• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

Has Vinny on Bombin' been confirmed?

Sorry to cause any confusions from my posts, but I dont think anything has been confirmed as far as him being on bombing in the AM.

Im sure he will make a few appearances at first, but I dont think he would be a regular.

Sounds like they have other ideas in the works that they will start producing once he gets to NY.

Unprofessional Fridays has begun. Chat is still down. Brad is playing DotA.

Looks like I'm skippin' this one. WAIT IT WAS A REPLAY.

Oh! Collusion.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
We will never hear the end of Rorie's vending machine temperature woes.

Gurrry

No. But Patrick implied on the last Bombin' that they would probably change the format of that show now that Vinny is coming to NY. I think it was just him expecting that Vinny would get involved in it in some capacity, not that it was a sure thing or anything.

On another note, I continue to be amazed by people reading so much into the "left trigger, right trigger" argument between Brad and Jeff. They can't argue about anything on the Bombcast again because people will assume that they're mortal enemies or something.

I can handle a well thought out debate. I actually do enjoy their banter when it isnt so hostile and cynically driven. But youre probably right, I am looking too deep into things.

But honestly, its just the times when Jeff seems like he cant even fathom the idea that someone thinks differently than him that really irks me.

The rest of the debate I thoroughly enjoy.

njean777

Wait.. so I just heard something on bombing in the AM.. Vinny is leaving cali to goto NY full time?

If this is the case... Im not sure what to think of the podcast anymore. :(

Im gonna get real for a second and write a bunch of shit that no one will probably read anyway... so hate me if you want... but this has been something that has been on my mind for awhile now. And as fans of the website, im sure others have felt the same:

Ive been listening religiously for the past 2 years or so and Vinny is by far the best part about GB. Even if he doesnt bring the best game analysis, he brings the fun to the cast. Him not being in California anymore with the rest of the guys will do nothing but hurt the site/podcast. There is no positive side to this, other than him getting to work in NY on the other show. Which, lets be honest, is the least watched show on GB regardless of how good it is.

Personally, Jeff has been getting on my nerves lately. Last weeks cast where he wasnt on the show was actually a blessing. The entire tone of the show was upbeat, funny, and informing. No drama. No tension. It was like an actual podcast..

Jeff seems like he is always trying to prove Brad wrong for what ever reason, and he rarley brings any actual analysis to current games. Brad seems like he is the only one who is up to date with recently released games, while Jeff is always playing some old shit that only a minority of people care about.

Granted, Jeff does talk about new games from time to time, but I feel like before Ryan passed he was much more analytical and focused more on bringing a fun personality to the show. I understand his change in personality could have occurred because of the tragic events and I dont blame him for that at all. Losing someone so close to you can really put you in a pretty shitty mental state and he may not have fully recovered, and maybe he never will. But Ive seen him in a much more chipper state and Ive seen the "old" Jeff shine through on UPF and other casts.

Honestly, I think this "epiphany" for me occurred after the whole Plants V Zombies argument between Brad and Jeff. Ever since then, the two seem to just be at each others throats constantly, with Jeff being the instigator.

Sometimes, I can literally FEEL the tension through just listening to the podcast. It makes it super uncomfortable to sit through. Even this current cast that is out, Jeff is trying to argue about the Beatles singing German songs when they were first becoming popular. First of all, not only does Jeff have no clue what he is talking about, he is trying to defend his stance that is CLEARLY wrong. Is it to just push Brad's buttons? Is he trying to be funny? I dont get it...

If Vinny is really leaving... the podcast will have some GIANT shoes to fill. Vinny was a mediator of Brad and Jeff and he always knew how to lighten the mood or get things back on track.

I honestly fear that the podcast is about to be Jeff and Brad butting heads for 2 hours each week.. something that Im not sure I can handle much more of.

:(

I have been listening since 07 when they were arrow pointing down and this has been going on since then. If it wasn't jeff it was Ryan. They have always picked on Brad and always will. This isn't a new thing. It's funny to pick on brad because he is passionate and it makes for fun arguing. They are never outright cussing each other out or really getting angry at each other either.

Gurrry

I have been listening since 07 when they were arrow pointing down and this has been going on since then. If it wasn't jeff it was Ryan. They have always picked on Brad and always will. This isn't a new thing. It's funny to pick on brad because he is passionate and it makes for fun arguing. They are never outright cussing each other out or really getting angry at each other either.

Thats interesting.

Like I said, ive only been listening for about 2 years now and only recently have I started to notice it.

And honestly, I know what its like. Me and my friends always give each other crap. From an outsiders perspective, it might seem like we are arch rivals.. but within our group.. its completely normal.

M3z_

I'm pretty sure an addiction to DOTA is more likely to make your heavier than lighter. Sitting on your ass for long periods of time while building up stress and adrenaline is likely to lead to binge eating which is terrible considering you just sat on your ass all day.

Brad looks less worn, maybe getting more sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom