• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Drew's 'WHAT" after Jeff's declaration that sonic boom is shit was funny
Drew was on fire this episode, or at least some other substance. He was making me laugh many times.

Zaph

I think Jeff just confirmed on mixlr that there'll be video archives of the E3 night shows as well as podcasts.

But the audio cut in at the end of his sentence, so I could be wrong.

komplanen

Max is taking his place. Farting, giggling, wailing, and burping will be a common occurrence on the Bombcast. Vinny will be heard in the background screaming at his kid to shut up.

And Brad would still be the sleepiest of the bunch. And worst gamer.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ok so Jeff mentioned last week about possibly splitting the podcast into 2 and he specifically said 'one half not about games and a news podcast'. Does he really think they should do a random discussion podcast, or did i misunderstand him?

Zabant

I think it's hilarious that Alex gave drew shit for remembering the governments name in Sonic Adventure but himself can recall the results of a bad wrestling match from a 1997 episode of RAW.

Mully

Ok so Jeff mentioned last week about possibly splitting the podcast into 2 and he specifically said 'one half not about games and a news podcast'. Does he really think they should do a random discussion podcast, or did i misunderstand him?

I think he has recognized the format has gone stale. He's thinking about, "fucking it up," to see if things get better.

Jeff Gerstman's gravely hmms would make for a perfect Metal Gear Solid.

As well as his conversations on just about any topic ranging from proper tacos to burger toppings to exciting first person shooters. I hope he's considered as the voice of the next Metal Gear protagonist because he fucking nails it.

Seriously, that hmmnnrmm is legendary.

Do harmonix have anything coming other then Amplitude?

Just thinking this might be the first E3 in a while we dont get a pointless John Drake video interview.

I am sure he will still pop up on the podcasts but I think the token harmonix showfloor video interview has become a GB E3 staple and it will be weird if they dont have one

Do harmonix have anything coming other then Amplitude?

Just thinking this might be the first E3 in a while we dont get a pointless John Drake video interview.

I am sure he will still pop up on the podcasts but I think the token harmonix showfloor video interview has become a GB E3 staple and it will be weird if they dont have one

Fantasia is still coming even if Microsoft cut them off at the knees.

Renpatsu

On the Hotspot they were taking reader suggestions for actors to portray Snake in the rumoured MGS movie back in 2007. The one that stuck out to me was someone suggesting Keifer Sutherland (and then the group subsequently joking about Hayter dubbing over whoever takes the role).

Also Jeff's video game 'unicorn' was... "Maybe Panzer Dragoon Saga...?"

Also: Also starting beef with Canada for bootlegging music, video games, and software by bootlegging maple syrup and ruinng the Canadian economy.

Fantasia: Music Evolved. Get that shit right.

The way John Drake insists on saying the full name every single time when he's discussing the game makes me think Disney's placed some rules on using the name.

Zabant

Jeff Gerstman's gravely hmms would make for a perfect Metal Gear Solid.

As well as his conversations on just about any topic ranging from proper tacos to burger toppings to exciting first person shooters. I hope he's considered as the voice of the next Metal Gear protagonist because he fucking nails it.

Seriously, that hmmnnrmm is legendary.

Jeff would be great for Codec mission support.

-Have burger in inventory-
-Call Jeff-

What follows is a 30 minute codec discussion on being able to tell where a burger is made based on taste alone.

Reading Jeffs tumblr and this idea about splitting the bombcast up into two different shows is a really bad idea and they shouldn't do that.

By all means they should experiment by changing the format a little. Simple things like having more guests and maybe taking the news section a little more seriously by doing better research or just skyping in Patrick? Or just having Patrick do a pre recorded news bit they can slap edit but I think breaking up the bombcast and creating artificial rules about "no this is for the other podcast" would be a bad idea.

Hell I would tell Jeff if he is looking to change the bombcast up.. just listen to the last few Vinnycasts. Booking guests from local friends of the site and skyping in Patrick so the news is more then "what is at the top of my RSS feed today" worked great

Oh and I hope this E3s podcast still has different guests on at the same time who might not see eye to eye. The best E3 moments have come from interesting debates and the worst are those sections where its just 2 PR people PRing it up and talking about how rad that thing they just announced it.

BearPawB

Banned
I just sent this to Jeffs tumblr, but what i would like is a weekly podcast that is focused around one "thing". Whatever that thing is changes week to week, but each week the discussion revolves around only that thing.

Perhaps they talk about whatever gaming drama is happening.
Maybe they want to talk about the sega saturn for a few hours.
One week could be "earliest game memories"
Maybe they want to discuss something not game related.

I just think having a weekly podcast with a defined focus each week could be really interesting as a counterpoint to the broadness of the bombcast.

I just sent this to Jeffs tumblr, but what i would like is a weekly podcast that is focused around one "thing". Whatever that thing is changes week to week, but each week the discussion revolves around only that thing.

I just think having a weekly podcast with a defined focus each week could be really interesting as a counterpoint to the broadness of the bombcast.

there are plenty of other podcasts that do exactly this thing, not to mention this kind of information gets discussed/revealed in the live shows anyway. i'd rather watch Jeff play C64 games for 90 minutes than hear a podcast about them. the completely random and tangential nature of the Bombcast is specifically why I listen to it.

That's a really cool idea, especially if the ideas were out there enough (like the Saturn). I think Vinny mentioned wanting to do a single topic podcast in New York, maybe that'll happen

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I feel like this would just devolve to "talk about the one big news of the week" pretty fast.

Also the bolded would work better as videos.

BearPawB

Banned
there are plenty of other podcasts that do exactly this thing, not to mention this kind of information gets discussed/revealed in the live shows anyway. i'd rather watch Jeff play C64 games for 90 minutes than hear a podcast about them. the completely random and tangential nature of the Bombcast is specifically why I listen to it.

Which is why the bombcast would still exist.

And while i get your point that this stuff gets brought up in the live shows, there are always distractions. People are playing games/not looking at eachother. I feel like whatever stories we get in videos could only be told better.

And i guess you must listen to different podcasts than i do. But the gaming podcasts i listen to are all fairly "what have you been playing/what is the big news" (idle thumbs, rebel fm, 8-4 play).

I feel like this would just devolve to "talk about the one big news of the week" pretty fast.

Also the bolded would work better as videos.

I think it would probably take a lot of effort to come up with a unique angle each and every week for sure. I would love anything BUT a "lets talk about the one big news of the week" we get enough of that on the bombcast.

and i agree with the sentiment that a lot of stuff just works better as videos. Which as much as i love podcasts as a form...i think is a super valid criticism. It makes me wonder why jeff is expressing a desire to do more podcasts specifically.

Myggen

Remember when the two bald guys from Microsoft were on a few years ago? Yeesh

Meh, I thought it was alright. A bit too corporate maybe, but people (as usual) made that sound much worse than it actually was.

Anyways, seems like Patrick/whoever else is getting a great lineup for the E3 Bombcasts. So much for the paranoia among some people in here about him just getting "his indie friends" or whatever to be on.

Remember when Evilore was on and the people in the thread went "WHY AREN'T THEY LETTING HIM TALK???"

"Ryan Davis is a bad host!!!!"

erawsd

Remember when Evilore was on and the people in the thread went "WHY AREN'T THEY LETTING HIM TALK???"

iXlXI0wEWCsXg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom