• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kinda wish patrick would edit out those long silent sequences (well except for the music). Absolutely no point having it there.

popo

Selling out of posters so quickly seems like leaving money on the table.

They only ordered like a thousand. A better idea would be to take orders for say 10 days and then place the order. If they were worried about signing too many they could have had a limited run of a thousand signed editions for $10 more. If they didn't want to cash in on signatures that extra could have gone to charity.

Do you know where to find that video? Also, does anyone know the name of the video where they pretended to be Wikipedia during the internet blackout protest?

Edit: Found the Wikipedia one.

I don't think it is on the site and I checked the twitch/justin archives but found nothing.

Seems like my timing is all confused though. The signing was at the old Whisky Media Bar so it was way later than I thought. Late 2011 or early 2012 by the looks of it. So it can't have been when Jackson died. Anyone remember what the braking news was?

Kinda wish patrick would edit out those long silent sequences (well except for the music). Absolutely no point having it there.

He mentioned recently that to cut it out would delay the upload for hours. Not sure why it would but that is what he said. could it be something to do with having twitch publish to youtube and using that video? Dunno.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I feel like the count now is Brad: 4 Potatoe_Marshall: 0

Edit: I find it weird reading stuff like "It was soooo good when Brad whinned, good job." because of the invasion, cause I don't remember that happening?
He was more like "Eh, that kinda sucks. Whatever"

Selling out of posters so quickly seems like leaving money on the table.

I think theyve said in the past that they dont sell the merch to make money and in many cases they arent making money, just meant to be a way to incorporate the community and such

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like the count now is Brad: 4 Potatoe_Marshall: 0

Edit: I find it weird reading stuff like "It was soooo good when Brad whinned, good job." because of the invasion, cause I don't remember that happening?
He was more like "Eh, that kinda sucks. Whatever"

Because saying that you dislike something is clearly whining.

pronk420

i'm savourticipating the part where brad fights maneater. that should be delicious.

although knowing him he will accidentally discover that you can defeated in one hit by kicking them or something weird trick

Game designers hate him!

One weird trick to beat the Maneaters.

My mother-in-law makes 6736 souls a day by simply working from home!

Edit: If the maneaters don't knock Brad off the edge of the walkway with that spirally magical yell then I'll be disappointed.

Jintor

You won't BELIEVE what Manus has been hiding! TEN exclusive LOOKS, straight from his giant hand!

/edit wrong series whoops

LuchaShaq

Banned
Frustrated that I've bought all the posters so far but during the first sale it bugged out on me like 10 times and this time I was sleeping before an exam.

Argh

popo

I think theyve said in the past that they dont sell the merch to make money and in many cases they arent making money, just meant to be a way to incorporate the community and such

That was under Whiskey, I bet CBS gets better prices. Either way they are just annoying their user base by limiting numbers so much.

We should be able to send in stuff for them to sign.

I want a Back to the Future 2 poster signed by Jeff.

Nothing stopping you, send it with a return postage label and I bet they would. They sign all sorts at PAX etc.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Man, I remember grinding Pure DarkMoonstone for the same scimitar as Brad when I finished Demon's Souls awhile back(might have been the Kilij actually). Spent a few hours killing Black Skeletons on 4-2 in a repetitive 8-min or so loop. Finally got one to drop and got the trophy. Pretty much not worth it for the added bonuses though.

Entertaining to rewatch this game being played, but it is really strange how imperceptive these guys are when it comes to sussing out the rules of the game. Kind of wish they cut the umbilical cord with chat as you can tell, Brad especially, relies too much on outside info when only a modicum of intuition is needed to figure out the mechanical quirks and details. It's mind-blowing how many questions they pose themselves that are easily answered with a bit of experimentation, and yet they tend to just shut off any thought capacity and purposefully make broad(often poor assumptions). So much baseless hemming and hawing.

Kind of rough to watch at times, yet entertaining in a sad way.

Man, I remember grinding Pure DarkMoonstone for the same scimitar as Brad when I finished Demon's Souls awhile back(might have been the Kilij actually). Spent a few hours killing Black Skeletons on 4-2 in a repetitive 8-min or so loop. Finally got one to drop and got the trophy. Pretty much not worth it for the added bonuses though.

you grind the BP skeletons in 4-2 for pure bladestone, not darkmoonstone, but yes that grind was a chooorrreeee.

7iberius

Man, I remember grinding Pure DarkMoonstone for the same scimitar as Brad when I finished Demon's Souls awhile back(might have been the Kilij actually). Spent a few hours killing Black Skeletons on 4-2 in a repetitive 8-min or so loop.

That must have been Pure Bladestone, rather than Darkmoonstone. The only stone those red-eye skeletons drop is Bladestone, and they're the only source for a Pure. The only source for a Pure Darkmoonstone is the crystal lizards.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
you grind the BP skeletons in 4-2 for pure bladestone, not darkmoonstone, but yes that grind was a chooorrreeee.

That must have been Pure Bladestone, rather than Darkmoonstone. The only stone those red-eye skeletons drop is Bladestone, and they're the only source for a Pure. The only source for a Pure Darkmoonstone is the crystal lizards.

Yea, it must have been Pure Bladestone. It's been awhile for sure since I played.

Yeah, but they only capture a few things here and there in 60fps. I'm not sure what their reasoning is on the ones they do capture at that rate, but I know they definitely have a few in the archives at that rate. I'm sure they try to avoid it due to file size.

Yeah, but they only capture a few things here and there in 60fps. I'm not sure what their reasoning is on the ones they do capture at that rate, but I know they definitely have a few in the archives at that rate. I'm sure they try to avoid it due to file size.

All of their videos have been at 60 FPS for months now.

Not all of them, I think, only those who have 60fps games shown.

I guess it would be wasteful to do a 60 fps video of a game locked to 30 fps. But just about any PC game or any game that isn't locked to 30 fps has been shown in all it's framerate glory for months now.

Also, anything done outside of the office tends to be 30 fps, like anything done by Patrick or Alex.

WTF..... What am I watching... I'm actually tripping out right now hahaha. This is amazing. I never knew that kind of stuff existed. I just discovered a whole new industry and it's fucking weird haha.

GUYS... I'm learning so much about front end loaders right now!

Those truck videos have been around at least 20 years. I remember seeing ads for them on nick and stuff in the early ninties. They had jets, and dump trucks too.

I was never into trucks as a small kid though.

Those truck videos have been around at least 20 years. I remember seeing ads for them on nick and stuff in the early ninties. They had jets, and dump trucks too.

I was never into trucks as a small kid though.

Did you enjoy LOTS AND LOTS OF TRUCKS?

How about watching LOTS AND LOTS OF TRAINS! IT HAS BIG TRAINS, FAST TRAINS, SMOKIN TRAINS AND TRAINS FROM AROUND THE WORLD

Jeff's Tumblr said:
yeslynana asked:
How strange is it to see people analyse your life and mental state on the internet? Whenever I see a Giantbomb discussion on a different website someone feels the need to analyse you, Brad, Vinny etc. Saying how you're not into gaming any more, how Ryan's passing affected you and that you regret selling CBSi.

It’s a bunch of people who don’t actually know any of us making assumptions based on things that we choose to put out publicly. Whatever. It can occasionally be annoying, but I guess at some point we cease being actual people to them and start appearing like any other TV show or celebrity thing. I guess, on some level, that comes with the territory. I’ve certainly been guilty of the same thing when consuming some other types of media.

Some of that stuff is especially strange because if I wasn’t into what I was doing or felt that I wasn’t doing it at the right place, I’d leave.

Jeff keepin it real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom