• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

hitgirl

In any other case I would not talk about "spoilers" to an event, in this case (seeing as someone in now in hospital with a chance of dying), I would happily tell you I do not give a fuck about your insignificant little problems

Calm down internet bro, all I knew was there's a crash involved. Crashes happen every race. I did not know it was serious until now.

The uncut video is making me nervous. I don't do well with roller coasters because I get motion sick super easily. It reminds me of the one time in my life I rode a coaster 3 times in a row and then wanted to die for about 2 hours afterwards.

As a reporter, the most interesting part of the rollercoaster uncut video was seeing how Drew captures B-roll. I need to do stuff like that when I'm covering events, so it's always interesting seeing how others prioritise and capture things.

dan was able to rope his grandpa into his stupid hijinks?

Brnuo8f.png

Dan was a stud

Yeah, Im interested if he tried to explain to him the story behind what he was doing.

hitgirl

Seriously though, there's been some spectacular crashes this season and everyone has walked away unharmed. I've though I watched Maldonado kill himself about 4 times this season, but the cars are engineered to be so safe now adays. So when I saw Bianchi and crash in same sentence my mind doesn't go directly to him being in critical condition. I thought it as a spoiler for the end of the race, thought well it's raining probably so they could have started on a safety car which means Rosberg 1st place is secure and if there's a safety car again then he pretty much has this race in the bag. Anyways, I hope Bianchi pulls through; something messed up must have happened because like I said the cars are well engineered for safety now adays.

kuppy

Yikes, the raw roller coaster video, didn't notice before that Dan was playing with the circle pad. Also greatly highlighted the editing once more.

Talon

Asian groups tend to hate each other, or at least the older generation does. That's the impression I get.
China warred and then subjugated Korea on-and-off for a millennium.
China and Japan warred on-and-off for about two centuries.
Korea was the little bitch third-wheel that was passed between the two countries.
Japan raped and pillaged Korea for a century - literally trying to extinguish Korean culture by teaching Japanese and banning Korean signage.
Japan then raped and pillaged China for a few decades.

So east Asian countries have not historically gotten along.

Economically, Korea and Japan dictated strict foreign tariffs to protect domestic goods, so there's even a brand-alignment that's (un)intentionally created - e.g. circa 2002, a Ford Taurus or Toyota Camry cost the equivalent of $70k in South Korea, where as the Hyundai or Kia equivalent car costs about $25k.

More recently, Korean firms and Chinese firms have literally stolen Japanese intellectual property and processes (1. "We'll manufacturer your goods for you. For cheap!" 2. "Wait, we just learned everything we need to make televisions." 3. "Fuck off, we're making our own TVs." to enter high tech industries to great success.

So international lawsuits ahoy.

East Asia is a silly place. Except silly would be the wrong word considering all the horrible shit that's happened between the three countries. :|

two years late to the party, but the last 10 minutes or so of the Lantern Run is one of the most ridiculous and uncomfortable things on the site.

demidar

China warred and then subjugated Korea on-and-off for a millennium.
China and Japan warred on-and-off for about two centuries.
Korea was the little bitch third-wheel that was passed between the two countries.
Japan raped and pillaged Korea for a century - literally trying to extinguish Korean culture by teaching Japanese and banning Korean signage.
Japan then raped and pillaged China for a few decades.

So east Asian countries have not historically gotten along.

Economically, Korea and Japan dictated strict foreign tariffs to protect domestic goods, so there's even a brand-alignment that's (un)intentionally created - e.g. circa 2002, a Ford Taurus or Toyota Camry cost the equivalent of $70k in South Korea, where as the Hyundai or Kia equivalent car costs about $25k.

More recently, Korean firms and Chinese firms have literally stolen Japanese intellectual property and processes (1. "We'll manufacturer your goods for you. For cheap!" 2. "Wait, we just learned everything we need to make televisions." 3. "Fuck off, we're making our own TVs." to enter high tech industries to great success.

So international lawsuits ahoy.

East Asia is a silly place. Except silly would be the wrong word considering all the horrible shit that's happened between the three countries. :|

Sounds about right. Japan hasn't done a terribly good job of making reparations though.

Myggen

Seriously.... Jeez some people.

To be fair, people had explained how awful that crash was just a few posts above yours, so if you saw that people were talking about the crash it was a pretty safe assumption that you also saw the posts saying that the guy got a serious head injury. And with that assumption, you have to understand that complaining about "spoilers" seems shitty given the circumstances.

kiyomi

I watched that MGS trailer-a-thon with Drew and Dan and honestly, as someone who is in the same position as Drew (recently finished MGS for the first time, playing MGS2 now), I kinda wish he hadn't seen those trailers. They're hella spoilery. I'm really glad I didn't see them before I started MGS2.

Myggen

I watched that MGS trailer-a-thon with Drew and Dan and honestly, as someone who is in the same position as Drew (recently finished MGS for the first time, playing MGS2 now), I kinda wish he hadn't seen those trailers. They're hella spoilery. I'm really glad I didn't see them before I started MGS2.

The MGS2 trailer isn't very spoiler-y at all for the full game. Some plot points and characters revealed, but no big deal. The trailers of MGS3 on the other hand...

kiyomi

The MGS2 trailer isn't very spoiler-y at all for the full game. Some plot points and characters revealed, but no big deal. The trailers of MGS3 on the other hand...

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, sure, they're not huge spoilers, I just felt like there were some cool moments that might not shine as brightly as if he had gone into the game more blind.

I'm particularly sensitive to spoilers in trailers and stuff, so I'm probably not the most objective person about this.

Wunder

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, sure, they're not huge spoilers, I just felt like there were some cool moments that might not shine as brightly as if he had gone into the game more blind.

I'm particularly sensitive to spoilers in trailers and stuff, so I'm probably not the most objective person about this.

he'll forget em once he returns from vacation im sure

Agreed. the Liquid arm reveal is such a great & dramatic moment, I wished they'd stopped at the second one, which hints at it, but shows nothing.

Myggen

I should rewatch that. I remember it being absolutely brutal.

I've never rewatched the part where Ryan says "faggot" because I think it'll just be too uncomfortable. I never really held it against him for using that word (as a gay man I've had Norwegian versions of that word being used against me a few times), but man that's not something I want to watch again. Still, that feature as a whole is pretty incredible.

I've never rewatched the part where Ryan says "faggot" because I think it'll just be too uncomfortable. I never really held it against him for using that word (as a gay man I've had Norwegian versions of that word being used against me a few times), but man that's not something I want to watch again. Still, that feature as a whole is pretty incredible.
Jeez. I must have missed that feature.

*opens giantbomb.com*

They silenced it on the archived version. Don't even notice anything was cut out when watching it.

Myggen

Jeez. I must have missed that feature.

*opens giantbomb.com*

Heh, IIRC they censored that part (the video is still uncut, but they muted those few seconds), so the only way to get that whole...experience was to watch it live.

It's this video btw

It's a great video and Ryan made a mistake and owned up to it.

Yeah totally, and because of that there was remarkably little controversy around it, which is a good thing.

daydream

Banned

Yeah, they cut it out, thankfully. I don't think I saw it live originally, so I never heard it. Btw I don't know if you remember but Ryan even wrote a blog post about it.

chogidogs

Nah, that was an hilarious insult to a friend which only affected Vinny. What Ryan said wasn't funny or smart and was offensive to a minority group which have never had strong representation on the site.

I'm considering it as something that was said without context of the situation. Alot of people still say retard out of childhood habit. It's still bad but the other thing was completely removed of any form of past conditioning.

Myggen

I'm considering it as something that was said without context of the situation. Alot of people still say retard out of childhood habit. It's still bad but the other thing was completely removed of any form of past conditioning.

Still, the word itself is offensive, regardless of context. You don't go and blurt out the N word in a video and expect it to not cause a stir, regardless of the fact that you didn't mean it. Same with this word.

But water under the bridge, wasn't a big deal and we've moved on a long time ago.

it's edited to the point where it doesn't even sound like anything is cut out, except he then immediately starts apologizing profusely which had me confused.

And then Brad turned off the game without seeing the score and everybody walked off angry. That's probably the most legit angry I've seen any of those guys on a video.

Also Will Smith probably single-handedly torpedoed them more than any other factor.

Zaph

I'm in a similar position (know nothing about MGS other than the character twist) and tbh, I've already forgotten the trailer aside from big fucking boat and woman with a big fucking gun.

I imagine it's one of the things that you only realise is a spoiler when you've played it and watched it again, or played it immediately after.

chogidogs

Still, the word itself is offensive, regardless of context. You don't go and blurt out the N word in a video and expect it to not cause a stir, regardless of the fact that you didn't mean it. Same with this word.

But water under the bridge, wasn't a big deal and we've moved on a long time ago.

It is. I've been called that before but I guess I'd find it more offensive if someone implied I showed myself to children on a regular basis. Again out of context. Weekends, huh?

Top Bottom