• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to this week's Bombcast, this is some amazing shit. I was walking outside when they started talking about the dude bangin' his car, and I just made it home before cracking up. I'm glad I wasn't on a bus or anything.

Anyone made themselves look like a crazy person laughing at a podcast in public?
I've seen a documentary about "objectophiles" before, it is some interesting stuff. Most surprising was that it's not about the sexuality as much for them, it's more of a partner thing. There was a woman who loves the Empire State Building, one married the Eiffel tower (her last name is now Eiffel) and a guy that is really into locomotives, though they had to be Diesel powered iirc.

edit: Apparently, one Swedish woman married the Berlin Wall in '79. Must have been some hard years for her since then.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to the morning show, I'm super pumped for the Royal Rumble.
We've gotta have a Giantbomb victory!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Jeff calling it "secretly the best video game" and Vinny confirming it makes me understand why Vinny loves screwing around and trying to break stuff in games now

You know I recently realized from the TitanFall quick look why I like Vinny so much.

The whole time, he was just dropping crazy ideas of "Oh man can you do this! You should be able to do this!"

One after the other and a ton of them were super creative things I had never even considered. I think that often manifests when he plays games, where he just always ends up trying stuff that no one else would have ever even thought of and it's always hilarious as a result.

Just a really creative guy and I have a huge appreciation for that.

You know I recently realized from the TitanFall quick look why I like Vinny so much.

The whole time, he was just dropping crazy ideas of "Oh man can you do this! You should be able to do this!"

One after the other and a ton of them were super creative things I had never even considered. I think that often manifests when he plays games, where he just always ends up trying stuff that no one else would have ever even thought of and it's always hilarious as a result.

He doesn't have the time to play it, but he'd be a god in dota.

newjeruse

He's a born producer. He lives in his vision, not his circumstance.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

This is a pretty cool thing to do, thanks duder.

Just a heads up though, if you just cropped it so it was ONLY the chat, you would probably cut down on the file size a bunch and you could just add a marker at the beginning saying something like "start video now."

I agree. I think Vinny's a fantastic Quick Look wingman, he seems to put a lot of effort into making videos that are both informative and entertaining. Content like Kinect game or multiplayer quick looks practically require Vinny, if only for the things he'll try to break. I hope he keeps up the good job.

I'm not saying that Vinny should be in every quick look or anything, rather that he'd make one heck of a QA tester.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I saw that Jeff was playing Infamous so I took a look at his activity feed to see what trophies he's earned so far and...came across this awesome activity:

TUUAtYB.jpg

YES

yo, thats paid content you have on youtube for free man.

not cool, not cool

Oh wow, didn't even notice that was a link. Yeah, that's entirely not cool Fattony.

It's just the chat, all the actual content is muted and blurred. I don't think that hurts the subscription model but, like...why?

It's no audio with the actual video mosaiced out. It's just a video for chat replay.

Oh, I see, should've paid more attention! Sorry Fattony, that's actually a pretty cool thing to do.

nvm, thats cool

This is a pretty cool thing to do, thanks duder.

Just a heads up though, if you just cropped it so it was ONLY the chat, you would probably cut down on the file size a bunch and you could just add a marker at the beginning saying something like "start video now."

dead2.gif

Will M

I saw that Jeff was playing Infamous so I took a look at his activity feed to see what trophies he's earned so far and...came across this awesome activity:

TUUAtYB.jpg

YES

Cigs66 will be flown in to play live at Giant Bomb's PAX panel.
My source:
I really hope this happens.

Regarding Dark Souls 2, I just want to let Brad/Vinny know that it turns out the Adaptability stat is actually pretty useless even though a lot of people recommended it them (including me in this thread). Yes, FROM replaced a useless stat in DS1 (resistance) with another useless stat. Time to respec and put all those ADP points into something useful (like equip load).

So adaptability isn't that good.

Conclusion

Going from base adaptability to 99 gives you 2 I frames.(DWGR would give you about 7 more frames than fast roll) The thing people should be worried about is equipment burden and getting a farther faster roll. I honestly do not know the sweet spot for equipment burden/poise/distance yet. But its only a matter of time. From what I can tell agility does not determine how fast you move its all determined by equipment burden.

IMO adaptability is the new resistance stat. Sure you get some poise but so does armor and rings.

e: not that it's conclusive or anything, but yeah, time to respec all the adp points into int for my hexer without feeling guilty~

demidar

Regarding Dark Souls 2, I just want to let Brad/Vinny know that it turns out the Adaptability stat is actually pretty useless even though a lot of people recommended it them (including me in this thread). Yes, FROM replaced a useless stat in DS1 (resistance) with another useless stat. Time to respec and put all those ADP points into something useful (like equip load).

Using only one point of view to draw your conclusions from seems like folly.

Using only one point of view to draw your conclusions from seems like folly.

You're right, of course. But in my limited playthrough, I've dumped some points into it and barely noticed any difference. Needs more testing, which should be easy considering anyone can respec now.

You're right, of course. But in my limited playthrough, I've dumped some points into it and barely noticed any difference. Needs more testing, which should be easy considering anyone can respec now.

none of the stats really do anything if you only put a few points. they work on levels of 10

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I checked out Cigs66 trophies yesterday and he was a huge MAG guy, so he's cool in my book.

Oh my god, of course he is. Zipper's games had a certain demographic that he is most definitely a part of.

Patrick's Critical Proximity talk is pretty interesting, but I really want to see him put this belief into practice with Giant Bomb's freelancers/new hires.

Also I just discredit anyone who dislikes Bioshock Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom