• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't Vinny do a farewell video? :(

There is still 2 live shows worth of live Vinny left. He will be on next weeks podcast too (as it will be recorded on his last day in the office), and there is a chance he will be a few more QL if they get them recorded in time

More Vinny remains!

LegoArmo

"Hiring people like him" is easier said than done :(

There's a reason CBSi spent a year going to the expense and effort of getting him to SF.

Barring newly discovered cloning techniques, you're right, but there should be some people available with a similar sort of attitude. Maybe.

Darklord

Banned
I am sure he will be in quick looks he is not leaving giantbomb!

The feels this week will be too much. :D

But not with Jeff or Brad. No more crazy flight games with Drew. No more Vinny live streams in the office. This is bumming me out. I also felt like without Ryan the bombcast has kind of struggled but Jeff and Vinny have kept it going. I miss the old days.

kingocfs

i fixed it

wbVjkle.jpg
lmao

I'm going to give you some Scrubs inspired Dr. Cox advice: No one wants to deal with someone who is incredibly negative all of the fucking time. It's one thing to give constructive criticism, it's another to constantly complain about the supposed dearth of content that you paid for. Seriously, I'm sure you're not a bad dude, but dealing with negativity all the time is just depressing and pointless.

I suppose, sorry if I came across like a dickhead but I genuinely care about Giantbomb and I am invested it in monetarliy (subscription) and emotionally.

I took Ryans death hard even though I had never met the guy and now my only reason to watch their content is moving across the country away from the core staff.

It's hard but I will try and be less negative.

Jesus, I'd have thought Vinny left Giant Bomb forever the way people are talking in here. Yeah, not having him in the main control room or doing content with everyone is a bummer, but it's also a chance to do some crazy new shit too. The thought of an expanding Giant Bomb is awesome.

The people declaring gloom and doom that everything is going terribly over there are being so grossly disrespectful to Vinny. If he says he wants to move so his kid can be near family, fucking respect him enough to let him do that.

Dragon

Banned
I suppose, sorry if I came across like a dickhead but I genuinely care about Giantbomb and I am invested it in monetarliy and emotionally.

I took Ryans death hard even though I had never met the guy and now my only reason to watch their content is moving across the country away from the core staff.

It's hard but I will try and be less negative.

I'm sure there are plenty of other people that feel the same, myself included. I was a dickhead after Ryan passed and wouldn't accept anyone saying anything about the subject. I've learned to chill out and enjoy what we get because frankly there's no one else out there that I enjoy as much. PM me though if you need to talk about anything, I love giving advice even if I can't follow it myself :).

FluxWaveZ

The people declaring gloom and doom that everything is going terribly over there are being so grossly disrespectful to Vinny. If he says he wants to move so his kid can be near family, fucking respect him enough to let him do that.

There might be a difference between being worried for Vinny personally, and being worried for Giant Bomb's output.

StingX2

I'm really sad I subscribed recently to them because I'm not a fan of Alex's work (gamespot days, giant bomb days, that movie sites days, working with Klepek doing Youtube video days). Since Ryan passed away Vinny was pretty much the reason I listened to the bombcast. I'm sure this will work out for the majority of fans but I don't know if a Jeff/Brad/Drew cast would keep me going. :/

Megasoum

Banned
On Jeff's tumblr...hmmm

excast asked:

Do you feel that offering a Mother's Day sale on Giantbomb premium subscriptions, and then dropping news shortly after that the man many consider to be the heart and soul of the site is leaving the place where basically all of the premium content originates, comes off as a bait and switch? I mean, I respect you guys and have been a fan for a long time, but thinking back this sort of comes off as "Hey, we had better get the money in now before this news hits."

Considering we waited over a year to make sure that we were still going to be with the company and expanding and being there to produce new things before having a sale in the first place, no, I don’t agree with that.

Curufinwe

People act like Vinny leaving for NY is the end of the world without considering the whole site could have gone down in flames at a number of points.

Ketch

Who the new hires are is the only thing that matters now.

They need to deliver the goods and turn this shit storm into a deep dish pizza of love.

The problem is the new hires aren't going to be Jeff green and Danny odwyer so everyone's going to be disappointed anyway.

Zaph

On Jeff's tumblr...hmmm

That was a fuckin GAFer. I can smell 'em.

Silver Lining Alert:

Alex doesn't have the same prejudicial hate for Endurance Runs that Jeff has.
Not above exploiting this opportunity like when parents divorce and the kid gets a bunch of toys - "Hey Vinny, seeing as you obviously don't love us as much as your wife and Max, how about an endurance run?".

LiK

People act like Vinny leaving for NY is the end of the world without considering the whole site could have gone down in flames at a number of points.

Vinny is the backbone for the live streams and videos, imo. It's gonna be a lot tougher for them without him helping directly.

Zaph

Vinny is the backbone for the live streams and videos, imo. It's gonna be a lot tougher for them without him helping directly.

...and here we were thinking another producer would mean more Vinny on the couch
IN NEW YORK.

The great irony of all of this is that Brads probably going to be the only person remaining at Giant Bomb 10 years from now. I'm guessing it has something to do with cbsi giving into his demands for an anime vice knockoff with him at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom