• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Jerome completely sold me on being a good Joker. Even if they don't confirm it, we all know exactly who he's channeling.

Barbara became way more interesting as a villain than whatever the hell she was in S1.

GCPD should just give up, or up their security or something. How many times can they let a bad guy waltz in the station and fuck their shit up?

Well, in all fairness, the first time they all just left because it was Zsaz, and they were all in Falcone's pocket.

OctoMan

Banned
I've never read a comic book in my life. But this is the most "comic booky" thing I've ever watched, if that makes any sense. It's exactly what I imagine if comic books came to life. Same with my father who watched religiously.

Love it. Never miss an ep.

Re: Jerome, I think if he was the joker, they would have said it by now. Obviously this show likes to tease, so I think it's just that.

Pachimari

More of this please:

2u3POrI.jpg

I'm interested to see what would happen if penguin and Jerome met.

I kinda want penguin to be like
" this dudes out of his mind"

Dalek

I'm behind and still watching episode 1 from last week. I wasn't too fond of Jerome in his debut episode but he's really impressive in this episode. He really has that certain.... je ne sais quoi. He has a really great presence on screen that demands your attention.

And good lord-Tabitha is incredibly gorgeous.

Dalek

I'm sold on Jerome. It is very hard to get an actor to pull of that "Joker" feeling, but he really can pull it off.

This season is so much better than the first at this point. Not missing Fish in the least-and the "Cat" pun that Penguin used in regards to Selina worked well, unlike all the heavy handed references last year.

I thought he shot him at the end

wasn't he the one with the camera that used his line?

Yeah, that's a good point. Although in that particular moment it was also an effective fear tactic against the commissioner. You could also say Jerome had already given him a warning, so he considered this further stepping out of line to cross the threshold.

Hamlet

What a crazy episode. wasn't expecting it turn into such a bloodbath. Jerome is easily the highlight of season 2 for me so far.

Just watched the first 2 episodes, and it is so much better than season 1. This is a huge turnaround for the show.

Jerome is killing it, can't wait to see what other twisted things he has up his sleeve.

If it was season 1 penguin would've said "Who's this joker?" and literally winked at the camera.
Lmao
Is it just me or is Barbara perfectly set up to become Harley Quinn.

Doesn't really make sense because she is too old compared to Bruce. And she would also be older than Joker (assuming Jerome is Joker).
Yeah I thought the same, she's older then Bruce and Jerome. I still secretly believe though lol

They're setting her up to be someone though! Haha

Vico

Loved the second episode. Had a hard time with the first one because of the pacing mainly, but this was just great.

Wasn't expecting shit to go down that soon.
When Essen got the job, I obviously told myself "welp, she's going to die", but that was so much quicker than expected. Goddamn.

Oddduck

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...erforms-stronger-than-season-premiere/475676/

Monday Live+3s: GOTHAM WEEK 2 RISES +63% in Nielsen Live 3s, OUTRATING SEASON PREMIERE

Week 2 of GOTHAM surged 63% among Adults 18-49 (the largest percentage gain of the night) to a 2.6/9 – *HIGHER* than the Live 3 rating for its premiere (2.5/9).

After three days of delayed viewing, GOTHAM’s total viewership rose +46% to 6.8 million (vs. 4.6 mil). And with all platforms factored in (including FOX NOW and Hulu streaming), GOTHAM’s 3-day audience totaled 7.2 million (up +55% from its same-day viewership).

Oddduck

Bring him down, naturally.

Or more specifically, start bringing in others like him, villain-type mob bosses.

Yeah, this pretty much.

The producers were saying that new people will challenge Penguin for his power and position. And it will force Penguin to become more cunning and ruthless if he wants to continue being at the top.

Veelk

Banned
One thing I want to see out of Penguin is for him to become more suave. He has this immense tick of nervousness, even when he's happy and in power, this strain to his voice that is bursting with excitement even when he's outwardly calm. It'd be good visual character development to see him just because cool and nonplussed in his interactions.

Top Bottom