• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Beatles Rockband set is like a disease that I can't get rid of. Gamestop obviously won't take it. I put it up for free pickup on Craigslist with no takers. But it would feel wrong to just throw it in the trash.

While I always liked the idea of Rockband/Guitar Hero I'm not terribly sad they're gone, especially now that I've transitioned into full on Rocksmith.

Zaph

Has Cara Ellison been eliminated as a contender at this point? I remember her name coming up in the beginning, but I haven't heard about it since.

Carrie coming on board would be INCREDIBLE. She is awesome and already has chemistry with the crew. On the other hand, the weekend-crew would produce a staggering amount of Jeff/Carrie fanfiction.

I'm not familiar with Shane, has he been on the Bombcast before?

Unless she already has a work permit/visa, she ain't getting the job. They were never going to go through the visa process for anyone, it would delay the hire by months and potentially be declined because they'd have to prove why they can't hire a US citizen.

The Giant Bombcast with Shane Bettenhausen: learn about how Sony has a secret unannounced game that will change everything but nobody can say anything yet, every week for the next three years.

Frequent discussions on magical next gen rumble.

AColdDay

Has Robert Ashley been ruled out as a potential editor? Is he still doing games stuff?

"We are proud to announce Robert Ashley as our new Senior Editor. In addition to his years of writing experience, he will be taking over hosting duties for the Bombcast, which will now be bi-yearly instead of weekly."

jgminto

The only youtube person I'd want to see hired would be supergreatfriend. He has a great speaking voice, can carry a conversation solo on a live stream and has mad editing prowess. His Deadly Premonition LP is far and away the highest quality LP I've ever seen. No idea if he even applied of course.

They're hiring Luke Smith and Shane Bettenhausen. Podcast name changed to Halo Wars.

It's weird thinking back to old 1UP podcasts and 1UP Show videos where they openly poked fun at their own rather obvious (and human) biases and preferences. Nobody really does that much anymore except maybe Giant Bomb guys pointing out that Brad likes Dota a whole lot, or... I dunno, Jeff hating some beloved 20 year old game.

The Giant Bombcast with Shane Bettenhausen: learn about how Sony has a secret unannounced game that will change everything but nobody can say anything yet, every week for the next three years.

Frequent discussions on magical next gen rumble.

Multiplatform game comes out, Brad is talking about playing the PC version.

Shane: It's not on PC.
Jeff: Yeah, PC, Xbox One, and PS4
Shane: Guarantee you it is not on those systems, only PS4.
Brad: Shane, I'm playing it. It's on other systems. The review copy we got in was for Xbox One.
Shane: Well, wait and see, I guess, but I promise it's a PS4 exclusive.

Zaph

All jokes aside, isn't Jack Tretton going to be on Spike's E3 coverage? Potential to get him on one of the GB night shows...?

Myggen

If I can be serious for a moment... based on the timing of everything, and the fact it is a "Senior" position, I think Carrie is the best possible guess we have right now - but still a guess. Lots of little things seems to fall in place to make it more than a pie in the sky guess.

If I'm not mistaken, Carrie said on a GB PAX panel (or at least some kind of GB content) that she couldn't go back to journalism after being in cevelopment, because she would find it too hard to be critical of games after she'd seen the dev part of the industry. Granted, that was a few years ago at this point, but still.

Would love for Carrie to be the new hire though. And Jeff pretty much guaranteed more outlandish speculation by confirming that the position had been upgraded to Senior Editor. So it's all his fault, really.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Did Rorie ever resolve his warm soda issue? Is is normal for workplaces not to have free beverages?

Companies I've worked for have had water and coffee at most, except for one that stopped buying coffee after more than 20 years of providing it. The employees promptly rebelled and last I saw the management team their skulls were being polished by crazed mailroom clerks up since 3AM..

Kerned

Banned
If I can be serious for a moment... based on the timing of everything, and the fact it is a "Senior" position, I think Carrie is the best possible guess we have right now - but still a guess. Lots of little things seems to fall in place to make it more than a pie in the sky guess.

I agree with you on that. Of all the names being tossed around, hers is the most plausible by far. Her or Condoleezza Rice.

I consider myself lucky but funny enough I quit drinking soda almost 5 years ago. My wife's old work had meals provided/cooked there if they worked late or are in meetings.

If I'm not mistaken, Carrie said on a GB PAX panel (or at least some kind of GB content) that she couldn't go back to journalism after being in cevelopment, because she would find it too hard to be critical of games after she'd seen the dev part of the industry. Granted, that was a few years ago at this point, but still.

Would love for Carrie to be the new hire though. And Jeff pretty much guaranteed more outlandish speculation by confirming that the position had been upgraded to Senior Editor. So it's all his fault, really.

Not to get into the debate of video game "journalism" but even if we consider what most games writers do to be journalism. That's not what joining GiantBomb would be, there's not really a lot of critique outside of the occasional reviews, it's mostly just shooting the shit.

I miss soda, cut it out a few months ago when I started running. Working well though, 5'10 and 155!

Warm soda is definitely one of the most disgusting drinks out there though.

If Carrie Gouskos is not Senior Editor, then I will change my avatar to something from The Big Bang Theory for two full months.

There... now I am fully invested in this nonsense!

if anything, given the timing of events, Anthony Gallegos would be a solid guess. and honestly i can see his personality mixing really well with the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom