• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Transistor looks nice but I think its really lame that they went back to the well a second time on the in game narration thing. Maybe its just because they used the same actor that makes it seem a bit lazier then it actually is. I am sure its probably handled completely differently in the story.
I'll be honest, as soon as I heard it was the same voice for the narrator, I crossed it off my list. I was sick of it before I finished Bastion. I don't want to go through that in a new game.

Megasoum

Banned
Well the new guys better be good because they got enormous shoes to fill...

What is Giantbomb anymore anyway? 3 man bombcasts for a while....ugh

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
argh! we need more vinny ql's before he leaves. more ql's and record bombcasts that'll last a month.

I can't fault Vinny for his decision, but fuck if it isn't worrying. Vinny is directly responsible for some of the best content on the whole site, especially when paired with Jeff. Not that I hate Alex or anything, but man I just don't even know how to digest this at the moment.

Within a few years, Giant Bomb West will be sacked by the Visigoths and for the next 1000 years, Bombstantinople in the East will reign supreme.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
There is no advantage to splitting the team up. Obviously Vinny was moving regardless, and any Vinny is better than no Vinny, but two separate teams for a site like Giant Bomb is not a good thing. They are a site built around how they interact with each other. The ideal situation is for everyone to be in the same office, without a doubt.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I can't fault Vinny for his decision, but fuck if it isn't worrying. Vinny is directly responsible for some of the best content on the whole site, especially when paired with Jeff. Not that I hate Alex or anything, but man I just don't even know how to digest this at the moment.

it's hard to hate alex, but it's also an extremely rare/unknown factor how well he meshes with everyone individually over the long term.

I'm gunna hate this transition period. eventually it'll be the norm, but I'll hate it nonetheless.

So disappointed. Vinny is very entertaining, and not having him on Quick Looks with Jeff or on the podcast anymore is a big loss. Maybe they'll actually create some premium content soon, since that has clearly not been a priority for a long while.

Within a few years, Giant Bomb West will be sacked by the Visigoths and for the next 1000 years, Bombstantinople in the East will reign supreme.
The Animeavatarians that were once persecuted become the dominant religious group, with Emperor Gerstmann finally embracing The Saviour, Evangelion.

njean777

I think it is time that Jeff uses Skype on the bombcast, or google hangouts. I WANT VINNY ON THE BOMBCAST PLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Also isn't New York almost as expensive as California? Like aren't they the two most expensive states to live in?

Also please hire Danny, I loved having him on a bunch of the recent videos. He is really funny, and has a good personality.

KarmaCow

I know he'll be doing quick looks in NY but it isn't the same. :(

Does this mark the point where the Bombcast uses Skype regularly? They're pretty much just Vinny and Jeff talking right now.

edit: Bah didn't mean for this to sound so negative, sorry. Do what you gotta do Vinny.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think it is time that Jeff uses Skype of the bombcast, or google hangouts. I WANT VINNY ON THE BOMBCAST PLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Also isn't New York almost as expensive as California? Like aren't they the two most expensive states to live in?

He will be near family. Which is critical when you have kids.

Nif

Could be worse - he could be leaving the site. Sounds like he has way less time for family than most people I know, so it's a bummer, but I'm glad he's finding a balance.

FluxWaveZ

I think it is time that Jeff uses Skype of the bombcast, or google hangouts. I WANT VINNY ON THE BOMBCAST PLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, no. The pace and overall tone of a podcast is RIDICULOUSLY different when Skype is involved. Occasionally is good, but never, ever for constant use.

legit shock

But seriously that's a real bummer. I'm not sure what's gonna happen next. Would they hire another person on top of the current hires to replace Vinny now?

Lunzio

Probably was going to happen regardless, but the idea of expansion of Giant Bomb right now is absolutely the silliest concept considering they are ridiculously small.

Megasoum

Banned
Considering that they've been bought over 2 years ago (or maybe even 3? I can't remember) and they are still not running 100% in SF... I don't expect to see anything substantial coming out of the NY office for years...

Yup the GB we've known for over 6 years is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom