• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

graboids

Dan Ryckert tweeted about looking for a new apt... But didn't say in which city he was looking... Must be SF because he is the new hire! ... I wish....

Dan Ryckert tweeted about looking for a new apt... But didn't say in which city he was looking... Must be SF because he is the new hire! ... I wish....

Dan Ryckert would be the perfect addition to Giant Bomb. But I would miss his Replays with Tim Turi if he were to leave Game Informer.

The new Giant Bomb editor is clearly Pope Francis.

IBEY6hO.png

Obviously he's talking about the Giant Bomb Offices.

Google

Second floor is where the money people are. So of course THEY get the cold soda.

Oh, and Carrie really would be the perfect hire! She is hilarious, has a relationship with the crew already and also has editor experience. It almost makes too much sense.

One would assume she was on a decent whack at EA. Definitely more than one would be paid without tenure at a media outlet. Would she take a cut?

Nishastra

Banned
Oh man. Turi and Ryckert could be the official ER guys. Cranking them out non-fucking-stop.

I want this to happen.
Operation Play Every Single Dubious Survival Horror Game Ever.

They'd need Reiner too, though, really, and if this whole thing wasn't already an absurd idea, the thought of him leaving GI...

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
One would assume she was on a decent whack at EA. Definitely more than one would be paid without tenure at a media outlet. Would she take a cut?

Mythic just got shutdown. Its just speculation that the people there may have known it was coming, hence them looking for other jobs. Again, just speculation from us weirdos.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't help myself, there's only one way Rorie's vending machine beef can end:

I'd just like it if one day everyone comes to the office and finds the two vending machines mysteriously swapped.

Qblivion

It is kinda amazing that Giant Bomb has generated a community that cares so much about another person working at the site, but on the other hand holy shit this speculation stuff went way overboard ages ago and has only gotten worse and oh god I want to light myself on fire now.

hwy_61

Banned
It is kinda amazing that Giant Bomb has generated a community that cares so much about another person working at the site, but on the other hand holy shit this speculation stuff went way overboard ages ago and has only gotten worse and oh god I want to light myself on fire now.

blame it on Jeff for opening his stupid mouth last stream. He knows exactly what he did. Scumbag.

daydream

Banned

Are you the new hire?

You have to tell me if you are.

ClaireDanesCryFace-2.gif

I AM ABOUT TO SOLVE THIS FUCKING THING

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So i wasn't around when Patrick was hired, what was that like? I understand people didn't like him at first?

People still don't like him.

This transition is going to be rough. Unless it is Danny. He is literally the only person that would make for a smooth transition.

Drake would come close. But still be rocky.

But the bitching that is coming. Oh man, the bitching will be insufferable.

santeesioux

People still don't like him.

This transition is going to be rough. Unless it is Danny. He is literally the only person that would make for a smooth transition.

Drake would come close. But still be rocky.

But the bitching that is coming. Oh man, the bitching will be insufferable.

Why didn't people like him at the time? He seems pretty inoffensive to me.

graboids

Ah, i see. He was already there when i stared paying attention to them.

I think the majority of the users liked/like him... there was a huge thread for him when his father passed away, and I remember Ryan noting that response as showing that Patrick had been accepted by the community on the Bombcast when Patrick came back for the first time after his time off.

I think the big difference between Patrick and the rest of the crew is more the tone/delivery of what he is saying, that's where the SJW crap comes in. People not liking the way some games journalists say things, sometimes it feels like they are trying to be the internet's parents or something, "here is what I think and if you disagree it just proves you're not as evolved as a human being as I am" instead of just saying "here is what I think"

that may all be wrong, I personally dont have an issue with Patrick. I dont always agree with him, but I was a fan of his from G4 so when they hired him I was excited, and I still think its been a positive addition having him around.

SuperTurboMan

Neo Member
I know it isn't happening, just saying he is the only one that would fit in fairly seamlessly without major annoying outbursts.

Why would it be a good idea to hire somebody and give him the money you've been saving up for years to somebody who is already within the company and contributing to your business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom