• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making predictions for the Mario Kart 8 Quick Look:
- At some point, someone will say "Yep, this looks like Mario Kart."
- At some point, someone will talk about how your first Mario Kart is your favorite Mario Kart
- No one but Alex will care about Mario Kart 8

chogidogs

I just got to the part where Dan lost his mind in rage getting trolled on Tail of the Sun. He and Ryan or Vinny would have been perfect!!

Never change, Matt Rorie, never change

This is also another reason why I think Rorie isnt a good on screen personality. Hes made jabs about OSX and IOS on streams before. What is he 12? Does he feel like his personality is connected to windows, so therefore, he has to bash IOS and OSX? Thats what it looks like everytime he brings it up. It shouldnt matter what someone else uses, and hes the only one to ever bring it up

Lijik

- At some point, someone will talk about how your first Mario Kart is your favorite Mario Kart

im 50/50 on jeff expressing his distaste for the entire mario cast in the character select screen like in mario golf

daydream

Banned
This is also another reason why I think Rorie isnt a good on screen personality. Hes made jabs about OSX and IOS on streams before. What is he 12? Does he feel like his personality is connected to windows, so therefore, he has to bash IOS and OSX? Thats what it looks like everytime he brings it up. It shouldnt matter what someone else uses, and hes the only one to ever bring it up

He's in good company, then, since the others take stabs at Android all the time when it comes up. And he's usually not the one to bring it up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Like how the others takes stabs at windows phone and android whenever it's brought up?

Oh now I'm starting to realize where all these Rorie haters are coming from.

Holy crap, lighten up?

- Under 30 minutes
- Yoshi hate from Jeff
- Baby character hate from Jeff
- Koopa Kid hate from Jeff
- No online gameplay, as they forgot to set up Wi-Fi on Wii U

RE_Player

- Under 30 minutes
- Yoshi hate from Jeff
There will be baby character hate from everyone don't you worry. I also expect for them to not have any of the characters or tracks unlocking as Alex is the only one on staff who has played the game. I doubt he's bringing his Wii U.

TylerD

- Under 30 minutes
- Yoshi hate from Jeff

I want it all. Alex saying that it is some Mario Kart-ass-Mario Kart would be acceptable as well.

daydream

Banned
- Under 30 minutes
- Yoshi hate from Jeff

- New battle mode considered "a bummer" (I claim bonus points if Jeff says something like "it's like old MK with half of the game ruined")
- 50cc "kinda slow and boring"

- Under 30 minutes
- Yoshi hate from Jeff

-Nobody knows whether [feature] is new to MK8 or is from a past game
-Attempt at recapping past games and their features is incredibly inaccurate and misremembered
-Complaint about a modern feature in the game not existing, when it does
-Jeff or Brad relates some incredibly esoteric Mario Kart experience or opinion from 15 years ago, assumes it still holds true and is universal today

Zaph

- Brad is reading this thread right now and is super pissed and/or rolling his eyes
- 80% of the predictions come true anyway

- Gets agitated at the amount of strings in a banana
- Complains about his coffee cup
- Takes frustration out on the next GAFer who slights him.

- Luigi hate
- Someone asks if this will save the WiiU
- Criticism of what the game's lineup of classic tracks
- Longshot: No multiplayer, local or online, is shown.

Like how the others takes stabs at windows phone and android whenever it's brought up?

He's in good company, then, since the others take stabs at Android all the time when it comes up. And he's usually not the one to bring it up.

Maybe Im wrong then. Im pretty sure that I have heard Jeff say something to the effect that phone tech is so boring now, that anything could do anything you want now. Meaning they all have very core apps that almost everyone wants, and they have decent cameras

Maybe Im wrong then. Im pretty sure that I have heard Jeff say something to the effect that phone tech is so boring now, that anything could do anything you want now. Meaning they all have very core apps that almost everyone wants, and they have decent cameras

That doesn't conflict with what they're saying in any way.

Rapstah

-Attempt at recapping past games and their features is incredibly inaccurate and misremembered
-Jeff or Brad relates some incredibly esoteric Mario Kart experience or opinion from 15 years ago, assumes it still holds true and is universal today

This is every game.

You forgot "Huh...weird."

Did this thread just realize they don't really like Giant Bomb now?

I kinda did........ :(

New Patrick blog guys, whatdidjathinkyall??? I think Patrick needs to edit his writing down more, maybe this was just kind of a filler article but I thought it was pretty pointless...

Sorry I'm so negative again

Zaph

New Patrick blog guys, whatdidjathinkyall??? I think Patrick needs to edit his writing down more, maybe this was just kind of a filler article but I thought it was pretty pointless...

Is it the one he said he would write about... taking a vacation? I was hoping he wasn't serious.

-Specifically, Jeff mentions how Mario Kart 64 was objectively a huge disappointment to everyone
-leads into further explanation of how N64 games were awful except for OoT and Mario 64
-Bonus Points: "The Genesis had better sound hardware than the 'sness'."

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
He's just the counterweight to the others all being heavily invested in Apple products (and shitting on Android all the time). I actually find it pretty refreshing and funny, it's nothing serious.

yeah I've been noticing that more and more about his articles, he's good but he needs to run them by someone first or something (if he doesn't already).

Kerned

Banned
He's just the counterweight to the others all being heavily invested in Apple products (and shitting on Android all the time). I actually find it pretty refreshing and funny.

Hopefully Dan is a Mac user who thinks iOS is garbage. Then my views will finally be represented.

You sound salty as fuck. Rorie is no different to the rest of the crew. They all take jabs at stuff.

Did this thread just realize they don't really like Giant Bomb now?

I kinda did........ :(

Fuck thing company

SAVE_US.DAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom