• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
as someone who has never watched the p4 er i feel safe saying it is probably the worst

bad dudes, phantasmagoria, and game room best ers

As someone who still hates typical Japanese high school anime tropes, I gave the P4 ER a shot and became a fan of the Persona series by the end of it. Mostly because Jeff and Vinny also know the weird, creepy and crazy things about Japanese RPGs/anime and point it out. It helps that the characters grow on Jeff, Vinny and you as a viewer too.

so some PR guy caused ERs to be ditched? Fuck you very much, PR guy.

I have a feeling it has to do more with time than anything else. With the crew being as small as it is nowadays, it's probably tough to budget some time to film ERs either daily or destroying whole days filming bulk episodes. That and finding a proper game that two of them would be interested enough to want to see through to the end.

Plus, by giving something the title of ER it gives the expectation that they'll finish it (since they've finished all ER games). If something comes up organically like the recent Souls game playthroughs, they've shown they're willing to run with it but there's no need to name it an ER.

The Chrono Trigger ER was so bad.

I bet if they didnt do that the internet would have a greater view on Patrick.

"hello. I am Patrick. I am going to spend the next month playing your favorite game poorly" isnt exactly the best introduction as a new guy.

Rorie continues to be great...

5MTV59B.png

I loved it. It's my favorite ER. The P4 one went on for too long, and Deadly Premonition was just boring to watch. For me, Chrono Trigger ER has the perfect length, and the commentary is great.

"hello. I am Patrick. I am going to spend the next month playing your favorite game poorly" isnt exactly the best introduction as a new guy.

Pretty sure Ryan was the one playing the game

To me, the anime/Manga names of the protagonists of P3/4 are more annoying.

its like they never thought about it beforehand and when the series exploded they had to make up some names lol (which didn't fully work since the manga and anime version of the P4 MC had different names at some point).

Rorie continues to be great...

5MTV59B.png

i still chuckle when he utters that joke (even when i shouldn't)

Jokab

I dare say you're not a proper Giant Bomb fan if you haven't watched at least major portions of the P4 ER. It's the quintessential piece of GB content.

Curufinwe

I dare say you're not a proper Giant Bomb fan if you haven't watched at least major portions of the P4 ER. It's the quintessential piece of GB content.

I'd agree. Everyone should at least watch the Best of the first 100 episodes on youtube.

Is anyone working on a photoshop of the Persona farewell photo with the heads replaced?

Group-photo-persona-4-the-anime-the-animation-26174662-640-384.jpg

Protagonist = Vinny
Kanji = Jeff
Yosuke = Brad
Teddie = Drew
Naoto = Rorie
Chie & Rise = Themselves
Yukiko = cut out since they never much liked her

The Heavy Bullets QL was great and the game looks cool. I wonder how it looked to Vinny and Jeff, though, since they're both colorblind? Aren't the colors in the game primary "offenders" to colorblind people?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The Heavy Bullets QL was great and the game looks cool. I wonder how it looked to Vinny and Jeff, though, since they're both colorblind? Aren't the colors in the game primary "offenders" to colorblind people?

I think it would just look like different shades of gray to them.

[Late to the discussion]
Bummer to see that Atlus folks didn't like it.

It made me more aware of Persona, and more into it. Bought it for myself, bought it for friends, came to love it even more with friends, bought Golden etc.

Personally, the ER was the best advertisement for Atlus and the game.

Charlie is Vinny
Chie is Jeff
Yukiko is Brad
Yosuke is Drew
Kanji is Danny
Teddie is Rorie
Naoto is Alexis

Remember when Persona 4 Arena was previewing around various gaming websites and Altus PR had to go out of their way to say "no the Persona 4 hero is not called Charlie" in every interview? That was fun.

This never happened.

Zaph

[Late to the discussion]

It made me more aware of Persona, and more into it. Bought it for myself, bought it for friends, came to love it even more with friends, bought Golden etc.

Personally, the ER was the best advertisement for Atlus and the game.

Pretty sure it was one Atlus guy on GAF who didn't like it. And that was because he only watched the first couple episodes and thought they were making fun of something he worked hard on. He also got sick of Charlie Tunoku emails.

All other evidence points to Atlus really liking P4:ER (perhaps a bit too much). I bought P4 and P4:G thanks to GB (and eventually P3), and there is a lot more similar anecdotal evidence out there which suggests more than a minor sales bump.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
[Late to the discussion]

I think we established that it was one dude who based his dislike of the feature on an hour or so of footage. For the most part it seems people at Atlus were into it, if anything.

While I give Rorie shit about being generally clueless about videogames, I do admit that he does know his Blizzard franchises and World of Warcraft.

He's not clueless about video games he's just not up to date with them, and to be honest that's not really his job to be. I think the dude is pretty knowledgable and his solo live stream last weekend proved that, was surprised how well he kept it flowing solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom