• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

J_Viper

It only now just occurred to me there will never be another Drew-Dan-Brett Demo Derby

Maybe they should move that feature to GBeast

That Nick Robinson thread is depressing and getting creepy. Mostly just people looking for drama and poring over a woman's twitter looking for every scrap of dirt. 99% of it is just gossip and everyone thinks they're on the jury in the court of public opinion. Hate that shit.
Yep, it's kinda pathetic

Just finished Get Even. One of the better B games I have played that's for sure, it does some super interesting things with neuroscience, memories and simulation. Part FPS, part walking simulator was a fascinating mix that I'm not sure fully worked out by the end but the story kept me hooked and it had a decent end to it all. It's quite an ambitious game in what it's trying to do when you want to piece together the entire narrative structure and while not everything gels together easily(you have to go through things again/think about it), it succeeds more than it fails and ultimately it impressed me by the end.

Also, for the love of all that is holy, give this game an award for best use of sound in a video game. The way they use ambient sounds with the soundtrack throughout the game to rise the tension and maintain it is inspired.

I just tried french fries with mayo because of how adamant do of you guys were, and my one word review of fries with mayo is:
Basura

Salarians

tried mayo + fries once and it didn't do anything for me

truly good fries don't need anything on them anyway

well, maybe some malt vinegar

Just finished Get Even. One of the better B games I have played that's for sure, it does some super interesting things with neuroscience, memories and simulation. Part FPS, part walking simulator was a fascinating mix that I'm not sure fully worked out by the end but the story kept me hooked and it had a decent end to it all. It's quite an ambitious game in what it's trying to do when you want to piece together the entire narrative structure and while not everything gels together easily(you have to go through things again/think about it), it succeeds more than it fails and ultimately it impressed me by the end.

Also, for the love of all that is holy, give this game an award for best use of sound in a video game. The way they use ambient sounds with the soundtrack throughout the game to rise the tension and maintain it is inspired.
this is the game with the soundtrack by the guy that did Remember Me, yeah? I should play this

this is the game with the soundtrack by the guy that did Remember Me, yeah? I should play this

Yup, I would say the soundtrack is good but the way it is used in game and how it's mixed with other sounds is what makes it a stand out. There are moments where it kind of left me feeling breathless even though nothing is happening lol.

oti

Banned
Maybe it's because we live near Belgium but thinking mayo + fries was something weird is completely incomprehensible to me.

2MfwRc8.png

That Nick Robinson thread is depressing and getting creepy. Mostly just people looking for drama and poring over a woman's twitter looking for every scrap of dirt. 99% of it is just gossip and everyone thinks they're on the jury in the court of public opinion. Hate that shit.

I'm curious if (at whatever level) that is brought up on The Bombcast.

Guess Who

Banned
It only now just occurred to me there will never be another Drew-Dan-Brett Demo Derby

Maybe they should move that feature to GBeast

Demo Derby without Jeff isn't worth watching tbh

i wasn't into the pre-jeff DDs before anyone points out those existed

I'm curious if (at whatever level) that is brought up on The Bombcast.

Exactly none is my guess. Why would they talk about it? I don't even think they should, it's barely elevated gossip. A guy that used to intern for them is a creepazoid and has been suspended from Polygon. Not much else to say other than "don't be a creep and leave everyone involved the hell alone"

Aselith

Exactly none is my guess. Why would they talk about it? I don't even think they should, it's barely elevated gossip. A guy that used to intern for them is a creepazoid and has been suspended from Polygon. Not much else to say other than "don't be a creep and leave everyone involved the hell alone"

Uh...no it's not. There's screenshots out there of what he did. That's not gossip.

Aselith

Yes. And? Why does that need to be talked about on the bombcast?

It doesn't need to be if they don't want to talk about it. However, harassment of women in the industry to varying degrees is an ongoing problem in the industry and it's worth talking about. Not to mention that this is an individual that was tied to their organization by him starting out there and being close friends with some of their employees.

And certainly dismissing it as "just gossip" when people are telling you they were harassed and there are screenshots of the harassment being shown in conjunction with many the accusers is a little off the mark.

Is one of those codes for Splinter Cell Blacklist? I encourage anyone to jump on that I'll gladly join them for some co-op in the best game.

Yep. I have a Blacklist code and a Chaos Theory code to give out (both uPlay). PM me if you want one of them. (anybody, not just Joeku)

It doesn't need to be if they don't want to talk about it. However, harassment of women in the industry to varying degrees is an ongoing problem in the industry and it's worth talking about. Not to mention that this is an individual that was tied to their organization by him starting out there and being close friends with some of their employees.

And certainly dismissing it as "just gossip" when people are telling you they were harassed and there are screenshots of the harassment being shown in conjunction with many the accusers is a little off the mark.

I'm not dismissing the actual allegations as gossip, I 100% believe that where there is smoke, there's fire in this case, even before the DMs. I was trying to say, badly perhaps, that them talking about it would amount to little more than gossip since none of them are directly involved in this so they really can't say more than "don't harass women", since Nick hasn't been affiliated with any GB stuff in forever. It would just be platitudes probably.

I can see Austin talking about it on Waypoint Radio though since he actually has put a lot of thought into this specifically, as you can see on his twitter.

Joeku

Yep. I have a Blacklist code and a Chaos Theory code to give out (both uPlay). PM me if you want one of them.

No I already have Blacklist, but I'll take any excuse to play it again. I encourage anyone interested in good stealth to check it out, then play the co-op with me!

Aselith

I'm not dismissing the actual allegations as gossip, I 100% believe that where there is smoke, there's fire in this case, even before the DMs. I was trying to say, badly perhaps, that them talking about it would amount to little more than gossip since none of them are directly involved in this so they really can't say more than "don't harass women", since Nick hasn't been affiliated with any GB stuff in forever. It would just be platitudes probably.

I can see Austin talking about it on Waypoint Radio though since he actually has put a lot of thought into this specifically, as you can see on his twitter.

Yeah, understandable. Individual members have already offered comment on it via twitter so I could definitely see them just letting that be their comment rather than organizationally going into it.

Top Bottom