon

Actually, I am complaining on the shortness of many of them.them. Wargame, Waywoard souls, BroForce and Towerfall accession should have been played longer.

Patryn

On that same note, one could say that my criticism isn't unfair or unwarranted. But yeah, i'm aware of that option.

True.

A person in your position could also argue that the longer quicklooks are leading to fewer individual pieces of content, because if they spend 1:40 on Wolfenstein, they theoretically could have potentially done two 30 minute quicklooks in the same period (assuming that my math of spending up to 40 minutes getting ready to transition is an accurate guess, which it well may not be).

Honestly, I stand on the viewpoint that I like the hour long quicklooks, but 1:40 seems awfully indulgent.

Myggen

True.

A person in your position could also argue that the longer quicklooks are leading to fewer individual pieces of content, because if they spend 1:40 on Wolfenstein, they theoretically could have potentially done two 30 minute quicklooks in the same period (assuming that my math of spending up to 40 minutes getting ready to transition is an accurate guess, which it well may not be).

Honestly, I stand on the viewpoint that I like the hour long quicklooks, but 1:40 seems awfully indulgent.

Well, I generally think they've covered the games I'd expect them to cover with QLs so far this year, so I'm not sure if they have that many games to QL right now. And 1:40 does seem a bit much, but I don't have any problems with it. Didn't feel like they dragged this out just to drag it out.

Still a far way off to beat TESO's 4 hour QL ;)

Megasoum

Banned
I really like what I saw in the Wolfenstein quicklooks. It reminds me of Rage (not only because of the technical side) which I really liked.

I can't tell if Brad just spoiled part of Transistor in the first few minutes of this quick look or not.

EDIT: Okay, probably not. Brad doesn't seem to have finished the game yet.

If people really liked Wolfenstein, then I must be definitely jaded. Games like Singularity and Syndicate nailed what I wanted from this kinda game. Unless Brad painted the game in a bad light with his his playstyle during the QL (which the the only video of the game I have viewed), then I do not think this is for me.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom