• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
and he hasn't exactly denied that it's the GB job when people have asked him on Twitter.

But if a company doesn't want you to announce something like that, that would probably be the correct response anyway to stop people from narrowing down the possibilities.

solarus

I'm sure these tweets have already been posted but I screencapped this from twitter.

yZ4sq6K.png

Indignate

But if a company doesn't want you to announce something like that, that would probably be the correct response anyway to stop people from narrowing down the possibilities.

This.

And aren't new hires only kept a secret when you don't want your current employees to know you've hired/have been looking to hire? Well, I guess another reason would be that the deal might not be fully complete due to background checks and such.

What would I know though. I'm just a small business man.

I'm guess Jeff kept the new hire secret because it he knew how crazy people would get trying to guess who it is and he knew people will just shit over the choice anyway as it's not Danny.

Zaph

I'm guess Jeff kept the new hire secret because it he knew how crazy people would get trying to guess who it is and he knew people will just shit over the choice anyway as it's not Danny.
I don't think Jeff is keeping it 'secret' for any GB-specific reason, it's just the done thing to do.

Give the new hire time to hand in notice, wrap up affairs, etc. And Jeff no doubt wants time to orient him in person.

Patryn

If it is this Jared Rosen, I'm a little wary. I just watched some of his stuff and I do kind of feel that he's putting on this facade.

However, I will definitely give a chance in the Giant Bomb ecosystem.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man announces he has new job. Somebody mentioned GiantBomb. Hire confirmed.
Just wait a bit guys, maybe he is the new guy maybe he isn't. I really don't see a "Can't tell yet" as some sort of confirmation.

Patryn

Man announces he has new job. Somebody mentioned GiantBomb. Hire confirmed.
Just wait a bit guys, maybe he is the new guy maybe he isn't. I really don't see a "Can't tell yet" as some sort of confirmation.

And what do you think the tweet about "The Giantest of all Bombs" means? He's been hired by IGN?

Curufinwe

Jeff's plan for two podcasts per week sounds good to me. I assume each one would be around 60-90 minutes long, and the Thursday one would cover the videogame news from the week.

And what do you think the tweet about "The Giantest of all Bombs" means? He's been hired by IGN?

He could be just trolling with that comment. His original comment looks more to me like someone who won't confirm or deny any speculation, since he can't say yet. If someone had asked him if it was IGN he may have said the same thing. People fixated on the GB angle on Twitter so he decided to mess with them a bit.

Just another way the tweets could be interpreted.

graboids

Jeff's plan for two podcasts per week sounds good to me. I assume each one would be around 60-90 minutes long, and the Thursday one would cover the videogame news from the week.

I agree, and they could just Skype Vinny in for the non video game podcast or something...

also, I wonder if they could add a new show, maybe even as subscriber content, similar to Bombin in the AM that is hosted by Vinny and someone else. Instead of adding Vinny to what they have give him his own version of it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

So you think at first he is like "Nope can't say" but after another guy asks he just tells him?
Sure he MIGHT be hired by GiantBomb, but I don't see this as any indication for or against it.

Zemm

I checked some of his videos and he seemed cool, he gets the thumbs up from me if he indeed is joining Giantbomb. He might end up being terrible but so far I quite like him and willing to give him a chance.

Mechazawa

It's funny, a certain other board was complaining he's another 'SJW' like Patrick. You can't win on the internet.

I think you're misinterpreting his post. That video is the exact kind of thing that people who throw around terms like "SJW" would be mad about.

Although it doesn't help that it's not a particularly funny video about a low hanging fruit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
never heard of the guy, which is probably a good thing?

and while I dont think they should do it for the sake of doing... I still think hey should have gotten a female editor

hamchan

As long as the new guy has energy that will be enough for me, for now at least. With Vinny gone there's really no one in SF that has energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom