• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
And Danny to gb? That would be a good move lol

m7sgd.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Did Carrie leave Gamespot before Jeff lost his job? Because I could see her being one of the original GBers, I know she went into development though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
She did leave before jeff yes...
Interesting. Going from press to development seems to be a one-way street, has there ever been a notable case of someone coming back?

Alfredo

If Dan really is the new dude, maybe he can convince the rest of the crew to do another...*gasp* Endurance Run...since he seemed to love doing Super Replays.

sixghost

I've tried King's Field 1 and Shadow Tower and it's odd how much of the stuff from the Souls titles is there. Dark, Curse, weird occult faith stuff. Animals that talk like normal humans.
Weird punishing gameplay design decisions.

The funniest part is the ridiculous slow speed. Tilting your head up or down takes YEARS.

I played Shadow Tower after enjoying Dark Souls, but you really, really need to go into those games with the right expectations. It's awesome to see the games FROM made that eventually led to the souls games, but the controls are ridiculous and if you thought the souls games were intentionally vague with information on the systems, Shadow Tower is 100x worse. There were something like 20 different stats to level up, all of which were shortened to three letters in name. I didn't have the manual and found almost zero information about the game online, so I was basically guessing what the stats did. Also, it doesn't help that it's really easy to get lost or have your progress halted because you forgot to pick up some item 10 hours back.

I enjoyed it but man those games are a product of their time.

Well he is Heading to San Francisco.

EeJlgvy.png

new page

Oh, I see what's going on. Ryckert is just a smokescreen for the real new hire: Ric Flair. Not only that, but the scoring system's gonna change:

1-star -> Stomp, strut, and Elbow-drop the game's disc/Case/USB Drive
2-star -> Shouting a random rant
3-star ->
OQgJEC3.gif

4-star -> Strip down to boxers, followed by random rant ending in "Woo!"(s)
5-star -> All of the above

mattiewheels

I forsee content with Dan's dad and Vinny's dad. I'd subscribe.

Mully

Ignoring all of the hiring speculation, do you think Ryckert will be at E3, even though we won't be representing anyone? I can't see a vet like Ryckert skipping out on E3.

He said this is the first e3 in years he's missing. So, no.

That's what he wants you to think. Then Jeff is walking through a parking lot at the LA Convention Center and gets hit by a car and when you freeze frame the video you can make out Dan Ryckert behind the wheel.

Zaph

That's what he wants you to think. Then Jeff is walking through a parking lot at the LA Convention Center and gets hit by a car and when you freeze frame the video you can make out Dan Ryckert behind the wheel.
If there's one thing better than Dan joining GB, it's them cutting a promo for when Dan joins GB.

Just watched the Watch Dogs Quick Look. It's too bad Jeff didn't understand the Invasion mechanic, and wrote it off as a "waste of time." It's probably the best part of the game.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Dan just tweeted this
At the lake and playing Smash Bros. on 64 with people who have never played. Donkey Kong suicide drag to hell over and over.
You know who hates Smash Bros and therefore has probably little to no experience with it? Jeff.

The plot thickens.

Just watched the Watch Dogs Quick Look. It's too bad Jeff didn't understand the Invasion mechanic, and wrote it off as a "waste of time." It's probably the best part of the game.

It WAS a waste of time in the QL. Dude just drove him over, than realised that that's not what he was supposed to do and drove away. And that's happening to me almost constantly.

Oh man reasons like this are why this speculative talk about Dan joining have got me hyped. Like everyone says, I loved the guy for years and he seems like the perfect fit.

Plus he'd not only be amazing with Jeff on Wrestling quick looks, but he knows just enough about sports to be inducted into the Giant Bomb Sports Club subbing in for Vinny.

Also part of me wants to see what a Dan/Brad quick look would be like since they're pretty much as opposite in personality as is possible to be. Love if he ends up treating Brad like Phil.

It WAS a waste of time in the QL. Dude just drove him over, than realised that that's not what he was supposed to do and drove away. And that's happening to me almost constantly.

It was only a waste of time because Jeff didn't understand how the mode works. He had ample opportunity to kill the guy, instead he let the hacker run him over.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It was only a waste of time because Jeff didn't understand how the mode works. He had ample opportunity to kill the guy, instead he let the hacker run him over.

I just looked it up again, and that's really not what happened. The invader immediately tried to ran Jeff over, missed once and then hit him. Jeff tried to kill the guy but missed cause he ran him over. Then the guy just drove away. The invader guy just had no idea what he was doing.

I just looked it up again, and that's really not what happened. The invader immediately tried to ran Jeff over, missed once and then hit him. Jeff tried to kill the guy but missed cause he ran him over. Then the guy just drove away. The invader guy just had no idea what he was doing.

I don't know how you are seeing something completely different, because Jeff stands there as the invader runs into a wall, backs up, runs into the wall again, backs up, then Jeff draws his gun and it's too late at that point to get a good shot. Then he runs away from the fast sports car (yellow) and gets into the little one.

Yeah, the invader didn't know what they were doing, which is why killing him could have been easy. I probably would have done the same thing if I didn't know how the mode works, but I just hope he didn't write off the whole mechanic because of that experience in the Quick Look. In the review he mentions it briefly, but he calls it a "bad implementation of a decent idea," which I don't think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom