• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All jokes aside, isn't Jack Tretton going to be on Spike's E3 coverage? Potential to get him on one of the GB night shows...?

It will never happen but GOD DAMN that would be amazing.

I don't see a high end guy like Tretton joining the drunken stupor that is giant bomb e3

Google

It's Danny. It has always been Danny.

I was thinking this - but it all seems a little too...obvious. I mean, he already works at the company, he's on a lot of the GB stuff - what sort of hiring process would they need? It would be an internal transfer that would take a quick coffee to sort out.

But seriously, as a Brit living abroad and loving the GB guys - Danny has become a favourite of mine very recently.

Zaph

I couldn't help myself, there's only one way Rorie's vending machine beef can end:
7UIOIFj.jpg

I was thinking this - but it all seems a little too...obvious. I mean, he already works at the company, he's on a lot of the GB stuff - what sort of hiring process would they need? It would be an internal transfer that would take a quick coffee to sort out.

But seriously, as a Brit living abroad and loving the GB guys - Danny has become a favourite of mine very recently.

I don't watch F1 but the Alt-F1 podcast is still great. And I hope Danny can get a soccer/footie podcast off the ground under the GB banner.

Google

I don't watch F1 but the Alt-F1 podcast is still great. And I hope Danny can get a soccer/footie podcast off the ground under the GB banner.

You know what it is, he's got a very different vibe that I think reminds me of home. Comparing that to the very diverse mix of east, central and west coast tendancies on the podcast it's a super nice change that I enjoy.

Have you ever worked for a large corporation?

You know what it is, he's got a very different vibe that I think reminds me of home. Comparing that to the very diverse mix of east, central and west coast tendancies on the podcast it's a super nice change that I enjoy.

He's been able to get me to read/watch content on Gamespot which I'm fairly certain hasn't happened since the 90s.

Yeah - multiple times. I've been transferred internationally with a billion dollar company - it was super fucking easy including all the additional monetary bonus' I got for moving.
It took me a month, talking to 6 people, and 25 emails to get reimbursed for a car rental once.

On a completely unrelated note, all of the JoJo talk a while back got me to watch and read JoJo's and holy shit the video game part in Part 3 turns into a Vinny/Jeff sports quick look at one point and I just died

Myggen

Jeff said on the pizza stream that the new editor would begin work in about a month. So unless they announce the new editor way before he/she starts work, we've potentially got a month of speculation ahead of us. Huzzah!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jeff said on the pizza stream that the new editor would begin work in about a month. So unless they announce the new editor way before he/she starts work, we've potentially got a month of speculation ahead of us. Huzzah!

Would be awesome if they just kept running with the speculation rather than just say who it is. Would get to the point where literally every single person who shows up for their E3 night shows is being speculated to be joining the site.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can someone please explain this beef Rorie has with soda machines?

komplanen

Can someone please explain this beef Rorie has with soda machines?

The soda machine on their floor was set to warm temperature to conserve energy (warm soda is shit) and the one in 2nd floor was not. Second floor is where people responsible for this are located, I assume.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The soda machine on their floor was set to warm temperature to conserve energy (warm soda is shit) and the one in 2nd floor was not. Second floor is where people responsible for this are located, I assume.

Warm soda out of a machine? What is this insanity? o_O

Bacon

Warm soda out of a machine? What is this insanity? o_O
Well in all honesty it's 46 degrees which isn't ideal but also isn't exactly "warm," it just isn't as cold as it used to be. Rorie has mentioned his aggravation over it on 3 or 4 livestreams in a row, he just won't let it go and it is a beautiful thing to witness.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best

Second floor is where the money people are. So of course THEY get the cold soda.

Oh, and Carrie really would be the perfect hire! She is hilarious, has a relationship with the crew already and also has editor experience. It almost makes too much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom