• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

popo

*psst* Vinny!

roadside-assistance-simulator-1658.jpg

Zaph

Samantha Kalman is on BitAM this morning? I'm going to have to actually watch that one, she's pretty great.

Still waiting for my Code Bombcast. Come on Brad, get on it. Grab Samantha, Cowboy and a forth guest, then nerd out every couple months.

Myggen

Did I miss the Extra Life Stream? :O

No, it's at the end of this month. The official date is the 25th of October.

Still waiting for my Code Bombcast. Come on Brad, get on it. Grab Samantha, Cowboy and a forth guest, then nerd out every couple months.

Aw yeah, that would be awesome. I've been saying that they should bring Cowboy in on some content that's not the E3/GDC live shows for years now, if he's willing to do it. That dude always have interesting things to say, so something like that would be super interesting.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
He's said that he'd like to, nothing confirmed yet.

Thanks, hope he does it.

Samantha Kalman is on BitAM this morning? I'm going to have to actually watch that one, she's pretty great.

They need to get her on gb for a dedicated n64 stream. iirc, they half-suggested such a thing when they had her on the bombcast and were discussing said n64.

Agreed, Cowboy is good regular guest during E3/GDC
He doesn't get to say much though, at least in the last couple E3 streams I remember. There's always other prior dominating the conversation. I hope next year they schedule him with other developers, as the Jaffe/Muir/Cowboy segment from a few years ago is still one of my favorites.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Brad Muir and/or Dave Lang, both are longtime programmers. Their retrospectives are some of my favourite GB content.

They could probably also get Oliver Franzke, who's lead programmer at Double Fine.

Starting to catch up on UPFs, and I watched the one where Alex played Tomodachi Life.... Let's just say it's been a long time since I've laughed so hard I've been in tears lol.

I like spaghettiiiiiiiiiiii

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Starting to catch up on UPFs, and I watched the one where Alex played Tomodachi Life.... Let's just say it's been a long time since I've laughed so hard I've been in tears lol.

I like spaghettiiiiiiiiiiii

That's such a good one. Gonna download it and watch it again.

Recorded a quick podcast with fellow duders @matt, @bollard, @shinboy630 and @thurbleton with regards to the upcoming Extra Life 2014 and Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run Goes Forth events.

Highlights include...
  • I kind of waffle on about charity streaming, and how getting a group together to take part and watch and chat and donate all together is A Cool Thing To Do.
  • I mispronounce Chase Pettit's name (developer of fine products such as www.explosiveruns.com and the upcoming PSX masterwork Drift Stage).
  • I recorded the whole thing in multi-track using the .ogg file type.
There'll be more threads and stuff going up on Giant Bomb dot com over the coming days and weeks.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
already missing Metal Gear Scanlon. It's making me want to drag out my copy of MGS2, it's been years since I've played it.

Hoping for a gigantic "Drew visits Another Communist Country" debriefing, with pictures and video. Will make for a great time, Comrades!

Myggen

Recorded a quick podcast with fellow duders @matt, @bollard, @shinboy630 and @thurbleton with regards to the upcoming Extra Life 2014 and Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run Goes Forth events.

Highlights include...
  • I kind of waffle on about charity streaming, and how getting a group together to take part and watch and chat and donate all together is A Cool Thing To Do.
  • I mispronounce Chase Pettit's name (developer of fine products such as www.explosiveruns.com and the upcoming PSX masterwork Drift Stage).
  • I recorded the whole thing in multi-track using the .ogg file type.
There'll be more threads and stuff going up on Giant Bomb dot com over the coming days and weeks.

ibgjpqdhqzl09W.gif

already missing Metal Gear Scanlon. It's making me want to drag out my copy of MGS2, it's been years since I've played it.

Hoping for a gigantic "Drew visits Another Communist Country" debriefing, with pictures and video. Will make for a great time, Comrades!

I went and bought the HD collection yesterday. Hadn't played MGS2 since it first released on XBox and I didn't really remember a single thing about it. So much so that the bonus episode of MGScanlon made me instantly want to play it again after watching the trailer.

Having not played a MG game since then made it extra frustrating getting used to the controls for the first hour or so.

Bacon

the tea party of videogames

I haven't kept up with the "scandal" because I found the whole thing so asinine from the start, so that thread was the first time I got to see the arguments up close and personal and now I realize it's a good thing I stayed away from it. It's just a breeding ground for misogynistic idiots, fun.

Well the way I first heard of it was people basically saying not everyone is a white male sexist and gaming is full of diversity which I thought was fine. I think there are some sites and specific writers who really hit hard with the "feminist" stuff to an absurd point. Like saying Lords of Shadow 2 implicates rape and sexual abuse because Dracula bites a woman's neck for her blood. I saw it as a reaction to those shitty articles. Then I saw it became about calling some sleazy girl who developed games a whore and bitch because she cheated with a bunch of guys then after that I have no idea what the fuck was going on. Something about journalism corruption and hating shit.

I think that is how many saw the issue (a hashtag labeled by a dumb right wing actor is still a fucking hashtag- is not suppose to denote a side but a talking point) before it become clear that toxic people were using it as a flag for bulling people.

Nephrahim

Playing MGS2, it's kind of annoying how much they tutorialize in the Big Shell. Especially odd since they leave you to your own devices in the tanker. I understand that's part of the "Theme" of MGS2, but it gets annoying.

Playing MGS2, it's kind of annoying how much they tutorialize in the Big Shell. Especially odd since they leave you to your own devices in the tanker. I understand that's part of the "Theme" of MGS2, but it gets annoying.

I'm really hoping that Dan forces Drew to do some VR missions before getting into the game proper. I think it would really help him get a handle of all of the many options available to him in MGS2 that weren't present in MGS1, and hopefully with that he won't freeze up as often whenever he sets off an alert.

Now that I think about it, was Lords of Shadow 2 really the catalyst of this entire "women in gaming" and "gamergate" thing ? I don't recall it going further than that.

deadman69

oh god i've given in and bought the MGS HD collection. dammit dan and you tricking me somehow into thinking metal gear is cool.

Tucah

you speak so well
Brad Muir said:
Shoemaker had a problem figuring out a video game??? :D!

Brad Muir in the Bombin' chat, in response to Samantha saying Brad had trouble with Sentris. Brad v. Brad, go!

Brad Muir in the Bombin' chat, in response to Samantha saying Brad had trouble with Sentris. Brad v. Brad, go!

Was Sentris that circle music game that looked about as user friendly as a bag of rusty nails?

Because I think its OK to let Brad slide with that one.

I played through MGS2 last week after Metal Gear Scanlon ended. It wasn't quite as good as I remember, but it's still amazing what they were able to pull off at the time. Admittedly, I didn't pay much attention to the cutscenes since I'll be watching those when MGScanlon season 2 drops.

After that, I started 3 almost immediately and I just don't get it. So many people on GAF say this one is the best, but it just doesn't seem fun to me. It's almost like we're playing a completely different game. The game's reliance On the player going into the Start menu to make adjustments is annoying, and the whole dpad to sneak thing seems superfluous. If I didn't look it up online, I never would've found it out. I'm not going to lie, I'm not the best MGS player, but most of my detections in 3 come out of me being frustrated with the mechanics of how the system works.

I feel like Jeff and I are the same person as far as MGS opinions go.

In what way?

I recall the "gaming community" going all up in arms about an article comparing this one scene to rape. They were scared that developers would start "censoring" their games and whatnot. And from then on, we started seeing so much more discussion about the depiction of women in video games. It just kept on snowballing.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah, I remember his 3 star remark. Ah, so he wants to check the console versions first, makes sense!

Yeah he said that the review was ready but that it was so late by now that he might as well wait for the consoles versions to come out so that it's more timely and relevant.

Top Bottom