• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwy_61

Banned
You know, I felt bad for Vinny during the pizza stream. He could have totally eaten more pizza, but I don't think he felt comfortable. I know when I'm home, I turn into a fuckin savage with the pizza. If I'm around company, I get a little uncomfortable. I hold back a lot, usually have to stop at a Wendy's or something on the way home.

Stimpack

You know, I felt bad for Vinny during the pizza stream. He could have totally eaten more pizza, but I don't think he felt comfortable. I know when I'm home, I turn into a fuckin savage with the pizza. If I'm around company, I get a little uncomfortable. I hold back a lot, usually have to stop at a Wendy's or something on the way home.

Fuck that, Wendy's doesn't use potato bread anymore.

All I know of Greg Miller is the hilariously juvenile Dead Space 2 review he wrote. Suppose giantbomb isn't a site particularly heavy on writing though. Wish they'd get someone who had a more diverse pallet. For example played crpgs or actually enjoys Monster Hunter rather than just giving it a 10 minute glance.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All I know of Greg Miller is the hilariously juvenile Dead Space 2 review he wrote. Suppose giantbomb isn't a site particularly heavy on writing though. Wish they'd get someone who had a more diverse pallet. For example played crpgs or actually enjoys Monster Hunter rather than just giving it a 10 minute glance.

Weirdly enough they do, it's just that they left the main office.

DoctorZ

Never was a fan of Greg Miller's on screen stuff. He always seemed very...fake. The last thing I watched of his was the MLB 14: The Show stream with Pence and Puig. Man that was hard to watch.

Oddly enough though I recognized his twitter handle from my PSN friend list.

RE_Player

I like Greg a lot but no way he is leaving IGN. Also yeah I remember that Dead Space 2 IGN review. Go read it and listen to one of the bombcasts near Dead Space 2's release and Brad pokes fun at it with his lead up to his own impressions of the game.

GavinGT

Banned
Never was a fan of Greg Miller's on screen stuff. He always seemed very...fake. The last thing I watched of his was the MLB 14: The Show stream with Pence and Puig. Man that was hard to watch.

That part during the PAX Wrestlemania stream where he body slammed John Drake's body pillow seemed pretty real. At least it was real to me, dammit!

ST2K

Miller's a good dude. The genuine energy and enthusiasm he can bring would be a wonderful counterweight to Brad and Jeff.

However, there's no way he leaves. His life is IGN.

Greg Miller, Clone Vinny, Jeff Green, Danny o'Dwyer, Renee Young, and Carrie Gouskos is a pretty good shortlist.

I wish them all the best in their final interviews

caleb1915

I'm the opposite, 3 or 4 slices and I'm out. I dunno what it is about pizza that fills me up so fast, but at that point if I eat anymore I get a bit nauseous.

I would say I'm Vinny's size, maybe a bit slimmer due to me being around 7 or 8 inches taller since I'm 6'6".

Well that's my personal experience with pizza anyways :p

Greg Miller, Clone Vinny, Jeff Green, Danny o'Dwyer, Renee Young, and Carrie Gouskos is a pretty good shortlist.

I wish them all the best in their final interviews

tumblr_n6d5dzFQUu1rofocqo1_500.gif

Myggen

For the health of this thread, I hope Jeff announces the new editor sooner rather than later.

But it's understandable that he has to wait a couple of weeks since it's Carrie and Mythic was closed down yesterday.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I said it and I stand for it: I really want to see a video with Jeff and PieDiePie. What would happen? It'd be the event of the century

I think the majority of the users liked/like him... there was a huge thread for him when his father passed away, and I remember Ryan noting that response as showing that Patrick had been accepted by the community on the Bombcast when Patrick came back for the first time after his time off.

I think the big difference between Patrick and the rest of the crew is more the tone/delivery of what he is saying, that's where the SJW crap comes in. People not liking the way some games journalists say things, sometimes it feels like they are trying to be the internet's parents or something, "here is what I think and if you disagree it just proves you're not as evolved as a human being as I am" instead of just saying "here is what I think"

that may all be wrong, I personally dont have an issue with Patrick. I dont always agree with him, but I was a fan of his from G4 so when they hired him I was excited, and I still think its been a positive addition having him around.

Patrick has gotten a lot better since he first came on board. Back then he had a tendency to go on irritating monologues or endlessly spout trivia. But he's done a good job adjusting since then, and fitting in with this type of group isn't something that would come naturally to most people. Whomever they hire will have to go through an adjustment period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom