• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Seemed more like he got overwhelmed with other games he wants to play, like infamous and ground zeroes.

That and he kind of wanted to wait for the PC version anyway. He mentions maybe wanting to go back and finish Dark Souls 1 in the mean time. (which I'm pretty sure will take him longer than he thinks)

popo

Catching up on UPF. I loved the contrast between Patrick self censoring the word "whore" and later Brad straight out shouting that the monsters should "suck a dick". Pat was already gone but I wonder if he would have laughed, scolded him or somewhere in between :-O

LackingSaint

Neo Member
I feel like Alexis says "slut" a lot and it's always a little awkward. Not that I really mind.

I love Alexis , but that dude has a much more casual word-filter than most of the staff. Like a few weeks back when he used "retard" as an insult and everyone was sort of miffed at him.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Vinny gives Dark Souls II...

iVnbbksww61ii.gif

a thumbs up

P5PfewB.gif

I had a feeling that Brad would not have the same enthusiasm for a Souls game if he played it without guidance or the benefit of years of internet knowledge. Playing a souls game at launch vs playing it 2 years later is almost like playing two different games.

Brad is really overestimating their completion of the game. I'd say they're maybe
% of the way through. I also feel like they're having way more trouble than they should since they're sticking to this one train of thought in terms of gear. DS2 wants you to be a little more versatile with some bow action or magic. You can definitely greatsword/havel hamfisting your way through, but it's much tougher as evidenced in their run.

I doubt Brad is going to play DS2 for awhile and I'm not sure Vinny will finish it either. I guess time will tell.

RaikuHebi

Banned
"Coming up on Giant Bomb:

Quick Look: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Video on Mar 28, 2014 04:00 PM".

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!! I'll watch it with breakfast tomorrow :D. Anyone else have a habit of watching GB with meals? lool.

Did patrick and alex just "not" confirm last of us PS4?

Elaborate?

Hupsel

"Coming up on Giant Bomb:

Quick Look: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Video on Mar 28, 2014 04:00 PM".

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!! I'll watch it with breakfast tomorrow :D. Anyone else have a habit of watching GB with meals? lool.

Elaborate?

I always watch a QL during dinner :p

Temidien

Neo Member
Alright guys, as someone brand new to Dark Souls, please help me decide (and state your reasoning):

1) Play through Dark Souls on PC (already own), eventually get DS2 on PC.

2) Pick-up Dark Souls 2 on 360.

3) Wait and pick-up Dark Souls 2 on PC.

Alright guys, as someone brand new to Dark Souls, please help me decide (and state your reasoning):

1) Play through Dark Souls on PC (already own), eventually get DS2 on PC.

2) Pick-up Dark Souls 2 on 360.

3) Wait and pick-up Dark Souls 2 on PC.

That option. You can get it for cheap and see if it's your thing. Plus, it looks fantastic on the pc with dsfix.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Did patrick and alex just "not" confirm last of us PS4?

Eh. It will have to have some pretty massive upgrades to get me to double dip. I suppose many will be excited, but development resources would be better spent on a new project. Just can't imagine blowing upwards $40-60 to re-experience that story again so soon.

Then again I have held off on GTAV for a next-gen port, so I suppose people that haven't experienced LoU have a good reason to be excited if true.

Edit: Guess it is true. Missed the other thread.

I think I've discovered Brad's favourite word whilst watching the newest MGS5 QL. I've heard him say it enough over the past couple days and not just in recent content, but older stuff as well.

Alright now I'll let you guess; and no, it's not ostensibly, DotA 2, keys, chests, dying, death, or crystal lizards/geckos.

You've given up? Alright last chance, here it is:
the word is "heady."

I think Brad's favorite word is turgid. He doesn't say it very often but when he does you can tell it's a special moment.

ffX quick look. Any spoilers to avoid?

Yes. To paraphrase...

"Hey, there's a big question about something later in the story, but I don't want to spoil it."

15 minutes later. Brad: "Oh wait doesn't (spoiler) happen later?"

And some more stuff about the ending of FFX-1 when they go to X-2

Mesoian

Yeah this FF10 quick look is, quite literally, 58 minutes of spoilers.

Beware if you haven't played these games before, but want to.

I laughed a good few times at how Rorie and Brad just stumbled their way into spoiling some pretty major plot points of FFX. It was just so casual, Brad just rummaging around in his brain asking 'Didn't this happen?' 'Oh yeah, and isn't that?' I wouldn't recommend watching if you haven't played FFX and intend to.

Volotaire

The Escape Goat 2 quicklook sold me on that game. Great soundtrack as well. Betrayer looks interesting. Loved the ending of the quicklook.

"I don't quite remember, and I really don't want to spoil it, but wasn't there something about *concrete details about the entire plot of FFX* in there?"

Mesoian

ALRIGHT.

I'm not going crazy.

Why is the opening stinger for Jeff's "Rap Man" playing randomly on my computers. Multiple computers. Did Jeff put malware on my computer?

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm watching Patrick slowly falling to Lord Gamblor's madness.

Why does he run out of the room when there's a fly instead of killing it? Haven't played much of BoI so not sure what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom