• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
This is great. This is just great. Somewhere Jeff is rubbing his hands and laughing maniacly.

Just waiting for him to retweet Lowe on Twitter

graboids

So what is the general opinion on Lowe? I don't really know him.

I know he covered games at IGN sometimes, but I always thought he was more of a Tech editor, like he would have fit better on the old Tested site, pre-Mythbusters, talking about iPhones and laptops and stuff... but I could be mistaken.

Either way, I still vote for Dan.

skynidas

Banned
fucking rorie, lol

Matthew Rorie ‏@frailgesture

dat ass tho pic.twitter.com/yGxCF0IOLH

BpYrIEvCcAA9Ofc.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The Gamecube triggers are garbage, they're flimsy and hollow and that click at the end has no real purpose. I love the way the controller feels, but those triggers are the worst I've ever used.

Tan

Okay since we're talking about it, what's wrong with the octagonal gate on the gamecube controller? I always thought of it as a good guide. Does it really get in the way?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Okay since we're talking about it, what's wrong with the octagonal gate on the gamecube controller? I always thought of it as a good guide. Does it really get in the way?
They did a lot of interesting things with the design, and that was a nice touch.

I guess the worst overall controller has to be Dreamcast. It's just a nightmare.

The Gamecube triggers are garbage, they're flimsy and hollow and that click at the end has no real purpose. I love the way the controller feels, but those triggers are the worst I've ever used.

The GameCube triggers have a nice subtle resistance to them that I like. It kinda smoothly pushes back against your finger just a bit which makes it feel really smooth on repeated pulls. But I've always preferred depression-style triggers like the GameCube has compared to lever-style triggers like the DualShock 4 has (which I'm not much of a fan of at all).

I didn't love the 8-way notches on the analog sticks though. They make that amazing clicky noise when you rotate them around, so they've got that going for them, but even the stick rotation kinda locks into place along the 8 directions, which feels really weird. With that and the teensy C-stick, it always felt like a controller that wasn't quite built for modern dual-analog games.

Xater

Don't Google it, as I did when I first heard that stuff. Those images will haunt me forever.

1001 Spikes QL tomorrow. I look forward to Brad's rage.

Is the Brad death counter still going at this point? I'd be curious to see where we are at after all these years.

Musan

http://mixlr.ez.lv/archive/jeff-ger...a1f411d-ios.m4a

The comment about E3 conferences takes place at 39:00.

Alex: "So who is exactly going to the E3 press conferences from our group? None of us are, really, are we?"

Jeff: "Ehh"

Alex: "We're gonna be watching the conferences and doing commentary."

Jeff: "Yeah."
Huh, never knew someone made an archive of all of Jeff's mixlr streams. Much easier than pulling the archive from mixlr.

Tamanon

Banned
I'll probably watch them commentate on most conferences. Think I'll watch Sony pure and just catch their commentary later on.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I read somewhere that whenever Pug's sneeze there is a chance that an eyeball will pop out.

Thanks Obama.

I'm not sure if I'd find it funnier that you heard it from me or that this is the second time it's independently come up in a Giant Bomb thread, but the last time I mentioned that in one of these it was about two pages of people angry that they didn't believe me and went to find proof.

skynidas

Banned
I'll probably watch them commentate on most conferences. Think I'll watch Sony pure and just catch their commentary later on.

yeah. i'm still not sure what to do either. i will probably do the same as you since Sony's is the one that i care the most

I'm not sure if I'd find it funnier that you heard it from me or that this is the second time it's independently come up in a Giant Bomb thread, but the last time I mentioned that in one of these it was about two pages of people angry that they didn't believe me and went to find proof.

I just researched this and I'm sorry I did.

ignata

I think I've committed to watching the press conference streams with commentary. Despite my usual E3 hype, this one might just need a little more of a dash of entertainment than usual.

I personally think that after the highs of last year, and with Sony going in on such a high, the possibility of them not delivering means I would most enjoy watching that one with commentary.

As long as MS does not set LA on fire, I am sure it will be classed as a success (After the mest of the last 12 months), and thus it will be a much less interesting watch (even with commentary).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom