• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
His usage of it here doesn't make a lot of sense though.

ruhghcuj8.png

pls stop

Giant Bombcast 481: Rupert Grint's Ice Cream Truck
It's easy to forget E3 looms on the horizon with Farpoint, Battlegrounds, The Surge, Ubisoft's 2017 lineup, Alan Wake's delisting, Vanquish's PC release, IO Interactive's shocking betrayal, and live pinball to talk about!
Filed Under: IO Interactive, BioWare Montreal, Assassin's Creed, Phantom Dust, Alan Wake, Vanquish, Persona 5, The Crew, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Surge, Injustice 2, Prey, Farpoint, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, TumbleSeed, Far Cry 5, Masaya Matsuura

If nobody is doing the next thread then I'd like to do it as I've been doing a little something for it. I just need a title but it's probably too soon to call for one.

Dead Cells is pretty cool despite the terrible description. Nothing about it is really Soulslike outside it having a dodge roll and estus, it's essentially just a classic Castlevania roguelite.

I just finished Prey and it falls apart at the end after I thought it was going to be one of my favourite games of the year.

I just finished Prey and it falls apart at the end after I thought it was going to be one of my favourite games of the year.

The 3rd act is only a pain in the ass depending on your skill path. Despite that, It could and should have been better about all of it. On the other hand though, I really loved how it wrapped up as the hints were kind of all there throughout the game.

Dead Cells is pretty cool despite the terrible description. Nothing about it is really Soulslike outside it having a dodge roll and estus, it's essentially just a classic Castlevania roguelite.

I loved, like REALLY loved, the actual ending. The gameplay towards the end does kind of get worse though. But not enough to really drag it down for me.

Mr. F

Banned
Jason's real bad at discussing games, Jeff brings up valid complaints during injustice and all he ever manages to say boils down to 'well I liked it, so.' Not that I didn't already come to the conclusion a while ago but it makes for boring watching

The 3rd act is only a pain in the ass depending on your skill path. Despite that, It could and should have been better about all of it. On the other hand though, I really loved how it wrapped up as the hints were kind of all there throughout the game.

I just found the 3rd act disappointing. With the skills I chose it was nothing more than run between sections where there was no sense of any challenge. I saw the ending coming and found it disappointing, maybe it's because I just came off of Automata which does a much better job of foreshadowing things to tell a much more interesting plot.

I mean, that's what I assumed your issue was.

it's kind of a dumb complaint as most of those games aren't even very much alike, it's just one aspect of a game that in itself in no way makes it either good or bad.

It really puts me off a game whenever I read the word "rogue anything" because that means you have to grind and you have to pour hours into the game to get the most out of it. With the amount of games out right now and how every indie game seems to have some sort of rogue whatever element to it, it's fucking annoying.

I just found the 3rd act disappointing. With the skills I chose it was nothing more than run between sections where there was no sense of any challenge. I saw the ending coming and found it disappointing, maybe it's because I just came off of Automata which does a much better job of foreshadowing things to tell a much more interesting plot.

I'm going through Automata myself right now which I'm also enjoying a bunch. In Prey's defense though, the side missions are perhaps the most interesting I've come across in an FPS game in a long while. Well written, diverse group of characters that made the side missions interesting to engage in especially since some of them open up even more ways to finish the game.

I don't know if you managed to try
escaping Talos 1 by using Alex's escape pod before even Dahl arrives but when you do, you get a gameover screen with Alex saying "We failed. This isn't the one." lol.

Zaph

I really enjoyed the entire game - it managed to hit those System Shock 2 beats in a way nothing else has - but unfortunately I did a certain side-quest relatively early in the game which turned those subtle hints into a sledgehammer.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair with games like prey having lots of paths usually means some aren't as good as others.

I'm just waiting for a steam sale now because fuck bethesda for adding an extra 20usd for Australians.

Jason's real bad at discussing games, Jeff brings up valid complaints during injustice and all he ever manages to say boils down to 'well I liked it, so.' Not that I didn't already come to the conclusion a while ago but it makes for boring watching

I think I've figured out what's been missing with the new hires at GB since Ryan passed.

Someone funny.

I don't think I've laughed at anything Patrick, Jason, Dan, Rorie, or Ben have said... ever. And if I did, the joke was at their expense, not self-generated.

Austin was the closest I guess, and it looks like Abby could be one to make me laugh too. But Ryan was just on another level. I miss him. ;_;

P.S. I apologize if this post was mean-spirited, but it's just how I feel about the state of GB right now.

Mr. F

Banned
I think I've figured out what's been missing with the new hires at GB since Ryan passed.

Someone funny.

I don't think I've laughed at anything Patrick, Jason, Dan, Rorie, or Ben have said... ever. And if I did, the joke was at their expense, not self-generated.

Austin was the closest I guess, and it looks like Abby could be one to make me laugh too. But Ryan was just on another level. I miss him. ;_;

P.S. I apologize if this post was mean-spirited, but it's just how I feel about the state of GB right now.

You're not wrong. IMO Jeff is the only one on the site that's reliably funny, and even that is iffy at times as he doesn't have anyone to play off of at West. Vinny would be a closer second if he learned to reign it in now and again. Bakalar is actually pretty high up there too.

Ashby

You're not wrong. IMO Jeff is the only one on the site that's reliably funny, and even that is iffy at times as he doesn't have anyone to play off of at West. Vinny would be a closer second if he learned to reign it in now and again. Bakalar is actually pretty high up there too.

Bakalar's funnier than anyone that's ever been an Giant Bomb employee. The guy is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom