• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Vinnys last time and they didnt't make it free.

fuck giant bomb

Ther's a free stream on Tuesday, why should they make this UPF free? You've been very doom and gloom on here the last few days :p

why should they cheapen themselves? If people care about Vinny so much, they should have put down for a month of premium. Is Vinny and crew not worth being able to earn a decent wage. Because of people not buying premium, Vinny had to leave Cali altogether.

That's a bit harsh. I get the impression that the main reason for the move is that both his and his wife's family is in the New York area. The price of SF real estate probably didn't help, but I'm sure they could've made it work if their families were here. Like Vinny said on the podcast, it's not easy to raise a kid without any family nearby, and he knew that he had to move back in the not so distant future when he got Max.

Anyways, UPF was good. Now up and onwards!

That firefighter segment was one of the funniest things on giantbomb. Just makes the departure all the more depressing. Alex and Vinny just don't have the same chemistry but I suppose we shall see how it works out.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'm guessing a jumbo pack of Pull 'n Peel Twizzlers.

I'm open to hearing other guesses.

Myggen

I'm guessing a jumbo pack of Pull 'n Peel Twizzlers.

I'm open to hearing other guesses.

xl_Sony-Project-Morpheus-5.jpg

Think about it.

Zoggy

they're streaming the pizza party?

i'm gonna take off work order my own pizza and act like i'm there with them.

not really

MMaRsu

why should they cheapen themselves? If people care about Vinny so much, they should have put down for a month of premium. Is Vinny and crew not worth being able to earn a decent wage. Because of people not buying premium, Vinny had to leave Cali altogether.

Really :(

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think it just implies that Vinny will continue to play Simon's Quest, so there'll be more parts.

This is the most hilarious post I've seen in a while. So many incorrect assumptions.

Being fair, it truly seems that living in San Francisco is economically difficult right now. And Vinny mentioned that is difficult for him to deal with Max without his family helping.

They didn't exactly blame the 'lack' of suscriptions but the high cost of living in SF.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
With Vinny out of the office I'm curious how GB SF will handle Premium content. If you think about it almost every piece of subscriber content (minus UPF) was heavily dependent on Vinny. Breaking Brad was Brad and Vinny. Load our Last Save, Flight Club and RPG (rip to all of them) was Vinny + somebody else. Guess it's Jeff's turn now, since he wasn't really involved in any of them.

hamchan

With Vinny out of the office I'm curious how GB SF will handle Premium content. If you think about it almost every piece of subscriber content (minus UPF) was heavily dependent on Vinny. Breaking Brad was Brad and Vinny. Load our Last Save, Flight Club and RPG (rip to all of them) was Vinny + somebody else. Guess it's Jeff's turn now, since he wasn't really involved in any of them.

I'd argue the best parts of UPF were mostly Vinny stuff too.

I'd say Drew can handle the technical stuff.

Kelas

Without Ryan and now Vinny, I really dread what the bombcast will become.

Jeff + Brad + Drew + [Rorie +/or New Guy]. I dunno, I think it can still be cool. We can only embrace it, no sense dreading it.

Jesus Christ guys, Vinny didn't die.

But the bombcast and quick looks are probably going to take a major turn for the worse. At least for awhile. I love Brad and Jeff. I really do but the dynamic is dead. They both seem to want to be doing something else other than talk about gaming. Which is fine when someone else is there to draw out some energy.

I always enjoy it when Patrick pops in on the bombcast so I am hoping that Vinny will be no stranger to that too.

Will miss Vinny's wit on the other content for sure.

Zomba13

Jeff + Brad + Drew + [Rorie +/or New Guy]. I dunno, I think it can still be cool. We can only embrace it, no sense dreading it.

Rorie will spend the whole bombcast in chat and then bring up a discussion point they've already been over and then be all "Oh sorry I wasn't listening".

Kelas

Rorie will spend the whole bombcast in chat and then bring up a discussion point they've already been over and then be all "Oh sorry I wasn't listening".

Sounds great to me.

rookiejet

Are (or were) the crew against remoting to the bombcast for technical reasons or simply logistics? I am asking because I am guessing they can afford to use a communications solution that's better than Skype, and I am aware that many podcasts that have hosts that remote regularly have them record their feeds locally and mix it later. I am sure they have thought of that, so I'm wondering as to their reasoning.

sikkinixx

Are (or were) the crew against remoting to the bombcast for technical reasons or simply logistics? I am asking because I am guessing they can afford to use a communications solution that's better than Skype, and I am aware that many podcasts that have hosts that remote regularly have them record their feeds locally and mix it later. I am sure they have thought of that, so I'm wondering as to their reasoning.

Pretty sure Jeff has said in the past he doesn't think the dynamics work as well over Skype and I tend to agree. Skype podcasts work best when it's only a duo, once you get 4, 5, 6 people going from different areas it shows.

Im just going to say it, I dont like Rorie. I think his obsession with dogs is strange, its even stranger that he broadcasts it. I dont think hes funny. The whole " you're a....." thing isnt funny, and its ALWAYS forced. He doesnt listen either, as you pointed out. The podcast would be worse off if he was there. Hell, the video stuff he is on is worse because he is on it

Bsigg12

I would be fine with Danny stepping into the Bombcast for a week or 2 until they get new hires rolling in. He's a terrific personality and fits well with the GB crew.

Im just going to say it, I dont like Rorie. I think his obsession with dogs is strange, its even stranger that he broadcasts it. I dont think hes funny. The whole " you're a....." thing isnt funny, and its ALWAYS forced. He doesnt listen either, as you pointed out. The podcast would be worse off if he was there. Hell, the video stuff he is on is worse because he is on it

Oh sorry i wasn't listening.

Zaph

Maybe he doesn't like you either.

Spaghetti

danny really should have been a giant bomb hire, but he was brought in to add some flavour to gamespot.

he's kind of wasted there, really. he's one of the few bombcast guests that felt like they could have been there from the very start. real natural fit with the rest of the crew.

Darklord

Banned

1555760-rorie.jpg

Maybe he doesn't like you either.

Thats fine, Im not trying to please everyone. I should also note that Im not trying to bash Rorie as a person. Im sure he is a guy with fine moral values, and hes just a regular guy with regular friends, family, and so on. What I really should have said is that I dislike the personality he puts on the website. Im sure he even does good work for the site off camera. I just dont think hes very good at being on camera or on a podcast

rookiejet

Pretty sure Jeff has said in the past he doesn't think the dynamics work as well over Skype and I tend to agree. Skype podcasts work best when it's only a duo, once you get 4, 5, 6 people going from different areas it shows.

If the connection is real-time and low-latency, I don't see how the dynamics can be altered really. Do they emote a lot while talking that they need to see each other perhaps? In any case, I think the alternative of a bombcast without Vinny (and Patrick and Alex) is the worse option.

Thats fine, Im not trying to please everyone. I should also note that Im not trying to bash Rorie as a person. Im sure he is a guy with fine moral values, and hes just a regular guy with regular friends, family, and so on. What I really should have said is that I dislike the personality he puts on the website. Im sure he even does good work for the site off camera. I just dont think hes very good at being on camera or on a podcast

that's fine, he's not trying to please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom