• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

You're like the coolest person in this thread.
Haha, cheers for that! You're pretty cool yourself. Since I didn't see anyone else respond to this from the other day, I wasted some time on it.

Are you now? ;)

someone needs to make a dany m friendly gif.

C3v7gT8.gif

Corgi

Banned
so i was a sucker that instantly bought MGS HD collection after finishing metal gear scanlon.

I'ved beaten 1, but none of the other. Should i beat them before season 2?

hmmmm...

so i was a sucker that instantly bought MGS HD collection after finishing metal gear scanlon.

I'ved beaten 1, but none of the other. Should i beat them before season 2?

hmmmm...
I recommend you do, if you want it to make any sense at all. It's gonna be hard to follow some of the end game while having 2 dudes talk over it.

Corgi

Banned
Shit. Should have just bought mgs hd on PS3 instead of vita lol.

Is peace walker must play? Heard it was pretty hard doing solo.

I can forgive Eva for being terrible and full of terrible ideas that became terrible tropes

I can't forgive every other anime copying everything that was bad in EVA and making half the genre completely unwatchable by anyone who isn't a psychopath or otherwise dead inside.

I hope Dan watches EVA.

I like the MGS1 musical score best.

MGS2 had that GOAT theme and some good songs over the ending but I wasnt feeling the boss theme and the big shell songs.

MGS1 OST is just atmospheric as hell. Its help back by its midi-ness but other then that I like almost all of it.

I like the MGS1 musical score best.

MGS2 had that GOAT theme and some good songs over the ending but I wasnt feeling the boss theme and the big shell songs.

MGS1 OST is just atmospheric as hell. Its help back by its midi-ness but other then that I like almost all of it.

I enjoyed "Yell Dead Cell" from MGS2, but my favorite track in the series is easily MGS3. It's so..........raw. So.....jungle...ish?

This probably doesn't count, but a music remix from the original MG games was released called 'Metal Gear>>Solid Snake/Red Disc', and it's hands down one of my favorite collections. My favorite song from that album-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xdUU_SJf9k

Xyber

Does the gameplay of 2 hold up? Didn't have much trouble with 1 as drew, but some parts were quite frustrating due to controls.

Yes, holds up just fine. Even played good emulated with a 360 pad when I played it last year. Not the best way to play it though.. :p

Fox318

I can forgive Eva for being terrible and full of terrible ideas that became terrible tropes

I can't forgive every other anime copying everything that was bad in EVA and making half the genre completely unwatchable by anyone who isn't a psychopath or otherwise dead inside.

I hope Dan watches EVA.

If there was a space probe that would contain the masterpieces of human artistic work I would make sure Evangelion is on it.

Next to the works of Shakespeare, Wagner, da Vinci, Hokusai, and Pauly Shore.

Nephrahim

Yes, holds up just fine. Even played good emulated with a 360 pad when I played it last year. Not the best way to play it though.. :p

Did you know there's literally a PC port of MGS2? I'm going to try and get it to work after I finish MGS on PC, which is mostly fine (The only problem is codecs and cut scenes move faster then the audio, so it gets out of sync.)

Xyber

Did you know there's literally a PC port of MGS2? I'm going to try and get it to work after I finish MGS on PC, which is mostly fine (The only problem is codecs and cut scenes move faster then the audio, so it gets out of sync.)

Yes, but I had some trouble with it. Think I couldn't get triggers to work or something so I just emulated instead.

Nephrahim

Yes, but I had some trouble with it. Think I couldn't get triggers to work or something so I just emulated instead.

Ooof, I hope have more luck. I tried emulation but the random slowdown bugged me, the game is clearly meant to be played as a locked 60 FPS.

Nephrahim

rps20141005_020322_149.jpg

I think I did alright for my first time (Though unlike Drew, I have played MGS2 and 3 before.

I'm glad this series made me go back and give it a fair chance. It was a pretty fun game, besides a few stupid parts (The fist-fight was still stupid, even though I didn't have too much trouble)

we should get back to wrestling talk instead of anime

Fritz Von Erich is a piece of shit.

Savage was in the right 100%

Reigns isn't ready; even come Wrestlemania season

Starrcade 1997 should've killed the nWo permanently with Sting winning the title fair and square.

Ric Flair's core wrestling talent is a bit overrated, GOAT promo yes.

Shibata's gotta win the title within the year 2015 from Okada after Okada beats Styles at Wrestle Kingdom 9 at the Tokyo Dome.

Dean Malenko is a motherfucker. So is Ronnie Garvin.

Vader should've gone over Michaels at Summerslam but Michaels was such a dick.

Daniel Bryan is going to win the Rumble at number 2.

Fuck John Cena

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah right. Just assumed that the script that determines the timezones would update itself to consider daylight savings.

Darklord

Banned
Nah, see, Dan just takes those little moments of shameful naiveté that we all experience and broadcasts them to the world. While the rest of us are opening incognito windows to Google how to use bleach, Dan is immortalizing it on twitter. I wish I had his moxie.

This is so true.

daydream

Banned
Really glad Drew released the b-roll. 1. More roller coaster footage! 2. Really lets us appreciate the editing. 3. The hell did
Jason
come from. :D

ST2K

I felt really weird watching those Twin Snakes cinematics and thinking how awesome they were when the guys were talking shit on them.

I'm usually not the person to enjoy cheese, but I think those scenes really enhance the goofy greatness of Metal Gear Solid.

Nephrahim

I felt really weird watching those Twin Snakes cinematics and thinking how awesome they were when the guys were talking shit on them.

I'm usually not the person to enjoy cheese, but I think those scenes really enhance the goofy greatness of Metal Gear Solid.

Only Brad really seemed to be down on them, and in particular only really the rocket scene. I think they were just saying they're not really the same tone as MGS1.

I agree with someone else (Here?) said: That they're a telling of the myth of Solid Snake.

Top Bottom