• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we'll see P5 on the PS4 but it really would have been helpful if they did. My PS3 died last year and I dont want to have to buy another one just for Persona 5.

Zaph

About the whole Atlus P4ER love/hate thing, I swear I remember Jeff saying he got suggestions of a Catherine ER from them which totally grossed him out and put the final nail in that coffin. Or am I wrong and it was a different game/studio that requested it?

I still have faith Vinny/Alex will sneak in an ER in NY. It's the perfect content while they wait for a real studio, equipment and new hires.

Just, for the love of god, no more bedroom and low bitrate Patrick-style video, they're meant to be pro's and a step above youtubers.

About the whole Atlus P4ER love/hate thing, I swear I remember Jeff saying he got suggestions of a Catherine ER from them which totally grossed him out and put the final nail in that coffin. Or am I wrong and it was a different game/studio that requested it?

I still have faith Vinny/Alex will sneak in an ER in NY. It's the perfect content while they wait for a real studio, equipment and new hires.

Just, for the love of god, no more bedroom and low bitrate Patrick-style video, they're meant to be pro's and a step above youtubers.

I'd say having live streams and chat on the videos makes them a step above youtuber...

chogidogs

Wasn't Man-God the one pushing them to do the Deadly Premonition ER? I also vaguely remember something about that almost not pushing through.

Chuck

Still without luck
they have their own emotes. that's a pretty huge step, i feel.

2605825-2605773-2605465-bigknob2.gif

All this talk is making me consider watching the P4 Endurance Run all over again now.

Either that or maybe I'll ask Jeff if he'll fly Vinny back to SF each week for a P4G Endurance Run :p

How long did the P4 ER go on for? I know it was 151 episodes but when did it start and finish?

I think it was February to August/September?

A solid 6 or 7 months of daily content I think they even pre recorded episodes that went up during E3?

I rewatched a bunch of it last year when I was playing through P4G. Still holds up. The random deaths after a hour and a half of grinding must have been a bummer. Its why I like the vita version. Sleep function FTW!

Brashnir

All this talk is making me consider watching the P4 Endurance Run all over again now.

Either that or maybe I'll ask Jeff if he'll fly Vinny back to SF each week for a P4G Endurance Run :p

I think you'd have a better chance of success if you spent all day screaming at livestock until they did a P4G Endurance Run.

All this P4 ER talk.

Lets watch the behind the scenes of Episode 50 video for nostalgias sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmzON7uojcU

edit

That Basement
That Vinny
That Intern Drew
That Ryan

Those where the days

Man, Giant Bomb used to be so raw compared to how it is now. It was really refreshing to see them throwing stuff at a wall and see what sticks. It's still great but it does feel more like a traditional gaming website nowadays than it did in the heady days of 2008.

Why is Rorie literally the best thing ever?

I will never understand the love some people have for Rorie. I get that obviously people have differing opinions but I just find him irritating and uninformed in pretty much every bit of content I see him in, never entertaining at all.

Zaph

Man, Giant Bomb used to be so raw compared to how it is now. It was really refreshing to see them throwing stuff at a wall and see what sticks. It's still great but it does feel more like a traditional gaming website nowadays than it did in the heady days of 2008.
Yeah, watching that episode 50 behind the scenes video, all dark and grainy, is like putting on an old CKY vid before Jackass became a thing.

I will never understand the love some people have for Rorie. I get that obviously people have differing opinions but I just find him irritating and uninformed in pretty much every bit of content I see him in, never entertaining at all.
He seems affable and doesn't try to talk around things. If he gets asked any question relating to almost anything, he'll give a straight answer.

dan2026

Dude Rorie is amazing, he babbles incoherently about everything, tells stories that make no sense and have no end and speaks his mind constantly even when it isn't appropriate.

Also does anyone remember that live stream from ages ago where giantbomb had a load of female guests on? (dont remember who they were)
Rorie was really drunk and commenting on dog pictures and the women were clearly embarrassed and disturbed.

Dude Rorie is amazing, he babbles incoherently about everything, tells stories that make no sense and have no end and speaks his mind constantly even when it isn't appropriate.

Oh I know he does all that, I just dont like any of it.

Anyway I'm not trying to argue or change anyones mind here, just one of those things that I have to put up with really. Unfortunately I have enjoyed GB less since Rorie came back.

Wunder

I think at the start he felt too 'by the books' for me, always prioritizing questions from chat, even if a good discussion was happening or it was a really dumb question. When he would interrupt people it would annoy me but I think he's gotten much more relaxed and his humor gets to shine through a bit more. I find his hatred of things pretty funny though, whenever a coffee flavored drink or food product was passed around he'd groan for like 5 minutes after its past him and keep saying how disgusting coffee is.

Zaph

I think at the start he felt too 'by the books' for me, always prioritizing questions from chat, even if a good discussion was happening or it was a really dumb question. When he would interrupt people it would annoy me but I think he's gotten much more relaxed and his humor gets to shine through a bit more. I find his hatred of things pretty funny though, whenever a coffee flavored drink or food product was passed around he'd groan for like 5 minutes after its past him and keep saying how disgusting coffee is.
Goes to show how subjective humour is.

His 'Oh, sorry to interrupt your discussion on the implications of losing Kinect, but KickButts420x wants to know if you'll be reviewing Doom 4' gets me every time.

I don't think people realise he can be a very slick troll.

Wunder

Goes to show how subjective humour is.

His 'Oh, sorry to interrupt your discussion on the implications of losing Kinect, but KickButts420x wants to know if you'll be reviewing Doom 4' gets me every time.

I don't think people realise he can be a very slick troll.

Haha I guess I didn't notice whenever he does that, but it used to seem like Jeff/Brad would get annoyed when he first started appearing because of his constant question asking.

I'll never get tired of hearing him ask questions that were extensively discussed less than a minute earlier. And his deadpan joke delivery is great, it sometimes takes a while for me to register that what he said was actually really funny.

Kerned

Banned
It's also worth mentioning that Rorie is really great at the customer service side of his job. It took him about three minutes from my initial email to fully resolve a payment issue I was having when buying one of their signed posters, all while he was moderating chat during UPF.

This is exactly the kind of thing Rorie would say about something he doesn't like. The issue is that you're too much like Rorie.

My favourite Rorie moment was in the aftermath of the Volgar event where he attempts to make Brad feel better by telling a 10 minute anecdote about him saying something inappropriate. The atmosphere's still a little awkward, It goes nowhere, and it the end it clicks with him that it wasn't remotely as bad as what Brad said.

Zaph

This is exactly the kind of thing Rorie would say about something he doesn't like. The issue is that you're too much like Rorie.

My favourite Rorie moment was in the aftermath of the Volgar event where he attempts to make Brad feel better by telling a 10 minute anecdote about him saying something inappropriate. The atmosphere's still a little awkward, It goes nowhere, and it the end it clicks with him that it wasn't remotely as bad as what Brad said.

You're empty.

Absolutely killed me. A complete non-story, with a non-punchline. Dude commits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom