• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok debuts with 'Neutral' Reviews on Steam over issues

tmlDan

While it's not really realistic to expect modern console ports should run well on 4gb VRAM, if it's a hard limit where the game won't even launch..that requirement has to be mentioned in black and white.

If I recall, minimum requirement for gpu was a gtx 1060, and Rx 5500 xt BUT with no mention of a minimum VRAM. Both those two cards have <6gb variants I believe.
it is outlined in the specs on steam....the GTX 1060 in particular gets the 6GB version called out in the specs

it is outlined in the specs on steam....the GTX 1060 in particular gets the 6GB version called out in the specs
I was referring the official specs by Sony itself, which doesn't seem to have that qualifier. Could be a recent addition, however.
N3ltGHZ.jpeg

The PSN requirement is annoying, pointless, and stupid... but the VRAM thing? My God, PCMR types tend to be the biggest bunch of fucking babies out there, but this is a new low. Your video card is 8+ years old. BUY A NEW ONE. You can't extol the virtues of PC gaming and ignore the literal thing that sets PC gaming apart from consoles.

I was laptop shopping recently and i saw a lot of 4GB 3050 configurations.

Haint

Usually peaks on Friday. Will probably go up to around 40K. Worse than its predecessor.

The early PS ports sold disproportionately well cause it was a novelty having first party exclusives on PC. The recent games all seem to be trending markedly downward as the years long delays, quasi-shadow drops, and lack of advertising bring them face to face with the reality of a market reevaluating the value a "free" subscription tier catalog title being sold at full price 2 years late.

Last edited:

Fabieter

PS4 has 5gb of usable memory for both CPU and GPU. Expecting this game to work on gpu with 4gb is not that u reasonable.

Its not unusual for pc ports to have higher low settings than consoles tho. It's weird to buy games en masses and bitch about it. Just give it back and move on. Or do a upgrade on your stoneage pc.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
PS4 has 5gb of usable memory for both CPU and GPU. Expecting this game to work on gpu with 4gb is not that u reasonable.
The PS4 is also 11 years old and several games such as COD needed special care to run on last-gen console. Time to upgrade your shit-tier GPU. What’s the last sub-6GB GPU? Something like an RX 480?

Last edited:

bbeach123

I still remember skyrim req 512mb vram / 2g ram minimum and gta 5 need 1g vram minimum , both of them run on 512mb shared ram console .

So its not that unreasonable I guess .

Last edited:

Exede

Just was gonna post a rant that the Minimum Specs got posted and everybody knew that 4GB of Vram wasn't enough... But it just says the minimum GPU is a 1060, no mention of Ram. So it's basicly not the customers fault expecting that it will actually run on a 1650.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Just was gonna post a rant that the Minimum Specs got posted and everybody knew that 4GB of Vram wasn't enough... But it just says the minimum GPU is a 1060, no mention of Ram. So it's basicly not the customers fault expecting that it will actually run on a 1650.
The 1060 is faster than the 1650 and by quite a bit.

Bojji

The PS4 is also 11 years old and several games such as COD needed special care to run on last-gen console. Time to upgrade your shit-tier GPU. What’s the last sub-6GB GPU? Something like an RX 480?

1060 is in minimal specs and it has 3GB version, no mention of VRAM.

Edit: they at least added this info (6GB) on steam page.

bmUDCuq.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
That's shit for a massive game like this. Didn't GOWR sell like 15 million on consoles in its first year alone?

Game hype fades fast, to some degree the marketing driven excitement runs out of steam (hoho) as soon as the ads stop running.

If this had come to PC at the same time as the original console release, when everyone was talking about it, sales would have been much higher.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Game hype fades fast, to some degree the marketing driven excitement runs out of steam (hoho) as soon as the ads stop running.

If this had come to PC at the same time as the original console release, when everyone was talking about it, sales would have been much higher.

Yep. The game is new to PC, but almost everyone will see this as a two year old game with the asking price of a brand-new game (60 euro at Steam/Epic). You're not going to get many PS5+PC-gamers double-dipping for that price. The mandatory PSN-login will also turn off potential buyers.

Cyberpunkd

At least Kratos is not gender neutral.

Probably saving that for the next game.
Jesus Christ, a post is made to discuss some technical issues related to launch and it only takes a few posts for shit to start flying.

You know what’s more annoying that developers pushing agenda in videogames? Forum posters making every damn thread be about gender identity.

Top Bottom