• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bakalar is low tier just for the fact that I can't stand his kissing noises anymore.

It somehow manages to sound wetter with every episode.

hamchan

Beastcast is lucky to have someone like Bakalar who sure doesn't need to come down to this level when he's the guy who runs cnet.com.

nghwbugq.gif

Ashby

Wait so Ben+Will+Rorie+Jason?

No Brad?

He's no Ryan.

Ryan was certainly neck-and-neck in my mind. For me Bakalar edges out simply because he's a fellow Jersey guy. More my sensibilities than Ryan and Jeff's California influence which occasionally would and does rub me the wrong way.

The Bakalar/Vinny dynamic is lowkey one of the best dynamics the site has ever had
Absolutely and like with Gerstmann it's not a case of "Vinny makes everyone great!" it's an equal pairing. Bakalar routinely makes Vinny funnier with his "Ay, I'm walking here!" shtick in reaction to Vinny's needling. It's very NJ/Long Island and I'm all about it. Austin was good for that too.

Ashby

There's a good amount of DC books Jeff would dig if he liked the stories in the Injustice games and I'm not just talking about the Injustice comics!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ryan was certainly neck-and-neck in my mind. For me Bakalar edges out simply because he's a fellow Jersey guy. More my sensibilities than Ryan and Jeff's California influence which occasionally would and does rub me the wrong way.

Rubs you the wrong way, dirtbag.

Antiwhippy

Oohh, thumper comes out for switch tomorrow. Wonder if alex will give it a look.

May is looking good for me switch-wise actually. Thumper and Disgaea 5 should do me good for awhile.

Tagyhag

I had my aeortic valve replaced with a mechanical one, and my root was 3x the size it should have been so they cut that down. I take coumadin and metropolol to help with the synthetic valve.

It's important to note: when you hang out with Ben, you can hear his mechanical valve 'ticking,' like a clock, almost. The ticking speeds up and slows down with his heart rate, and it's audible enough that you can actually hear it on our podcast sometimes. It's exactly as badass as you're imagining it to be.

FUCK that sounds cool.

Bakalar hyped up deconstructed cannoli as this enlightened future man's snack. Last week I had some at an event and Bakalar is wrong about cannoli. Even mini cannoli with its substandard balance of shell to filling are a superior way to eat cannoli. Can't trust him on anything. Is Hockey good? I don't know anymore.

Tagyhag

I dunno.

At some point you get so use to it you forget it's there but every now and again you will wonder if you are just use to it or if your cyborg heart has stopped working and you are gonna due.

Or it finally fused with your organic material and you're officially a cyborg.

Antiwhippy

Bakalar hyped up deconstructed cannoli as this enlightened future man's snack. Last week I had some at an event and Bakalar is wrong about cannoli. Even mini cannoli with its substandard balance of shell to filling are a superior way to eat cannoli. Can't trust him on anything. Is Hockey good? I don't know anymore.

Isn't a deconstructed cannoli just cannoli dip?

You can just control the filling to shell ratio in that case.

Ahh. I can't handle anything talking about hearts. Whenever I read it, I immediately feel like I am having a heart attack or similar.
I feel the same way when it comes to anything related to head trauma / brain surgery. I get all woozy and need to sit down.

daveo42

Banned
I love Bakalar. He's like the only force at East reigning in Vinny.

I wonder if Abby realized just how popular GB was before seeing that sign on Smackdown.

Well, if she was aware beforehand about Giant Bomb through wrestling, then she would have realized GB isn't all that popular. It's only wrestling. Now if she read People or followed the exploits of the white blinking guy, then she'd also realize the site does nothing more than podcasts.

TraBuch

Banned
Popular is probably the wrong word. Maybe I should've said "I wonder if Abby realized how dedicated the GB fanbase was before seeing that sign"?

Like, did she know GB was actually an extremely well-respected site? Or was she just looking for a job and stumbled upon this? I'm genuinely curious.

daveo42

Banned
TraBuch, it's probably the latter even though her actual gaming history played into her getting hired. I only heard of the site a few years ago and have been gaming for decades. Having gaming history doesn't mean you know about every aspect of the hobby.

Also is giantbomb actualy that popular outside of its dedicated core?

Their youtube views barely hit 20K.

Real Talk: Site numbers are probably higher but we don't have those to confirm how popular they are with nonmembers. I think the best metric would be their draw of live views during free E3 or GotY streams. So...they are probably more popular than we give them credit for, but still not really all that popular or well known to the general public.

Antiwhippy

Popular is probably the wrong word. Maybe I should've said "I wonder if Abby realized how dedicated the GB fanbase was before seeing that sign"?

Like, did she know GB was actually an extremely well-respected site? Or was she just looking for a job and stumbled upon this? I'm genuinely curious.

I feel like not really being aware can be a benefit. Bring in something fresh.

She comes across more early drew so far.

swimbuff

Also is giantbomb actualy that popular outside of its dedicated core?

Their youtube views barely hit 20K.
They've said that the Giant Bombcast is by far the most popular thing they do. It regularly charts on iTunes in the Games category and many of their listeners don't even go to the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom