• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

I'm debating whether to watch Giant Bomb's stream of the Sony conference (I love the guys' reactions to things) or watching the official stream (so I can hear everything without commentary) and then watching the GB stream right after it. What are your plans for E3 viewing?

Why would you purposefully put yourself through that TWICE?!

ArjanN

woah a giant bomb member who makes snap judgments about anime and japanese games unless they're super weird enough to like "ironically"? sounds like the crew is really moving out of its comfort zone and broadening its horizons

I think the thing is they need less of that already, not more. Patrick is pretty much the only one there regularly trying something outside his comfort zone.

Thorgi

Giant Bomb is at its best when differing opinions clash; some of the more interesting conversations happened because Patrick brought something different to the table on the Bombcast. I like Dan, but I think it would be helpful if they also got someone with a perspective currently unmet by the crew. Different walks of life would lead to even better discussions.

Buzzman

Banned
I know in the past i always had a muted live feed next to their commentary which was a couple seconds ahead, that way I could easily turn it up if I saw something interesting.

Xater

Giant Bomb is at its best when differing opinions clash; some of the more interesting conversations happened because Patrick brought something different to the table on the Bombcast. I like Dan, but I think it would be helpful if they also got someone with a perspective currently unmet by the crew. Different walks of life would lead to even better discussions.

Don't worry he gas his own mind. Lots of people will not appreciate his thoughts on the Telltale games.

If there's any moment Giant Bomb has been close to breaking up it's when Brad thought PvZ: Garden Warfare was more interesting than Titanfall.

Makes sense, but Jeff would have to get things straight with his current absentee roomie who from what I gather from Jar Time spends 99% of the time not there, but still pays for the room.

The idiotic mess that San Francisco is right now kinda makes me worried about how easy it will be for GB West to expand. Getting staffers from out of area is going to be a utter nightmare.

Maybe they'll all just buy a house together and it will be fun for everybody until patrick sets off a rocket in the living room

There's still people bringing that up when they try to "prove" that Brad and Jeff dislike eachother.

ya you should've heard them in the car together on mixlr last night the tension was so thick like a fight was gunna break out any minute for sure

Saw the Murdered: Soul Suspect Quick Look in Upcoming, and was sure it was a QL EX (Preview). I keep forgetting this game is actually coming out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wish Jeff would do another Bombastica. Discovered so many cool games through some of his videos like Last Ninja(not a bombastica), Bruce Lee, Zillion, and Bimini Run.

I kinda think Murdered will be one of those random games Jeff will really like.

Also, I hope they bring on Danny for the Quick Look, and he rambles about famous Irish Ronans - Ronan O'Gara for example

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wish Jeff would do another Bombastica. Discovered so many cool games through some of his videos like Last Ninja(not a bombastica), Bruce Lee, Zillion, and Bimini Run.

The "Jeff plays C64" video is basically a really long bombastica.

Balloon ghost is pretty dope.

GolazoDan

I kinda think Murdered will be one of those random games Jeff will really like.

Also, I hope they bring on Danny for the Quick Look, and he rambles about famous Irish Ronans - Ronan O'Gara for example
You play as the one and only Ronan Keating in Murdered: Soul Suspect, spoiler alert.

Myggen

IIRC, Ryan was always quite pro corporate, so the grow up comment was meant as a 'business is business, get used to it' kind of thing.

That was a common complaint about Ryan, yeah. I'm not sure how accurate it was, but it always came up on here and on GB when he "defended" a corporation.

At least it seems, as reviews note, to avoid the Heavy Rain mistake of illogical culprit.

That's good at least. Of all the dumb things about Heavy Rain, how they treated that aspect of the game was so fucking contrived, illogical and stupid.

That's why they should have hired me

They'd have their own in house dynasty warriors/SPORTS GAME veteran

Cranzor

How long can Jeff resist against the Brad DOTA takeover?

[Exeunt all except BRAD.

Yea, from the table of my memory,
I'll wipe away all trivial fond games,
All saws of games, all forms, all pressures past
That youth and observation copied there;
And Dota all alone shall live
Within the book and volume of my brain,
Unmix'd with baser games: yes, by heaven!
O most pernicious Jeff!
O villain, villain, smiling, damned Vinny!
My PC,-meet it is I set it down,
That one may smile, smile, and be a villain;
At least I'm sure it may be so in New York: [Typing.
So, Jeff, there you are. Now to my word;
It is 'Adieu, adieu! remember me.'
I have sworn't.

Haunted

There are only two things I need to know about Dan Ryckert:

1) Does he play Dota 2?

2) What's his stance on Yoshi's Island?

Jintor

[Exeunt all except BRAD.

Yea, from the table of my memory,
I'll wipe away all trivial fond games,
All saws of games, all forms, all pressures past
That youth and observation copied there;
And Dota all alone shall live
Within the book and volume of my brain,
Unmix'd with baser games: yes, by heaven!
O most pernicious Jeff!
O villain, villain, smiling, damned Vinny!
My PC,-meet it is I set it down,
That one may smile, smile, and be a villain;
At least I'm sure it may be so in New York: [Typing.
So, Jeff, there you are. Now to my word;
It is 'Adieu, adieu! remember me.'
I have sworn't.

I would watch a Giant Bomb stage play in iambic pentameter

I'll never understand why Capcom drives SF into the ground with multiple re-releases.

I am hyped for MK X, as it stayed away for a while and is coming back, but I do not think I would muster a cheer if there was a sudden SF V surprise at E3.

I'll never understand why Capcom drives SF into the ground with multiple re-releases.

I am hyped for MK X, as it stayed away for a while and is coming back, but I do not think I would muster a cheer if there was a sudden SF V surprise at E3.

because when the only other thing you have going is monster hunter you get a bit hungry for additional revenue streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom