• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Xater

bildschirmfoto2014-101rsn7.png

Xater

I did the raid earlier for the first time and it was great we had a couple of people though who knew what to do. Still took some time but we did it.

Aon

I think part of it is that MGS1's environmental design seemed perfect for the PS1's hardware. It's a grungy and dirty industrial complex in the middle of a snowy wasteland. Warped, pixelated textures, crude harsh lighting, and chunky models at a janky framerate just seemed to work somehow. Presenting it with sharper textures and cleaner graphics at 60fps somehow sterilized it.

I would agree, but I feel that MGS4's rendition of Shadow Moses was extremely evocative of what they were trying to go for with MGS1.

Xater

Wait, didn't Bungie really push how (like many MMO's) the game 'starts' at endgame? And there's one raid? One?

I hope it's bloody big.

We did it in around 3 hours earlier with a lot of first timers. You can get that time down. More raids will come with the expansions and if they are as good as this one that's really exciting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He said on Twitter that he wanted to do it with people who hadn't finished the raid before.
I would say there's one section that is extremely frustrating without instruction. Although there are a lot of gimmicks that they really don't explain whatsoever, so figuring those out as well would take a lot of time.

But that one section... holy shit.

FStop7

Banned
Wait, didn't Bungie really push how (like many MMO's) the game 'starts' at endgame? And there's one raid? One?

I hope it's bloody big.

It's not that big but it's good. I haven't played it but I've watched several streamers run through it on Twitch. It's fun, not to mention the lighting effects in the dark caverns are gorgeous: the weapon beams, the teleport effect as the Vex come in, etc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's not that big but it's good. I haven't played it but I've watched several streamers run through it on Twitch. It's fun, not to mention the lighting effects in the dark caverns are gorgeous: the weapon beams, the teleport effect as the Vex come in, etc.
I think most of the fun comes from the teamwork aspect of it. It's probably the only time in the game where working together means more than just staying alive so that you can revive people.

Zaph

We did it in around 3 hours earlier with a lot of first timers. You can get that time down. More raids will come with the expansions and if they are as good as this one that's really exciting.

Being fair, is big and difficult. Introduces new elements (that only appear there).

Fair play - a quality, expansive experience is far more preferred to filler content. I'm guessing there are other end-game activities too?

Myggen

oh God. Patrick's twitter is about to blow up. You would think he of all people would know better.

Because of this?

.@leighalexander is one of those writers that makes you angry at how well she articulates something, because you wish you could. Invaluable.

If that's all it takes for twitter to blow up, fuck 'em. The fucking gamergate crowd is long lost already, so who cares.

Top Bottom