• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you lose a bet? I seem to remember seeing someone say they'd rock a Big Bang Theory avatar for some period of time if... something happened. What was it? I don't remember the details, but I remember thinking you'd lose.

I said Carrie would be the new editor, and said I would have a BBT avtar if she was not. Dan is obviously the new editor, so I just gave up early.

I do not think anyone even agreed, or reference me post that, but I dont care anyway.

I have a slight urge to now watch the show - and hate myself.

Spaghetti

wow the predictions of what the mk8 quick look is going to be like really reminded me of why i don't actually go to giant bomb for video games any more.

so is Jeff hosting the nightly shows this year? Vinny maybe?

Jeff did the GDC thing, so it is likely him - even though his free for all attitude is not always ideal for hosting.

Also, even though it is a downer to say it, it is times like this that GB watchers will really miss Ryan. Really smart host, as he got everyone talking without being the center of conversation himself.

Morts

Giant Bombcasts are the best parts of E3. I hope they get the audio versions up in a timely manner to help me survive being stuck at work.

graboids

Jeff did the GDC thing, so it is likely him - even though his free for all attitude is not always ideal for hosting.

Also, even though it is a downer to say it, it is times like this that GB watchers will really miss Ryan. Really smart host, as he got everyone talking without being the center of conversation himself.

yeah, I recently re-listened to all the 2013 E3 bombcasts... its going to be weird with out him :(

I think Jeff will do okay, he handled drunk Lang at GDC pretty well... I hope they have a Day -1 show like they used to on Sunday night.

There's still a bombcast today, right ?

Also, why are they waiting until after E3 to officially present their new editor ? We know it's Dan and I want him on the bombcast tonight, as well as in the E3 coverage next week.

Jb

Also, why are they waiting until after E3 to officially present their new editor ? We know it's Dan and I want him on the bombcast tonight, as well as in the E3 coverage next week.

Dan said on twitter he wouldn't be at E3 this year iirc.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I said Carrie would be the new editor, and said I would have a BBT avtar if she was not. Dan is obviously the new editor, so I just gave up early.

I do not think anyone even agreed, or reference me post that, but I dont care anyway.

I have a slight urge to now watch the show - and hate myself.

Oh I agreed. Silently. Had you not changed it, I would be calling you out in front of everyone in this thread. I'd have been all "hey, look at that guy not keeping his promise! what a dirtbag!"

Don't watch tbbt it's shite :(

Megasoum

Banned

Dan is moving accross the country.. Even if they announced it today he still wouldn't be on the bombcast for a couple of weeks.

Myggen

Dan is taking a month-long vacation, so won't be at E3. Likely he needs some time finding a place to live in SF etc.

edit: Wedensday will be Garnett, Jeff Canata, McElreoy, Keighley and ?. Also, the host will obviously be Jeff.

edit2: IT'S A GHOOOOOOOOOOOST...boiler.

"one of my favourite games of all time"

Pack it up, fun's over

It's the calling card of the inexperience player. Jumping seems like a great idea, it let's you do an additional attack you otherwise couldn't, and if you're playing against an opponent who can't consistently punish you for taking the gigantic risk that jumping at a standing opponent is, why not just do it?

Plus it makes up a lot of ground between you and the opponent

- Under 30 minutes
- Yoshi hate from Jeff
- Baby character hate from Jeff
- Koopa Kid hate from Jeff
- No online gameplay, as they forgot to set up Wi-Fi on Wii U

Other from the last one this sounds legit

GolazoDan

Can't believe Vinny retained the rights to the Bombcast IP and is moving the franchise out east.

The Arrow Pointing Down podcast reboot just isn't the same.

Phatmac

-Nobody knows whether [feature] is new to MK8 or is from a past game
-Attempt at recapping past games and their features is incredibly inaccurate and misremembered
-Complaint about a modern feature in the game not existing, when it does
-Jeff or Brad relates some incredibly esoteric Mario Kart experience or opinion from 15 years ago, assumes it still holds true and is universal today
This will all happen.

Curufinwe

Garnett and Jeff Canata are going to be on one of the E3 Bombcast (next Wednesday). First confirmed guests?

Sauce.

They are going to fight with broken pool cues to see who gets to join Giant Bomb.
51OmlGK7XuM.jpg

Ryckert shmyckert.

ArjanN

This USF4 quicklook is really good because I ran out of ambien and thought I would have trouble sleeping.

Nah, let's not look at a move-list let's just jump back and forth while playing as Ken and Ryu :p

I think it's a little odd they're wondering what Capcom will do next considering they barely played SF4. Even with a new fighting game all the people that are good at fighting games will be really good again in a week. If you're going to jump in you might as well do it with Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom