• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That Heavy Bullets framerate is awful.

It was totally fine when I watched. Might be your PC bud.

The Chrono Trigger ER was so bad.

I bet if they didnt do that the internet would have a greater view on Patrick.

"hello. I am Patrick. I am going to spend the next month playing your favorite game poorly" isnt exactly the best introduction as a new guy.

I really enjoyed the Chrono ER, but I also never played the game.

Zaph

Vinny on Bombin' the AM is gonna be AWESOME.
Hopefully he brings his production skills to it and we get a full on morning show virtual set. And I want a jingle, damnit.

Td8tNS3.jpg
Patrick, get off your arse and expense a collapsible green screen.

dlc

Neo Member
Just saw that...

t55T5wa.png

Might as well go light myself on fire now.

You guys do realize that this just guarantees that Giant Bomb is being invested into by the games group? The video SEO canonicals back to the Giant Bomb and serves to drive more traffic to the site ensuring that it continues to grow moving forward, hence removing any likelihood (of which there is and was none) of it merging into gamespot.

Myggen

You guys do realize that this just guarantees that Giant Bomb is being invested into by the games group? The video SEO canonicals back to the Giant Bomb and serves to drive more traffic to the site ensuring that it continues to grow moving forward, hence removing any likelihood (of which there is and was none) of it merging into gamespot.

The smackdowns are coming from inside the CBSi building!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I don't think anywhere on the video does it mention that it's from Giantbomb.com. The only mention is in the description "Watch extended gameplay footage from Wolfenstein: The New Order featuring the Giant Bomb crew." which doesn't really serve to drive much traffic back to GB.

I don't think anywhere on the video does it mention that it's from Giantbomb.com. The only mention is in the description "Watch extended gameplay footage from Wolfenstein: The New Order featuring the Giant Bomb crew." which doesn't really serve to drive much traffic back to GB.

He's talking about things that improve google results.

Zaph

Jwa6ZSA.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Jeff also said on his Tumblr that they'll link the videos more clearly to GB in the future.

Yep, I read that when it Jeff originally posted it, which is why I mentioned that currently it's really not super beneficial for GB.

If GS changes it in the future and makes it more clearly point over then great, but I hope that happens sooner rather than later.

dlc

Neo Member
Yep, I read that when it Jeff originally posted it, which is why I mentioned that currently it's really not super beneficial for GB.

If GS changes it in the future and makes it more clearly point over then great, but I hope that happens sooner rather than later.

The initial play is for search engine purposes which will drive more search traffic to giant bomb. In many ways having a canonical from a site like gamespot will help more then just links back to the site (maybe not for the user, but much more for traffic levels)

After E3 is over, we'll be doing a lot more, but obviously that's the big elephant in the room that the engineering team is focusing on.

sixghost

The initial play is for search engine purposes which will drive more search traffic to giant bomb. In many ways having a canonical from a site like gamespot will help more then just links back to the site (maybe not for the user, but much more for traffic levels)

After E3 is over, we'll be doing a lot more, but obviously that's the big elephant in the room that the engineering team is focusing on.

I wish I understood tech business jargon

dlc

Neo Member
I wish I understood tech business jargon

giant bomb quick look on gamespot points back to giant bomb, makes google think it's giant bomb, ends up with more users finding giant bomb on google, lets jeff take over the world! :)

dang, just noticed I'm back to junior member as a status, never going to post enough to get member :(

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

It seems like the kind of thing where at least the little opening "Video Feature" that the video has should at least have the name "GiantBomb" on it instead of just the logo, so that people who watch will definitely see where it comes from, because I'm sure most people who watch wouldn't bother reading the description.

Zaph

This amazing song Giant Bomb wrote for me a few years ago deserves some play, so I figured I'd share it here with you.

Met my GF on their site, and this was their Valentine's Day tribute to us

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Vinny and Dave are best combo :(

RIP Random PC Game.

edit: Also, fuck you for keeping that to yourself for so long!
Not really, congrats on the engagement. First kid must be named Vincent David or David Vincent.
It seems like the kind of thing where at least the little opening "Video Feature" that the video has should at least have the name "GiantBomb" on it instead of just the logo, so that people who watch will definitely see where it comes from, because I'm sure most people who watch wouldn't bother reading the description.

That's means getting the video guys to change bumpers for a temporary problem (it'll also show on GB). Why bother?

dlc

Neo Member

yeah, I agree there. The video was just pulled from the GB original file which doesn't have that starting track either.

Gurrry

Wait.. so I just heard something on bombing in the AM.. Vinny is leaving cali to goto NY full time?

If this is the case... Im not sure what to think of the podcast anymore. :(

Im gonna get real for a second and write a bunch of shit that no one will probably read anyway... so hate me if you want... but this has been something that has been on my mind for awhile now. And as fans of the website, im sure others have felt the same:

Ive been listening religiously for the past 2 years or so and Vinny is by far the best part about GB. Even if he doesnt bring the best game analysis, he brings the fun to the cast. Him not being in California anymore with the rest of the guys will do nothing but hurt the site/podcast. There is no positive side to this, other than him getting to work in NY on the other show. Which, lets be honest, is the least watched show on GB regardless of how good it is.

Personally, Jeff has been getting on my nerves lately. Last weeks cast where he wasnt on the show was actually a blessing. The entire tone of the show was upbeat, funny, and informing. No drama. No tension. It was like an actual podcast..

Jeff seems like he is always trying to prove Brad wrong for what ever reason, and he rarley brings any actual analysis to current games. Brad seems like he is the only one who is up to date with recently released games, while Jeff is always playing some old shit that only a minority of people care about.

Granted, Jeff does talk about new games from time to time, but I feel like before Ryan passed he was much more analytical and focused more on bringing a fun personality to the show. I understand his change in personality could have occurred because of the tragic events and I dont blame him for that at all. Losing someone so close to you can really put you in a pretty shitty mental state and he may not have fully recovered, and maybe he never will. But Ive seen him in a much more chipper state and Ive seen the "old" Jeff shine through on UPF and other casts.

Honestly, I think this "epiphany" for me occurred after the whole Plants V Zombies argument between Brad and Jeff. Ever since then, the two seem to just be at each others throats constantly, with Jeff being the instigator.

Sometimes, I can literally FEEL the tension through just listening to the podcast. It makes it super uncomfortable to sit through. Even this current cast that is out, Jeff is trying to argue about the Beatles singing German songs when they were first becoming popular. First of all, not only does Jeff have no clue what he is talking about, he is trying to defend his stance that is CLEARLY wrong. Is it to just push Brad's buttons? Is he trying to be funny? I dont get it...

If Vinny is really leaving... the podcast will have some GIANT shoes to fill. Vinny was a mediator of Brad and Jeff and he always knew how to lighten the mood or get things back on track.

I honestly fear that the podcast is about to be Jeff and Brad butting heads for 2 hours each week.. something that Im not sure I can handle much more of.

:(

Myggen

I didn't see these posted here, so:

Youtube version of the Lifeguard segment on the charity stream

The The Sims massacre

Well, I'd give it a couple of Vinny-less podcasts before giving up. I don't agree with your views on the "tension" between Jeff and Brad or whatever, but that's you opinion and that's fine. Anyways, the unknown factor is who they bring in as the new editor. Jeff said on his Tumblr that that person will be on the Bombcast as a regular.

Anyways, UPF!

Volotaire

Wait.. so I just heard something on bombing in the AM.. Vinny is leaving cali to goto NY full time?

If this is the case... Im not sure what to think of the podcast anymore. :(

Im gonna get real for a second and write a bunch of shit that no one will probably read anyway... so hate me if you want... but this has been something that has been on my mind for awhile now. And as fans of the website, im sure others have felt the same:

Ive been listening religiously for the past 2 years or so and Vinny is by far the best part about GB. Even if he doesnt bring the best game analysis, he brings the fun to the cast. Him not being in California anymore with the rest of the guys will do nothing but hurt the site/podcast. There is no positive side to this, other than him getting to work in NY on the other show. Which, lets be honest, is the least watched show on GB regardless of how good it is.

Personally, Jeff has been getting on my nerves lately. Last weeks cast where he wasn't on the show was actually a blessing. The entire tone of the show was upbeat, funny, and informing. No drama. No tension. It was like an actual podcast..

Jeff seems like he is always trying to prove Brad wrong for what ever reason, and he rarley brings any actual analysis to current games. Brad seems like he is the only one who is up to date with recently released games, while Jeff is always playing some old shit that only a minority of people care about.

Granted, Jeff does talk about new games from time to time, but I feel like before Ryan passed he was much more analytical and focused more on bringing a fun personality to the show. I understand his change in personality could have occurred because of the tragic events and I dont blame him for that at all. Losing someone so close to you can really put you in a pretty shitty mental state and he may not have fully recovered, and maybe he never will. But Ive seen him in a much more chipper state and Ive seen the "old" Jeff shine through on UPF and other casts.

Honestly, I think this "epiphany" for me occurred after the whole Plants V Zombies argument between Brad and Jeff. Ever since then, the two seem to just be at each others throats constantly, with Jeff being the instigator.

Sometimes, I can literally FEEL the tension through just listening to the podcast. It makes it super uncomfortable to sit through. Even this current cast that is out, Jeff is trying to argue about the Beatles singing German songs when they were first becoming popular. First of all, not only does Jeff have no clue what he is talking about, he is trying to defend his stance that is CLEARLY wrong. Is it to just push Brad's buttons? Is he trying to be funny? I dont get it...

If Vinny is really leaving... the podcast will have some GIANT shoes to fill. Vinny was a mediator of Brad and Jeff and he always knew how to lighten the mood or get things back on track.

I honestly fear that the podcast is about to be Jeff and Brad butting heads for 2 hours each week.. something that Im not sure I can handle much more of.

:(

The news was posted on the Giantbomb site and was talked about on the latest podcast. Plus it won't just be Brad and Jeff, in the meantime there will be Alexis, Rorie and Drew, up until the new hires come in (if they're both not working for Giantbomb NY).

Moreover, Vinny and Alex are currently thinking of new ideas and content to be produced in NY, with new office space, so this does not imply that he will be a regular on 'Bombin with the A.M'.

IaN_GAF

Hey duders!

I do not often weigh in, but I am really excited to see Giant Bomb evolve given the recently announced changes. I trust Vinny will be able to keep delivering entertaining content, probably in combination with Alex (whom I have really started to appreciate more due to his contributions to Bombin in the AM lately) and I look forward to see Brad, Jeff, Drew and Matt Rorie bring us new types of content.

May we all be nerd-hyped to high heavens by the awesome stuff that awaits us for a minimal fee on a yearly basis ;)

Enjoy your weekends, guys!

Gurrry

I was just coming around to Vinny moving and now I'm super bummed again.

Thanks.

Im sorry.. :(

I definately dont mean to be the downer. I just wanted to spill my thoughts because I felt this was an appropriate time to do so considering the recent news. I will still listen to watch GB regardless of who is there.. and you should too.

Good people deserve good things. GB is good peoples.

I just hope that these new "wings" of the company actually become something noteworthy. Vinny will definitely bring a new touch to Bombing in the AM. Maybe this is exactly what they need to get these new sectors off the ground successfully?

The news was posted on the Giantbomb site and was talked about on the latest podcast. Plus it won't just be Brad and Jeff, in the meantime there will be Alexis, Rorie and Drew, up until the new hires come in (if they're both not working for Giantbomb NY).

Moreover, Vinny and Alex are currently thinking of new ideas and content to be produced in NY, with new office space, so this does not imply that he will be a regular on 'Bombin with the A.M'.

Yeah I just read the post on the website. I trust Vinny as a producer. The guy knows what he is doing. So I expect Giant Bomb NY to become an actual legitimate thing as opposed to how it is now..

That moment stands out to me as well. I actually posted something on one of their YT vids, in a very friendly way, about Jeff constantly giving Brad a hard time and seeming to be in a shitty mood and it got deleted. Not saying that means anything... I'm just saying.

I do worry about the podcast, and I agree with you 100%. Vinny was my favorite part of the podcast from the moment I started listening about a year ago. Brad has great insight but is pretty dry compared to Vinny (who isn't?) and you're spot-on with what you said about how Jeff comes across. It's inevitable that whenever they talk about a new game he'll be like "ehhhh..." or some variation and he seems to get worked up over the most insignificant things. If I was his doctor (note: I'm not a doctor) I would tell him to chill out and destress before he causes harm to himself.

I worry.

Hey duders!

I do not often weigh in, but I am really excited to see Giant Bomb evolve given the recently announced changes. I trust Vinny will be able to keep delivering entertaining content, probably in combination with Alex (whom I have really started to appreciate more due to his contributions to Bombin in the AM lately) and I look forward to see Brad, Jeff, Drew and Matt Rorie bring us new types of content.

May we all be nerd-hyped to high heavens by the awesome stuff that awaits us for a minimal fee on a yearly basis ;)

Enjoy your weekends, guys!

...You're not THE Ian, are you?

I just hope that these new "wings" of the company actually become something noteworthy. Vinny will definitely bring a new touch to Bombing in the AM. Maybe this is exactly what they need to get these new sectors off the ground successfully?

Send Giant Bomb NY a can of Red Bull every month. That should ensure that they stay afloat for quite some time.

Myggen

Has Vinny on Bombin' been confirmed?

No. But Patrick implied on the last Bombin' that they would probably change the format of that show now that Vinny is coming to NY. I think it was just him expecting that Vinny would get involved in it in some capacity, not that it was a sure thing or anything.

On another note, I continue to be amazed by people reading so much into the "left trigger, right trigger" argument between Brad and Jeff. They can't argue about anything on the Bombcast again because people will assume that they're mortal enemies or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom