• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how they always cut away when they're loading new roms, as if they're hiding something.

For some reason, Jeff and Vinny don't like to make it super-obvious during streams that they are using emulators.

It was kind of funny how uncomfortable they got during Vinnyvania when Brad kept bringing up emulator-related things.

Zaph

I'm not surprised they keep it discrete. All it takes is one now-defunct software/hardware company who's nothing but a shell of IP rights to pick CBSi as a juicy entity to go after.

Almost zero chance of that happening, but why open yourself up to the liability?

jett

D-Member
C64 nostalgia goggles are almost as bad as NES nostalgia goggles. Just not quite as overplayed by the American gaming press.

I think anyone that owned a C64 back then would readily acknowledge that most games either played like ass or were absolutely indecipherable messes.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Speaking of emulated Castlevania, I really liked what I saw of that "Redacted" version, maybe I should finally try to play that.

Bleh. The fact some people in Europe have nostalgia in this series is insane to me. It's like an Asylum or Gameloft ripoff, released to an audience that didn't know any better.

Lijik

I always heard Giana Sisters was just Mario for Europe, because the NES wasn't popular, but holy shit, that's is just blatant.

the level designs start to be their own thing after the first few, but the rips were so blatant that Nintendo sought out legal action and they had to turn the sequel into a game about robots on mars called Hard N Heavy

jett

D-Member
Bleh. The fact some people in Europe have nostalgia in this series is insane to me. It's like an Asylum or Gameloft ripoff, released to an audience that didn't know any better.

It may be a ripoff, but it plays well regardless, and only the first couple of levels are the same, the rest are different. And the music is great.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Alexis has the ultimate 5-o'clock shadow all the time.

mattiewheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom