• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ned_ryerson_128668762.gif

Is that Stu from Californication ? lol

I wonder if Dan will replace Drew on the podcast. Drew just doesn't bring enough video games to the table for me.

Video game news on the Bombcast? I kinda like how they're always laid back and talk about what they want. Their lives are more interesting than games anyway. Haha.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Maybe they're hiring two new people?

Zaph

Just watched Danny's latest The Point. It's really good, he nails some of the issues with Watch Dogs and what it means to be an open world game. Ubisoft has become so formulaic that they may as well go back to being level based.

He doesn't go into MMO's but it's definitely something that can be echoed there. Vanilla WoW really nailed that feeling of exploration in a way that's been lost in modern MMO's thanks to quest markers and map waypoints encouraging the race to end game.

Also, with the new producer hire, I wonder if we'll start seeing more scripted/produced videos out of GB. Unscripted long form has always been the GB way, but I miss the random 5-10 minute videos they used to put out.

i heard jeff gerstmann just got fired

rumor has it it's over a game review

i wonder what will happen with gamespot now

maybe he'll start a new site

Jokab

Maybe they're hiring two new people?

Well they are, but one is an associate producer, having Drew as the boss. I assume the new guy will be doing what Drew used to do when the others produced the podcast, such as organizing videos and cutting/whatever. I doubt Drew is quitting the podcast.

Well they are, but one is an associate producer, having Drew as the boss. I assume the new guy will be doing what Drew used to do when the others produced the podcast, such as organizing videos and cutting/whatever. I doubt Drew is quitting the podcast.

Yeah the new guy will be what intern drew used to be

Lijik

i heard jeff gerstmann just got fired

rumor has it it's over a game review

i wonder what will happen with gamespot now

maybe he'll start a new site

eh, i don't really care about Jeff to be honest, dude is too jaded. Did you hear he gave Twilight Princess an 8.8?
Probably was fired because he hates video games

Mr. F

Banned
Drew has interesting stuff to say when he decides to say it. Half the time I forget he's even present, may as well be on a Shoemaker Restroom Break™

Myggen

HAHAHAHAHA. First time I've seen this. I guess his pre-GB days garnered a lot of hate.

When Gerstmanngate happened, I remember a lot of people on here and on other forums pretty much cheering because they hated his taste in games so much.

edit: I don't understand how anyone can bitch about him giving THPS3 a 10/10. That game is a fucking classic.

edit2: Jeff also said that he would've given Majora's Mask a lower score if it wasn't for the "objective" scoring GS tried in those days. Think about people's reaction to that!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
When Gerstmanngate happened, I remember a lot of People on here and on other forums pretty much cheering because they hated his taste in games so much.

edit: I don't understand how anyone can bitch about him giving THPS3 a 10/10. That game is a fucking classic.

THPS3 deserves that 10/10, those people were straight up dumb. #JG4EVAH

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wonder if Dan will replace Drew on the podcast. Drew just doesn't bring enough video games to the table for me.

Why would he replace him? They are three people at the moment, if Dan (or whoever) joins, they'd be four again. Three people is not a lot for the bombcast.

Mully

That thread is like that random night you look back at your Myspace profile ten years later and realize how much of an idiot you were.

Zoggy

Really fuck this fat fuck! His Toe Jam and Earl III review really gets my goat, to the point that if I ever met the punk, I'd hurt him real bad. The way he went about attacking the game's coolness in a very suspect way (involves race and culture) was just foul, especially when he wouldn't know what's cool if it fucked him in the ass
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3050281&postcount=53

hahahaha this is really great considering the recent UPF, i hope we could show him that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom