• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a great edition of Murder Island. I don't know if it's because (almost) the whole crew gets together or what but I can't get enough of them playing PUBG.

Dan really put in an MVP performance in that last round. Bravo. Spicy is the only way to play.

Wonder what would have happened if Dan didn't shoot at the car. Just hid in the bush.
They must have realised they outnumbered the other players when they decided to use the car. They'd keep driving around, the circle would contract, and they'd run Dan down when he tried to enter it. They couldn't risk Dan picking them off one by one; they must have heard his suppressor earlier.

I imagine their plan was more to flush him out, no matter what happened to the car and its driver (I think one dude was driving, with three more alive), rather than just ram him with it, but eh.

Wunder

They must have realised they outnumbered the other players when they decided to use the car. They'd keep driving around, the circle would contract, and they'd run Dan down when he tried to enter it.

I imagine their plan was more to flush him out, no matter what happened to the car, rather than just ram him with it, but eh.

yeah it looked like maybe it was just one guy in the car playing decoy to flush him out while the other two go on foot and pick him off. So even if he did blow the car up they'd at least know his location.

But I didn't really get a close look at the car so couldve been the whole squad in there

patapuf

They must have realised they outnumbered the other players when they decided to use the car. They'd keep driving around, the circle would contract, and they'd run Dan down when he tried to enter it. They couldn't risk Dan picking them off one by one; they must have heard his suppressor earlier.

I imagine their plan was more to flush him out, no matter what happened to the car and its driver (I think one dude was driving, with three more alive), rather than just ram him with it, but eh.

This works so well if you have superior numbers. I got at least 3 dinners with one of the squad running over/flushing out the remaining players.

Even if they have an S12K and fuck up the car you know where they are.

xuchu

AR suppressor it GOAT upgrade when the circle gets small, when it's on the first few it's tied with the ACOG or 8X

Man, he was picking guys off left, right and centre with that suppressor.

Too bad the 10 energy drinks didn't save him from getting run over though. Still, well played colonel Ryckert.

Wunder

AR suppressor it GOAT upgrade when the circle gets small, when it's on the first few it's tied with the ACOG or 8X

I'd probably say the opposite, when the circle is tiny you'll almost always hear suppressed shots. It might be slightly harder to tell where they are, but it greatly loses effectiveness in close proximity

I'd probably say the opposite, when the circle is tiny you'll almost always hear suppressed shots. It might be slightly harder to tell where they are, but it greatly loses effectiveness in close proximity

But a ACOG or 8X completely lose their effectiveness when the circle is really small, that tiny bit of advantage you have with the suppressor puts it above anything else.

Zaph

IYdR8AW.png

Guys, PUBG is winning GOTY.

It's the Hitman factor all over.

It's a gold mine of content and joy for all viewers and Giant Bomb staff.

Zelda this, Yakuza that, Nier who.

PLAYERUNKNOWNBATTLEGROUNDS WILL BE GIANT BOMB'S GAME OF THE YEAR 2017.

SET IT IN STONE, HEATHENS.

PLAYERUNKNOWNBATTLERGROUNDS WILL BE GIANT BOMB'S GAME OF THE YEAR 2017.

There's five months to go and they'll burn out long before that.

Also, it will still be in Early Access. Such is the way of things.

Phatmac

PLAYERUNKNOWNBATTLERGROUNDS WILL BE GIANT BOMB'S GAME OF THE YEAR 2017.

I think I'm ready to accept this. I don't have a PC, so I'm going to be needlessly salty when they talk about it during GOTY.

justjim89

Best moment or sequence: The cannery in Edith Finch. Nothing I've done in games for the past few years compares in terms of story and gameplay integration.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Best moment or sequence: The cannery in Edith Finch. Nothing I've done in games for the past few years compares in terms of story and gameplay integration.

It's not my moment or sequence of the year in terms of that but definitely top 3. Insanely cool moment.

Listening to the Beastcast

"I hate when a series goes up its own ass"

I almost believed that no one was going to call him out but thankfully he called himself out and Jeff came in with the closer

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For edith finch though, i kinda wish the game spent more time on showing
Edie's own delusions on glorifying deaths. I know the whole game is kinda about that, but the game itself seem to want to glorify death in fantastical ways too that doesn't quite gel with me.

To me it didn't really quite make the transition from fantasy to farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom