• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

What do you guys think jeff was hinting at when he was talking about the future of GB?
He's talked about it openly many times before. He wants GB to tour, go to more events, more features etc. Problem is, they barely have the staff to keep the regular content going, so doing anything else means 1 or 2 weeks of very few updates.

KingKong

Heroes of the Storm looks surprisingly decent, especially for an alpha. Theyre not trying to be like Dota/LoL beyond the bare basics and it definitely feels like a Blizzard game in terms of art design and aesthetics

Time is a flat circle
image.php

kenta

Has no PEINS
Man I just cannot get into UPFs. It's just so hard to stay interested when they play terrible games on purpose. This one started out great, but now it's zzzzzz

Man I just cannot get into UPFs. It's just so hard to stay interested when they play terrible games on purpose. This one started out great, but now it's zzzzzz

The thing is when a boring game is happening the rest of the guys usually start conversing and then you tab away and it becomes unprofessional fridaycast

Do the crew still do Rock Band night at PAX East, and if so, when is that? I'm trying to plan for (my first!) PAX trip, and I'd love to see the infamous karaoke madness for myself.

Zaph

Do the crew still do Rock Band night at PAX East, and if so, when is that? I'm trying to plan for (my first!) PAX trip, and I'd love to see the infamous karaoke madness for myself.
Jeff said he hasn't heard anything from Harmonix about one this year. So most likely no.

Not really unexpected, they stopped making DLC last year.

Dany

Banned
If you don't care about Patrick's Youtuber videos, and if you don't care about Dark/Demon Souls, the last few weeks have stunk, not just UPFs.

i don;'t follow patricks yt antics. but i have been high on the souls content and will be buying my first Souls games in a few weeks. but yeah, last few weeks have been stale

derFeef

I forgot this is one hour earlier now for a short amount of time due to daylight savings and timezones. Will watch tonight, sounds like a hoot.

Unprofessional Fridays can be very hit-or-miss for me, though I've always found at least one segment that's very entertaining to watch. I feel that UPF has transmorphed into a string of mini-quick looks, a far cry from its original purpose of allowing the Bombcrew to catch up on games they wanted to play. Since they're burning through potentially interesting games at a tremendous rate, I'm afraid that we're going to see a lot more of my least favourite UPF segments - when one of them plays a (boring) game while the others chat amongst themselves. These segments are always unfortunate to see and I think that they will become increasingly common unless some sort of change is made to UPF's format; perhaps they could avoid this problem by returning to the older style of UPF.

With that said, some of the more irreverent parts of UPF have been oddly entertaining - things like the tricaster antics, cigs concerts (in moderation), Jeff, Brad, and Drew's reaction to being on the camera, and so on. The unprofessional aspects of the show are almost always great (except when it makes Vinny sad) and I hope they don't change.

i don;'t follow patricks yt antics. but i have been high on the souls content and will be buying my first Souls games in a few weeks. but yeah, last few weeks have been stale

0339_9zjxp.gif

I'm afraid that we're going to see a lot more of my least favourite UPF segments - when one of them plays a (boring) game while the others chat amongst themselves. These segments are always unfortunate to see and I think that they will become increasingly common unless some sort of change is made to UPF's format; perhaps they could avoid this problem by returning to the older style of UPF.

or they could just ban early access games

Xater

This UPF was pretty great. The more usually the more unprofessional they are the better the UPF. This episode proved that again.

Kyari

Briefly tuned in to UPF to see it was just Brad and Jeff, decided to wait for the archive. What on earth did I miss there?

Listening to this week's Bombcast, this is some amazing shit. I was walking outside when they started talking about the dude bangin' his car, and I just made it home before cracking up. I'm glad I wasn't on a bus or anything.

Anyone made themselves look like a crazy person laughing at a podcast in public?

Briefly tuned in to UPF to see it was just Brad and Jeff, decided to wait for the archive. What on earth did I miss there?

Brad and Jeff learning how to using the tricaster on camera and Danny coming in mid way. Games weren't that great but I loved this inside baseball stuff. Hell, I kinda want a Tricaster Quick Look EX now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom