• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan

I'll probably watch with commentary until I find it too frequent/loud/cynical/whatever. Gamescom was great so I'll probably stick through until the end. Except for Sony; going to a dumb theater for that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brad Shoemaker ‏@bradshoemaker 4m

ALRIGHT hype pre-podcast super burrito let's talk into some microphozzzzzzzzzzz

pre-E3 extra podcast for the weekend? if this was announced I apologize

It was announced already. You are in the wrong and should stop posting for all time..

daydream

Banned

On the bombcast they said they'd have to do predictions-cast this week.

Mully

I want to be able to live in a world like Brad's where quality burritos are plentiful. San Francisco should just turn into a huge drive thru for burritos.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It was announced already. You are in the wrong and should stop posting for all time..

im sorry :(

there is only one thing to do

zoidberg-seppuku-gif.gif

On the bombcast they said they'd have to do predictions-cast this week.

ah, I still havent finished this weeks bombcast

daydream

Banned
Do they usually put that up on Monday?

I don't really know. Last year, they put out a Sealed Envelope episode or whatever _during_ E3, if I'm not misremembering? It'd be the smart thing to do, though, since Mondays are usually pretty quiet. Edit: nm, Monday is press conference day. Maybe we'll get it tomorrow, or on Monday like it was last year? I'm too tired for dates right now, lol. Edit2: So yeah, last year's came out toward the end of E3. Putting it out earlier makes more sense to me, but I'm no Greg, so what do I know.

Lol at the massive Game of Thrones spoilers in the Wildstar chat.

I dodged that bullet somehow. Not that I would care that much.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Lol at the massive Game of Thrones spoilers in the Wildstar chat.

I haven't watched any Game of Thrones but I know that something apparently huge, disgusting, and/or shocking happened this week and it involved
a rock crushing somebody's head? probably? maybe just a dude crushing somebody's head
, it's been impossible to avoid since Sunday.

What??? Who spoiled it? I am assuming Rorie?

Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear. Meant the in-game chat. Was reading the chat because there were people laughing at Alex talking about the following healer despite them telling to people to jump in and boom random GoT spoilers. Not a big deal for me though given I'm caught up, but people are terrible.

I haven't watched any Game of Thrones but I know that something apparently huge, disgusting, and/or shocking happened this week and it involved
a rock crushing somebody's head? probably? maybe just a dude crushing somebody's head
, it's been impossible to avoid since Sunday.

The stuff mentioned hasn't aired yet.

Kerned

Banned
Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear. Meant the in-game chat. Was reading the chat because there were people laughing at Alex talking about the following healer despite them telling to people to jump in and boom random GoT spoilers. Not a big deal for me though given I'm caught up, but people are terrible.

Ohhhhhhhhh. That's way less terrible. Sorry for assuming the worse of you , Rorie.

I have 7 episodes of GoT sitting on my DVR. Was contemplating deleting them. It's an okay show, but big medieval fantasy stuff is not my thing - and even the big wow moments do not seem to wow me
.Red Wedding
(in Season 3) was nothing to me.

I am honestly enjoying stuff like. 24: Live Another Day, Person of Interest, Orphan Black, and (the second half of Season 1 of ) Agents of Shield more.

Kerned

Banned
I have 7 episodes of GoT sitting on my DVR. Was contemplating deleting them. It's an okay show, but big medieval fantasy stuff is not my thing - and even the big wow moments do not seem to wow me
.Red Wedding
(in Season 2) was nothing to me.

I am honestly enjoying stuff like. 24: Live Another Day, Person of Interest, Orphan Black, and (the second half of Season 1 of ) Agents of Shield more.

Your spoiler actually takes place in season 3, which I mention not to be pedantic, but in case someone who has watched up through season 2 clicks on it thinking that they are safe.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The stuff mentioned hasn't aired yet.

The stuff I said or the stuff in the chat? I assume you mean the Wildstar chat, I heard about what I posted from multiple places including a sports radio show and he was very clearly talking about things that aired this past week, but if it was a book spoiler I'll edit my post to clarify even though I was pretty vague.

Mr. F

Banned
Wonder if they would skype Vinny in for the pre-e3 prediction show, or if they maybe recorded his bit beforehand. Looking forward to it either way! I'm going to listen/watch previous e3 podcasts and shows in anticipation for next week.

I'd feel worse about watching Agents of Shield.

Based on that comment, I guess you watched some. When did you stop?

Note that I specially mentioned the second half of season 1 - when the show actually stops twiddling it thumbs, creates new characters, evolves old ones, and actually does some pretty great stuff for a cable TV show.

Having to wait for The Winter Soldier to release hurt that show much. It is pretty great now that they are allowed to work with the stuff the was revealed in that film.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The Gamecube triggers are garbage, they're flimsy and hollow and that click at the end has no real purpose. I love the way the controller feels, but those triggers are the worst I've ever used.

The click totally has a purpose, it gives the triggers two useful states as well as full range, rather than just full range.

For example, in Super Mario Sunshine, hard pressing the trigger plants you in place and lets you aim and shoot, but a soft press lets you move while spraying.

Another example, in Smash bros, a light press will give you a bigger weaker shield that is better for absorbing weak projectiles, but when you get the click you'll use a stronger more compact shield that will eat a more powerful attack.

Because it has that click, that means you can push it down fully but with light pressure and stay int he light range, and then just apply a bit more pressure to get into the hard press range. On other analog sticks, it's a matter of having to press and try to keep your finger the appropriate amount of force with no resting spot. GC control has a resting position for both states.

Dany

Banned
Wonder if they would skype Vinny in for the pre-e3 prediction show, or if they maybe recorded his bit beforehand. Looking forward to it either way! I'm going to listen/watch previous e3 podcasts and shows in anticipation for next week.

Vinny is most likely going to be in Ohio or Pennsylvania based on my calculations

popo

The extra E3 predictions podcast - though I thought they already did predictions at the end of a recent bombcast - will go up Tuesday of E3. It is part of the "never missed a non-holiday Tuesday" promise.

I think Paul Bore-net was last year?

Vinny is most likely going to be in Ohio or Pennsylvania based on my calculations

Dunno, tweets suggest he already made it. Sounds like he was in Chicago yesterday so not unreasonable in two 6 hour drives.

Mr. F

Banned
The click totally has a purpose, it gives the triggers two useful states as well as full range, rather than just full range.

For example, in Super Mario Sunshine, hard pressing the trigger plants you in place and lets you aim and shoot, but a soft press lets you move while spraying.

Another example, in Smash bros, a light press will give you a bigger weaker shield that is better for absorbing weak projectiles, but when you get the click you'll use a stronger more compact shield that will eat a more powerful attack.

Because it has that click, that means you can push it down fully but with light pressure and stay int he light range, and then just apply a bit more pressure to get into the hard press range. On other analog sticks, it's a matter of having to press and try to keep your finger the appropriate amount of force with no resting spot. GC control has a resting position for both states.

Yeah, I really liked those triggers. Pretty ingenious way of adding an additional input into a single button. Disappointing the wii u didn't follow suit, at least for the potential of a GCN Virtual Console.

This controller talk reminds me of those photos of the Wii controller prototypes and sculpts that came out a while ago. Really fascinating to see the process.

Myggen

The extra E3 predictions podcast - though I thought they already did predictions at the end of a recent bombcast - will go up Tuesday of E3. It is part of the "never missed a non-holiday Tuesday" promise.

Have they even missed one during the holidays?

komplanen

Giant Bomb is my favorite website about Brad being sleepy most of the time and bad at games all of the time. The best new senior editor in this regard would probably be someone who can add to that and so I personally hope it's a sloth. They're tired all the time and surely can't play many games with those long claws and would be even better choise for iOS games to match Brad's skill on other games.

Zaph

Giant Bomb is my favorite website about Brad being sleepy most of the time and bad at games all of the time. The best new senior editor in this regard would probably be someone who can add to that and so I personally hope it's a sloth. They're tired all the time and surely can't play many games with those long claws and would be even better choise for iOS games to match Brad's skill on other games.

How odd.

Dany

Banned

I think Paul Bore-net was last year?

Dunno, tweets suggest he already made it. Sounds like he was in Chicago yesterday so not unreasonable in two 6 hour drives.

He would not make it to NYC from Chicago in 12 hours in a prius,

lol

Nintaiyo

The triggers were great in F-Zero GX, too, as they gave you analog control of exactly how much you wanted to slide turn. This precision was a godsend in a game as demanding as GX. I'm saddened that Nintendo has abandoned this trigger design for the Wii and Wii U if only because it means I'll have anything less than absolute control in a potential F-Zero sequel.

Tan

Yeah that probably makes sense. I think they did that last year which is why I never ended up listening to it!

h2FC29CD9

komplanen

The triggers were great in F-Zero GX, too, as they gave you analog control of exactly how much you wanted to slide turn. This precision was a godsend in a game as demanding as GX. I'm saddened that Nintendo has abandoned this trigger design for the Wii and Wii U if only because it means I'll have anything less than absolute control in a potential F-Zero sequel.

It's sort of silly how Nintendo had the best idea with the Gamecube triggers and now with the Wii U they went all the way back to the absolute worst kind of binary triggers. I mean ugh.

popo

Have they even missed one during the holidays?

Not sure. I guess it depends on if you class GOTY as a bombcast.

He would not make it to NYC from Chicago in 12 hours in a prius,

lol

That is what google said sticking to speed limits. It is two days. Even if they stick to the slow lane 7 hours a day is reasonable. Also, I would be willing to bet you have never driven a Prius. The acceleration isn't great but they are not a slow car once they get going (unless you run them in EV mode but that is really only for short city runs).

I thought Vinny was kidding when he said he would be arriving in NYC then flying back for e3.

Dude is going to be wrecked before the how even starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom