• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the end of the Betrayer QL a pretty big spoiler for the game? i watched the first 10 minutes to see what this game actually is (been waiting for it for awhile) and i'm VERY hooked into the concept. already kind of bummed i saw what happens when you ring the bell.

rakhir

is the end of the Betrayer QL a pretty big spoiler for the game? i watched the first 10 minutes to see what this game actually is (been waiting for it for awhile) and i'm VERY hooked into the concept. already kind of bummed i saw what happens when you ring the bell.
They do some stuff after that, but they ditch the story around 25 minute mark and Brad is going all over the map killing dudes and getting killed for the next half hour.
But there is a shocking secret revealed, non-story related, at the end, at 55:36. I was stunned when they showed it.

frostyxc

I like the cut of your jib.

Thanks for that! But I have to be honest and say that I purchased my jib at Woolworths. It hurts to admit it, but I tried to cut my own jib... and it was a disaster!

You see, I've always wanted to fit into the jib lifestyle. I see everyone around me with these gnarly-fresh jibs, but all I had to show off with was a paisley stanchion. Here are all these hip guys and gals with their jibs flowing in the breeze, while I'm stuck lugging around a stanchion like some sort of moron who can't find his theater, or night club, to cordon off! What was I to do, but cut my own jib and put everyone else to shame. I'm not above public shaming through outclassing. It's genetic.

I went to Marla Flenderson's Fabrics O'Fabrics - "Home of the 12¢ Burrito" - to get my jib fabric. I decided to go with a delicate crushed velvet in mauve, of course. I'm looking to out-jib the competition here, not win a reliability award! Once I had my proto-jib, I needed a way to cut it, so I went into the shed out back of my neighbor Tommy's house... after drugging him with some dry vermouth and some packets of Sweet 'N Low. He needs to raise his alcoholism game!

Anyway, I couldn't find a cutting knife or shears in Tommy's shed, so I fashioned a cutting device out of his rusty push lawnmower, some c-clamps and an ironing board. I drew a sketch of my genius construct, as it could have a future as a gruesome murder machine. It was quite scary. I wasn't even sure I should be getting near it with my ream of crushed velvet.

As the lawn mower roared to life, whipping its rusty blade around like a scary windmill, I flung the velvet at the blade...

Long story short, Tommy can only give low-fives from now on... and the flames that consumed his house were supposedly seen from the ISS. It was quite a sight! I still joke with Tommy about it as we swig Natty Ices from the porch of his single-wide, which is conveniently parked next to the smoldering remains of his family home.

And that is why I bought my jib at Woolworth's and just tell everyone that I made it myself.

Uh... so who's ready for Unprofessional Fridays? Right, guys? It's only in two hour--... wait today is Thursday?!? Those Seventh-Day Adventists lied to me again! And they took my shoes. I just lacquered them!

Mesoian

Thanks for that! But I have to be honest and say that I purchased my jib at Woolworths. It hurts to admit it, but I tried to cut my own jib... and it was a disaster!

You see, I've always wanted to fit into the jib lifestyle. I see everyone around me with these gnarly-fresh jibs, but all I had to show off with was a paisley stanchion. Here are all these hip guys and gals with their jibs flowing in the breeze, while I'm stuck lugging around a stanchion like some sort of moron who can't find his theater, or night club, to cordon off! What was I to do, but cut my own jib and put everyone else to shame. I'm not above public shaming through outclassing. It's genetic.

I went to Marla Flenderson's Fabrics O'Fabrics - "Home of the 12¢ Burrito" - to get my jib fabric. I decided to go with a delicate crushed velvet in mauve, of course. I'm looking to out-jib the competition here, not win a reliability award! Once I had my proto-jib, I needed a way to cut it, so I went into the shed out back of my neighbor Tommy's house... after drugging him with some dry vermouth and some packets of Sweet 'N Low. He needs to raise his alcoholism game!

Anyway, I couldn't find a cutting knife or shears in Tommy's shed, so I fashioned a cutting device out of his rusty push lawnmower, some c-clamps and an ironing board. I drew a sketch of my genius construct, as it could have a future as a gruesome murder machine. It was quite scary. I wasn't even sure I should be getting near it with my ream of crushed velvet.

As the lawn mower roared to life, whipping its rusty blade around like a scary windmill, I flung the velvet at the blade...

Long story short, Tommy can only give low-fives from now on... and the flames that consumed his house were supposedly seen from the ISS. It was quite a sight! I still joke with Tommy about it as we swig Natty Ices from the porch of his single-wide, which is conveniently parked next to the smoldering remains of his family home.

And that is why I bought my jib at Woolworth's and just tell everyone that I made it myself.

Uh... so who's ready for Unprofessional Fridays? Right, guys? It's only in two hour--... wait today is Thursday?!? Those Seventh-Day Adventists lied to me again! And they took my shoes. I just lacquered them!

url.gif

Curufinwe

The extra Ground Zeroes quick look was not as heated as I was lead to believe. I really enjoyed it.

The quiz show was neat, but the one in Persona 4 Golden was miles better.

Jintor

Was listening to the latest This Is Only A Test cos Gary was on it so the Trifecta was back in action. WTF did they do to the opening theme?!?!?

I think I've discovered Brad's favourite word whilst watching the newest MGS5 QL. I've heard him say it enough over the past couple days and not just in recent content, but older stuff as well.

Alright now I'll let you guess; and no, it's not ostensibly, DotA 2, keys, chests, dying, death, or crystal lizards/geckos.

You've given up? Alright last chance, here it is:
the word is "heady."

Was listening to the latest This Is Only A Test cos Gary was on it so the Trifecta was back in action. WTF did they do to the opening theme?!?!?

That dubstep remix was around back when I was still listening to the show (which was... kind of a long time ago now). They would sometimes use it as a joke.

Zaph

I didn't watch the DS Breaking Brad, did he ever mention if he played either of the Souls games alone, off camera? Maybe it's just a different game for him without Vinny and so much unknown?

obonicus

I didn't watch the DS Breaking Brad, did he ever mention if he played either of the Souls games alone, off camera? Maybe it's just a different game for him without Vinny and so much unknown?

I think he started playing back when LoLS was going, but never finished the game.

xanavi

He mentions that he's been playing Dark Souls on his own a few times during the DS Breaking Brad episodes.

Tan

welcome back

bigkrev

Strange request, but a few years ago, someone posted a desktop wallpaper that was the Kanye West "Power" video but with Ryan Davis in the place of Kanye (no other changes like in the youtube video).

If anyone still has it, I would appreciate it!

LackingSaint

Neo Member
As somebody not watching the DS2 stream because i'm getting the PC version and spoilers, has Brad really fallen off of the game? He'd be one of the first games journalists I follow who liked the first game to do so, which is interesting.

On an unrelated note, when was the last time Vinny and Brad did a Quick Look and Vinny was the one playing? It totally could have happpened recently and I just missed it, but it seems like 99% of the time Brad's playing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As somebody not watching the DS2 stream because i'm getting the PC version and spoilers, has Brad really fallen off of the game? He'd be one of the first games journalists I follow who liked the first game to do so, which is interesting.

On an unrelated note, when was the last time Vinny and Brad did a Quick Look and Vinny was the one playing? It totally could have happpened recently and I just missed it, but it seems like 99% of the time Brad's playing.

Seemed more like he got overwhelmed with other games he wants to play, like infamous and ground zeroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom