• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

LuchaShaq

Banned
Patrick's comments are simply baffling. No matter what you think about her politics or personality she is consistently one of the worst writers I see with stuff passed around. Her shit is unbearable to read on a mechanical level.

I wish people would stop promoting her as some important female games writer when she might be the worst female writer of any medium I can actually name. I felt this way even before her drunken Nazi rants years ago or whatever nonsense she and gamergate are mixed up in.

Chuck

Still without luck
Patrick's comments are simply baffling. No matter what you think about her politics or personality she is consistently one of the worst writers I see with stuff passed around. Her shit is unbearable to read on a mechanical level.

My thoughts pretty much.

I find both of their writing styles tough to read, actual content aside (I am looking at your MOMA, now MOMO article Patrick). You shouldn't have the comments section fix your syntax or basic typos. When Leigh was on some of the earlier Bombcasts, some of her comments were baffling to put it nicely but I enjoyed the lunacy/WTH comments she brought honestly.

Myggen

Watching this F1 QL, MGS etc., it's insane how much Drew has improved in front of a mic/camera since he first began appearing in content on GB years ago. And how much he has improved especially since he became a regular on the Bombcast. A couple of years ago I didn't dream of him becoming such a big part of the site's content like he is now, and it's glorious.

Great work!

Watching this F1 QL, MGS etc., it's insane how much Drew has improved in front of a mic/camera since he first began appearing in content on GB years ago. And how much he has improved especially since he became a regular on the Bombcast. A couple of years ago I didn't dream of him becoming such a big part of the site's content like he is now, and it's glorious.

Great work!

It was the proto-Flight Club content that made me realize how awesome Drew was. I wish they'd bring that feature back!

Balb

I find both of their writing styles tough to read, actual content aside (I am looking at your MOMA, now MOMO article Patrick). You shouldn't have the comments section fix your syntax or basic typos. When Leigh was on some of the earlier Bombcasts, some of her comments were baffling to put it nicely but I enjoyed the lunacy/WTH comments she brought honestly.

With the exception of her Nazi comments (admittedly it's hard to overlook such comments for some but I digress) I actually enjoyed listening to what she had to say on those bombcasts. I never understood the hate.

With the exception of her Nazi comments (admittedly it's hard to overlook such comments for some but I digress) I actually enjoyed listening to what she had to say on those bombcasts. I never understood the hate.
He took over the e3 bombcasts by being drunkenly loud and somewhat terrible. From fetishizing nazi uniforms to going off on long an uninterrupted tangents about how great metal gear is, she was a negative force in those bombcasts.

When they gave her a redemption shot the following year, she kinda messed it up again. She was just a bad guest a couple of years in a row, and then she stood by her sloppiness and controversial opinions by pulling the gender card, so she also handled the aftermath poorly.

I get why people didn't care for it at the time, but it's been years already. Let that shit go.

All this crap made me do is throw some serious shade at Intel and throw her some cash for her GDC ebook. It's all some major, major league bullshit and I can let money talk, too.

What could Drew have done better in the Liquid fight? It looked miserable but I can't even remember it from when I played MGS,
The liquid fight is super simple: get 2-3 hits, and then run. When he charges for his rush, avoid it. It has an obvious tell to it.

It wouldn't take a normal person more than a couple of tries, but he seemed frustrated and probably was overthinking the whole thing.

Balb

What could Drew have done better in the Liquid fight? It looked miserable but I can't even remember it from when I played MGS,

He was too dead set on hitting his 3-hit combo regardless of whether Liquid blocked 2 of them with his blinking invincibility frames or not. The fight isn't as easy as it looks though because I remember that being a semi-frustrating fight during my first playthrough.

daydream

Banned
Who are we expecting is going to play avalon tomorrow? The full gang or what?

I don't know how many people are required to play Avalon but I'm guessing it's either the main crew, main crew + Rorie or main crew + Rorie + ???, depending if it's a 4-, 5- or 6-player game.

I guess Jeff wasn't part of Pathfinder but if this is a detective game that involves psychology, it might appeal to him more.

Myggen

I don't know how many people are required to play Avalon but I'm guessing it's either the main crew, main crew + Rorie or main crew + Rorie + ???, depending if it's a 4-, 5- or 6-player game.

I guess Jeff wasn't part of Pathfinder but if this is a detective game that involves psychology, it might appeal to him more.

Avalan is like a 7-8 game ideally I think, so the more the merrier.

Zaph

The more Karl Pilkington I watch, the more intelligent I think he is. He has honestly said some crazy shit that actually made me reexamine preconceptions I had about something. I'm waiting for a similarly philosophic Dan moment. I may be waiting a while.
I've talked to him twice, you are correct about his intelligence.

The guy you see on TV and the old XFM shows is real and not an act, but he has far more comedic skills and natural entertainer tendencies than people realise.

The only part that's kinda 'faked' is him hiding how much he actually appreciates travelling and seeing the world on the show.

The parallels with Dan are obvious. He may say some dumb stuff, but most if it is clearly for entertainment value. Can't fault someone for wanting to enjoy life and entertain others.

Mary should join the fun.

I've talked to him twice, you are correct about his intelligence.

The guy you see on TV and the old XFM shows is real and not an act, but he has far more comedic skills and natural entertainer tendencies than people realise.

The only part that's kinda 'faked' is him hiding how much he actually appreciates travelling and seeing the world on the show.

The parallels with Dan are obvious. He may say some dumb stuff, but most if it is clearly for entertainment value. Can't fault someone for wanting to enjoy life and entertain others.

Can't blame him.

Like one time, this guy annoyed me in high school. Pushed me from behind. So I go in to punch him, and my pants fall down as my fist is flying because I wasn't wearing a belt.

This is during gym. Outside. With about 100 students standing around. It was a non-gym dress day. Hoo boy, that was a blast.

Myggen

Dan's answer to someone's comment under the Mailbag:

@poortommy said:
Dan's the new Brad for Mailbags!

Next step: Usurp the Bombcast.

We're pretty much the same guy.

I can't tell the difference.

2686582-ok.gif

erawsd

Great work!

Yeah, absolutely. To me it seems like he really blossomed when Vinny left earlier this year, I wonder if its because he felt some pressure to contribute a bit more. Prior to that I use to forget he was even on the podcast.

Top Bottom