• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3) Knife or bat?

Team Knife.

Outside of lucky first hit that instantly takes the other guy out which I think can happen with both I think the Knife has the advantage of better DPS and better at super close range.

If you miss that first big swing with the bat you are going to get fuuuuuucked up.

Lunzio

Dan will definitely be refreshing for the sake of being new, but I also agree that he is more of the same. I do think this could be a good thing though! Obviously only time will tell how he fits in, but I do have to say that his attempt at playing League of Legends was... a bit thick-headed.

That being said, his avid stance that MOBAs don't involve any strategy is perfect discussion for him and Brad.

Xater

Dan will definitely be refreshing for the sake of being new, but I also agree that he is more of the same. I do think this could be a good thing though! Obviously only time will tell how he fits in, but I do have to say that his attempt at playing League of Legends was... a bit thick-headed.

That being said, his avid stance that MOBAs don't involve any strategy is perfect discussion for him and Brad.

I smell a great feature idea.

I hope Danny gets a seat on this year's E3 bombcast. Dan as well!

Due to moving Dan said he will not make E3 this year so don#t count on him.

demidar

I'll never understand why Capcom drives SF into the ground with multiple re-releases.

I am hyped for MK X, as it stayed away for a while and is coming back, but I do not think I would muster a cheer if there was a sudden SF V surprise at E3.

Non-handheld Capcom is plagued with poor management and business sense.

Curufinwe

SF games have sold more than 8 million copies this past generation. It's been a big success for Capcom, and the frequent releases keep it going strong in the tournament community where MK is pretty much a joke.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

2009/2 Street Fighter IV PS3,Xbox 360,DL 3.3 million
2010/4 Super Street Fighter IV PS3,Xbox 360,DL 1.9 million
2012/3 Street Fighter X Tekken PS3,Xbox 360,DL 1.7 million
2011/2 Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition 3DS,DL 1.1 million

Volotaire

Isn't Danny running the GS livestream stuff from the floor? I'll be surprised if he has the time/energy to do one of the late night GB streams as well (but let's hope, at least!).

Yeh he's hosting this year. I might actually tune in to some of the interviews.

Myomoto

It always amuses me how much they jump whenever they play SF4.

It's the calling card of the inexperience player. Jumping seems like a great idea, it let's you do an additional attack you otherwise couldn't, and if you're playing against an opponent who can't consistently punish you for taking the gigantic risk that jumping at a standing opponent is, why not just do it?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I hope. It's a fun game, I'd imagine that they'll like it even if they're too old for couch coop

It's no really co-op when you're facing off against each other, and competitive couch games seem to be what they're into for awhile now with nidhogg, gang beasts and sportfriends.

Never change, Matt Rorie, never change
S6yMtk0.png

I don't even have a negative Alex stereotype to use for what terrible thing Alex would do to ruin those Quick Looks, but let's just imagine I brought one out here and it made Alex come across as an awful person.

"Wow, this is some great anime. Where are the tentacles and catgirls? Anime right? Japan, that's a weird thing."

Once a GB @ E3 thread is created (like, the day before when they actually have some kind of plans out there), then this thread can be temporarily locked (or idk, someone can just jump the gun and make a new thread after E3 if we're that close to 200 pages by the time E3 is starting).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom