• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Volotaire

RlhZiaB.jpg

YES. Thank you so much, Conner.

Yay.

Myggen

I don't know whether I'm going to love this game or hate it when Mario Party 2 Party rolls around.

I think most will agree that it's the best in the series at least.

Driveclub QL tomorrow. Where's mah P4U QL? :(

My girlfriend showed up with the 3DS Mario Party the other day after we had watched the Mario Party Party. It has a single player mode (Bowsers Tower) where it reckons the playtime is 90mins. Lasted 5 before giving up.

I propose the loser at the end of all the Mario Parties must play through the Bowser's Tower mode by themselves whilst everyone else gets to sit there and laugh.

Or something.

Single player Mario Party has always been a nightmare. It's one of the worst gaming experiences you can have.

Hobohodo

My girlfriend showed up with the 3DS Mario Party the other day after we had watched the Mario Party Party. It has a single player mode (Bowsers Tower) where it reckons the playtime is 90mins. Lasted 5 before giving up.

I propose the loser at the end of all the Mario Parties must play through the Bowser's Tower mode by themselves whilst everyone else gets to sit there and laugh.

Or something.

Xater

It's probably best to space the games out anyway. I can only wonder what the mental states of the GB crew would be like if all the MP games (if they were all in Dan's grasp) were played during Extra Life.

But watching Jeff slowly breaking down because of Mario party could be hilarious! Also we totally need other call to send it the rest of these games. I never bought one of them because O think they are dumb, but they make for some entertaining GB content.

Man I will have my birthday party on the 25th which is great but it also means I'll miss some of the Extra Life stuff I usually really enjoy.

daydream

Banned
I would love to see the space-themed board, it's really, really good.

The mystery ruins-themed board would be the one to pick for maximum craziness, though.

chogidogs

Dan, you shouldn't enable us to do stuff. The other guys usually just correct us when we're wrong. I somehow feel enabled to do dumb stuff because of this.

Zaph

Gonna wait for Drew for the Party party. Also, I saw someone ask earlier and no, we don't have any of the other games currently.
Yes, keep the original team alive. Let the rivalries fester.
And save Danny's time for board games.

Also how are you still a junior and untagged? Emcee is the worst mod.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
lol at all the Driveclub fanboys bashing Danny and Andy in the Driveclub OT.

It's amazing that there can be Driveclub fanboys. "Hey, you know that racing game that had nothing to set it apart from other racing games and looked like a perfectly mediocre racing game that would be cool to get for a console launch but then got delayed by a year so who gives a damn? FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT"

Megasoum

Banned
really? what happened?

Danny and Andy just did a Driveclub stream and they were asking a lot of questions about the game about facts that were known from previews and interviews in the last couple of months so a ton of people in the DC OT are calling them unprofessional (which is probably a compliment lol)

It's amazing that there can be Driveclub fanboys. "Hey, you know that racing game that had nothing to set it apart from other racing games and looked like a perfectly mediocre racing game that would be cool to get for a console launch but then got delayed by a year so who gives a damn? FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT"

I watched the whole stream and while the game looks amazing graphically it also look SUPER shallow... Really like a launch game which it is even if it's coming out a year late. Super linear single player progression, cars are unlocked automatically by leveling, no upgrades, no tuning, no driving aids to turn on/off except transmission, etc.

LiK

Danny and Andy just did a Driveclub stream and they were asking a lot of questions about the game about facts that were known from previews and interviews in the last couple of months so a ton of people in the DC OT are calling them unprofessional (which is probably a compliment lol)

oh c'mon, those are good questions for people who didn't follow all that stuff. ah well.

Gamespot did a stream of DC, Danny and Andy actually said they really like the driving but weren't sure how thin the game was content wise and wrapped up by saying that if Horizon 2 was on PS4 that people would probably get that instead. As you can imagine people who are heavily invested in DC didn't take too kindly to that last sentiment.

ah, i see

really? what happened?

Gamespot did a stream of DC, Danny and Andy actually said they really like the driving but weren't sure how thin the game was content wise and wrapped up by saying that if Horizon 2 was on PS4 that people would probably get that instead. As you can imagine people who are heavily invested in DC didn't take too kindly to that last sentiment.

Sakwoff

Also probably because they're not over the moon about the game and more like "yeah, seems solid."

Which is totally how I feel after watching the stream.

Fanboys gonna fanboy...

Megasoum

Banned
I just find it really funny that they are calling them unprofessional like it's a huge insult... They clearly have never watched a Gamespot or GB stream before lol.

Myggen

Oh man, haha.

I'm on the fence about Driveclub personally. It looks fantastic visually, but all the social stuff they've talked about just seems like hyping stuff that other games have done before ("fancy leaderboards", like I think Jeff called it). The development history of that game has also not left me with much confidence. Looking forward to the QL tomorrow.

daydream

Banned
No point in arguing with people who develop a quasi-religious relationship with their games. Throw cars into the mix and you've got yourself a '#Driveclub'.

Oh man, haha.

I'm not gonna lie, as soon as they said that I opened the Driveclub thread because I knew what was gonna happen. But yeah, they seemed totally fair to the game and talked about both what they liked and didn't like about it so people flipping out about the stream are hilarious.

Top Bottom