• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunzio

Maybe it's one of those embargoes where you can only post specific videos for it, and that's why gametrailers can use footage of it?

I remember nintendo being fond of doing that.

I honestly just think it's the case that GB just doesn't have anyone interested in it/too busy. A few other sites have had long-form coverage of the game for a week or two now

FStop7

Banned
I've never thought much of Rorie before but this soda tempurature thing that he is so fixated on has me endlessly entertained. I can't believe it's gone on this long and I can't believe how offended he is by it, too funny.

I can't tell if it's parody or not that he's taking first world problems to that level.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im sure others have said but fucking snatch Carrie up now that Mythic is finally done. Carrie in Giantbomb would make me resub in a heartbeat

Weirdly enough I was thinking the same thing, just with Paul Barnett. Though I guess people don't like him anymore.

Highly doubt that.

I think people still like Paul, I really don't think even he believed some of the stuff he said during the GDC show. Paul "Fucking" Barnett might spit hot fire about EA during the E3 podcast if he wants - although that could burn a few bridges.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think people still like Paul, I really don't think even he believed some of the stuff he said during the GDC show. Paul "Fucking" Barnett might spit hot fire about EA during the E3 podcast if he wants - although that could burn a few bridges.

Has to be a terrible position. He seems to smart too actually believe what he said but you can't really expect him to say anything else. EA is not really known for having a sense of humour about that. Anyway, that ups the list of people I'd like to see them hire to about 10 and the probability for that stays at 0.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Carrie has amazing chemistry with Jeff (and I dont even mean...you know what, lets not go there), shes probably the only person I would put above Danny to join

shes just a cool chick all around

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I also dislike Paul.

Carrie as the new senior editor would be the best thing.

Patryn

The timing certainly is.... interesting.

I'm not sure she'd leave development, but given that Jeff indicated that they pretty much had their person a month ago leads me to believe that the whole open application thing was just something they did to appease CBSi.

I also suspect that the Mythic staff saw this coming.

Basically I would not be shocked in the least if it's Carrie. But I also wouldn't be shocked if it isn't her.

Curufinwe

Carrie has amazing chemistry with Jeff (and I dont even mean...you know what, lets not go there)

tumblr_lud0qatOxr1qicmwao1_500.jpg

Patryn

KOOKY CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME: Reason they didn't announce the new hire if it was Carrie was that she was waiting for the shutdown and likely severance package instead of just quitting.

RE_Player

I wonder if they'll get Paul Barnett on at E3 since Mythic just shut down. Last time he was on he was being railed for making and defending the business model in Dungeon Keeper.

IaN_GAF

Hey duders, I am not too familiar with this Carrie lady? Has she ever been on any Giant Bomb stream/video? I apologise if this is a very silly question, but I've seen her mentioned multiple time without ever finding out what her connection to GB is?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Paul Barnett was been professional...

Like this...
Dont hate him for that!

New Feature Idea: How Barnett got his groove back.

Yeah. I get why people don't like what he said, but anybody actually expecting him to say that the game was shit doesn't understand how jobs work. People are getting fired over remarks on Twitter nowadays. Also it would have been unfair to the team making this and just saying "Oh, EA foreced us to do that cause they are evil", which is what people wanted to hear I guess, would come at a steep price. Burning bridges indeed.

Brashnir

Hey duders, I am not too familiar with this Carrie lady? Has she ever been on any Giant Bomb stream/video? I apologise if this is a very silly question, but I've seen her mentioned multiple time without ever finding out what her connection to GB is?

She has been on a few live shows. She worked with all the guys back at Gamespot.

Patryn

She worked at Gamespot at the same time as the rest of the guys did.

Yeah. I get why people don't like what he said, but anybody actually expecting him to say that the game was shit doesn't understand how jobs work. People are getting fired over remarks on Twitter nowadays. Also it would have been unfair to the team making this and just saying "Oh, EA foreced us to do that cause they are evil", which is what people wanted to hear I guess, would come at a steep price. Burning bridges indeed.

He compared the rise of F2P games to the advent of the television. It was like i was listening to a stoned roommate from my college days.

Her connection is to Gamespot, She worked there when Jeff, Actual Greg, Ryan, Vinny, Brad (and others than moved on) worked at Gamespot. She was part of the much loved output from that site created before stuff fell apart in 2008ish

sixghost

Has to be a terrible position. He seems to smart too actually believe what he said but you can't really expect him to say anything else. EA is not really known for having a sense of humour about that. Anyway, that ups the list of people I'd like to see them hire to about 10 and the probability for that stays at 0.

If you thought you might be put in a situation where you would need to compromise your integrity in order to avoid getting in trouble with your employers you could not go on a live show where you would be expected to talk about your recently released game. Or at the very least you could not be so pretentious and not pretend like your awful mobile game was blazing the trail to the future of video games like he did.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Maybe if he put his feet on the floor, rather than on the couch, I'd dislike him a bit less. But then you still have those awfully long sermons he loves to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom