• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Mush

Have they changed the rules regarding trading again? I'm trying to send over my cars from my seasonal accounts and it keeps telling me I've already exceeded my limit for today, even though I hadn't even traded them over yet. Did they change it to your account can only receive one gift a day or something?

Mush said:
Have they changed the rules regarding trading again? I'm trying to send over my cars from my seasonal accounts and it keeps telling me I've already exceeded my limit for today, even though I hadn't even traded them over yet. Did they change it to your account can only receive one gift a day or something?

Trading is now locked to PS3s.

You can only send/receive one car per day per PS3.

Dead Man

seattle6418 said:
And even with that... it´s just not fun.

Sometimes things don´t work on games, even if it´s a simulation of reality.

Those 24hs races just shouldn´t exist. (meaning they shouldn´t be part of the carrear mode, forcing you to race).

It just doesn´t work, and even in real life, there are four drivers to do those distances, guys drive 6hs at best.

I know it´s not the right thing for a hardcore GT player to say, but i just feel like the long endurances are dull and boring. It´s a grind with or without the saves. Nobody would be hurt if they took those out of carrer and just left somewhere hidden in the arcade mode.

I still have three to go and i know it´s gonna be painfull.
I liked it better in 4, you could switch out with Bspec mode in the same race. Separating the 2 modes was a stupid decision.

Mush said:
Yep. 1 trade per console per day now. :(

Mush said:
WHAT THE FUCK
I see I was beaten, but yes, that is an appropriate response.

Shaneus

-Deadpool- said:
Trading is now locked to PS3s.

You can only send/receive one car per day per PS3.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

They really have lost the plot, haven't they? Kaz is starting to remind me of Gaddafi.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mush said:
WHAT THE FUCK

Meanwhile, in New Zealand, Mush has been under a rock.

Yes, it's fucking stupid and what has caused me to drop the game (not that it matters to anyone). Hopefully Kaz will reverse the decision or make getting cars a HELL of a lot easier than it is currently with the dismal payouts in A/B-spec before I come back.

TheSeks

Mush said:
It's ahh... cos we live in the future... and stuff. You know, wibbly wobbly, timey wimey, stuff.

Mush secretly spun the world backwards by flying around it counter clockwise, a la Superman 2. ;)

The car sharing feature is awesome. I borrowed a Ferrari and some trucks to some races. It's great that I didn't need to buy cars I didn't want just to complete a race.

Remember to share your cars people! My collection is fairly small, but I put up some cars others may use to do some early races.

Shaneus said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

They really have lost the plot, haven't they? Kaz is starting to remind me of Gaddafi.

murdering hundreds of people is now directly comparable to altering a nifty videogame feature

youre garbage btw.

-Deadpool- said:
Don't know why they can't have a save feature in enduros. Come in to pit; Change tyres, add fuel, or save and quit.

Quoted for great justice. Surely this is how it should be done. Perhaps what they can do is pull everyone into the pits and then start them off staggered at the times difference they were last lap.

eg: There are four racers.

1) N Mansell
2) A Senna +10.222s
3) A Prost +44.109s
4) N Piquet +2 Laps and 33.212s

You, as N Mansell, come into the pits and select save and quit. The game records the latest splits between racers and saves. When you reload everyone is in the pits. First off N Mansell drivers off, 10.222s later A Senna drives off, 33.212s later N Piquet drives off and finally 44.109s later A Prost drives off and the race restarts. The key point to remember here is that whilst A Prost was ahead of N Piquet yet restarted after, N Piquet goes off with a +2 lap penalty.

Things will get a bit hairy when people are jostling for position at the moment you hit save and quit but this way seems fair to me.

Discuss

Anyway, back remote racing today. Think I'm going to alternate Le Mans and a day of remote racing. Basically got subjected to a tirade from my girlfriend about what the point of leaving my PS3 on and it racing itself was for 24 hours.

"Just to get a fucking trophy?"

I tried to explain that there was so much more to it but she went into scorn mode and I had no answer.

amar212

brentech said:
Yea, I too have been sitting on the 9 and 24hr races in aspec for quite a while. Have been waiting for a save feature that doesn't seem to be in the works.

Kaz twiiter today:

Kaz_Yamauchi: I'm sorry. Game saves during endurances. They are currently under development. RT @andrepeniche: as I simply don't have 4, 9 or even 24 hours available to stay in front of the TV to do endurance races, as much as I love GT5, unfortunately it's not possible for me to complete them.

Thanx to Shirakawa Akiar at GTPlanet.

Shaneus

The question remains: Why the fuck did none of this stuff come up in testing? It all seems so fucking obvious to us... did they even *have* testers?

Shaneus said:
The question remains: Why the fuck did none of this stuff come up in testing? It all seems so fucking obvious to us... did they even *have* testers?

I think it did, but I get the feeling that PD were forced to release it by SCEI in November so had to scrub up what they had and push it out. I'm sure by the time we hit June we'll be closer to what GT5 should've been.

Not that I agree with PD taking forever developing. Also I'm guessing this means that any DLC (Standard -> Premium, new Cars) will be delayed whilst they finish up development.

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
Hey, quiet you, youre garbage, remember? :lol But yeah, I presume SCEI forced the release, but I don't understand why PD weren't either forced to use, or given, the resources to finish a damn game in at least 4 years of development.

So the 24 hours of LeMans I was running today was cut short (at 21 hours no less) by a huge electrical storm that rolled through here a few hours ago and knocked out power throughout the neighbourhood.

21 hours down the drain. Like it never happened. Still mid-way through level 39. Sigh.

On topic - awesome news re: Kaz tweeting about Enduro saves. There may be hope for my 100% completion yet.

offshore

amar212 said:
Kaz twiiter today:

Thanx to Shirakawa Akiar at GTPlanet.
Better late then never...shows they're still listening, which is good. Shame they're not reacting to the gift restriction though.

Dead Man said:
Hey, quiet you, youre garbage, remember? :lol But yeah, I presume SCEI forced the release, but I don't understand why PD weren't either forced to use, or given, the resources to finish a damn game in at least 4 years of development.
Phew, I thought something bad had happened to you when you didn't comment for a complete day how the game is pure garbage. :p

Saving during Endurances sound sweet, I could maybe do four hours if I REALLY REALLY wanted (which a don't) in a row but 9 or 24 is just too much

Niks said:
Only way I may even attempt to do the 24h races.
Glad they are trying to patch this in.

Likewise. Though my main concern is the amount of grinding necessary to earn real dough! Is there any word on them addressing this? I'm not hoping they will make it easy, but at least consider that the most expensive cars are normally not the first choice for A-Spec events...

offshore

33-Hit-Combo said:
Likewise. Though my main concern is the amount of grinding necessary to earn real dough! Is there any word on them addressing this? I'm not hoping they will make it easy, but at least consider that the most expensive cars are normally not the first choice for A-Spec events...
That's what the Seasonal Events are for, which I support, but they really should sort out A-Spec rewards.

Why oh why they reduced the credits in 1.06, I just...I just don't know. I love what PD are doing supporting this game with updates and other developers should take note....but the credit and XP situation is still just all the over the place, and PD really need to sort it out once and for all.

offshore said:
That's what the Seasonal Events are for, which I support, but they really should sort out A-Spec rewards.

Why oh why they reduced the credits in 1.06, I just...I just don't know. I love what PD are doing supporting this game with updates and other developers should take note....but the credit and XP situation is still just all the over the place, and PD really need to sort it out once and for all.

Are the seasonal events now updating on a two-week basis? I'm all for Seasonal Events, but they seriously nerfed the difficulty after the first two didn't they? It's kind of difficult to rely on them to earn money because they're so infrequent (for me anyway :D).

offshore

Who knows what's going on ^_^

The schedule they had before, new million-paying seasonal's every week, was fine. Although I'm still of the opinion that they should be handled like license tests, where the car is prepared for you and you can't change it, instead of wondering whether stock is powerful enough, or how much extra power of put on your car to compete. It would make them feel more rewarding.

amar212

offshore said:
Who knows what's going on ^_^

The schedule they had before, new million-paying seasonal's every week, was fine. Although I'm still of the opinion that they should be handled like license tests, where the car is prepared for you and you can't change it, instead of wondering whether stock is powerful enough, or how much extra power of put on your car to compete. It would make them feel more rewarding.

Well, since current Bonus Races goes even further in dumbing whole simulation aspect with mandatory SRF - also known as Standard (GT4) physics - I have lost any hope in PD's reasoning.

Of all moves so far, this mandatory SRF is way beyond any my understanding by great margin.

offshore

That FT86II video is sooo good...the letterbox effect works so well and looks glorious. Anyone recognise the music, or is it made in-house.

Shaneus

Dead Man said:
I get the impression that rather than having a near-finished game that they added features (rally, Nascar etc.) to, they had an incomplete game that they kept adding features to... hence, when it came time to force a release, rather than than draw the line, say "no more extras" and just polish it off they had to release something that (at least) seems largely untested.

SMFH

I'm quite disappointed with the FT-86's front bumper... The curves and extruded wedges belong on the Batmobile! Also the LED lights, but I've read somewhere about new regulations etc. Can also be found on the 2011 GT-R I guess.

Video was pretty awesome though, perhaps took the sliding thing a little too far! Gets the point across though. The current in-game FT-86 is so good for powering through.

brentech

Figured this was as good as place as any; anyone remember these old BMW short films?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRfjW1cj2E0 (favorite in terms of the pure fun driving - could skip to 4:25 for action to start if you want)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBdOaIiz60I (more serious, but good actors)

There is a handful of them, most of them with good actors and directors that came out in 2001-2002. Worth checking out if you've never seen them. The guy that posted the above 2 links has them all available on his channel. Enjoy

Shaneus

I can't see those links (at work) but are they the ones with Clive Owen in them? Fuck they were awesome. They're probably only available in ridiculously low resolution now :/

I've recently taken to doing the A-Spec races I never had the cars for, and I am currently having a go at the Historic championship. I just cannot catch first place on the Monaco track, any tips?

I'm using the Toyota 7. Even with RS tyres, I cannot catch up because the car is just so sensitive. I've had a go at tuning the LSD but it just seems to have too much power going through it that it makes little difference.

Thanks guys

Also, it's BS how you get overtaken before you actually begin racing.

EDIT: Nevermind! I managed to nail it in the end with some further LSD adjustment.

jey_16 said:
Nooo......forgot to get the 787b before the new trade rules.......dammit

Uhh you can still trade any cars until tomorrow (still limited to once a day though)

I've been taking advantage and getting different colored X2010's while I still can :lol

offshore

Finished driving every premium car last night, and to be honest, it actually frightens me that the premium car count is just going to grow :lol. Come GT7 or 8, the thought of hundreds and hundreds of premiums is quite overwhelming, especially on more powerful hardware.

For all the moaning I've done about GT5, the premium car detail is just absolutely insane. Put those cars on the Ring at night and it's amazing. Seeing the dashboards light up; there's just something about it that makes it so cool <3

Will take a break now from GT5 for a bit; I'll wait and see if any future updates can lure me back in. Like most, I genuinely hope that PD have gotten the message about the whole structure of the game needing a massive overhaul in GT6.

The way PD are supporting GT5 and making the right changes bodes well and should be applauded, but I guess we'll have to see if Yamauchi-san will take the really bold step of revolutionising the series for 6, something GT desperately needs.

TheSeks

Metal: I sent you a message via the RPC tag. But as it is: Jag XLS '66 or whatever the 20mill car would be nice if you have the cash. X1 prototype won by the Vettle challenge wouldn't be bad either. Or another 20million car that isn't the Chapparal/Tank Car/X1-in-store cars that I already have before Midnight.

As for the league: After today (getting the last 1mill+ car I had in my alt account), I'm pretty much done with GT5 until Kaz ups the cash rewards to where the game isn't a huge grind for the higher level cars, or he redoes his stupid trade restriction. One of the two will bring me back, but until then he's pretty much turned me (a casual GT5 player) right off and I'll just go play Battlefield and Marvel for now. So, nah, man: I'll pass on the league.

It's been fun guys, but Kaz's stupid gameplay decisions have pretty much killed the love for me.

mclaren777

seattle6418 said:
And even with that... it´s just not fun.

Those 24hs races just shouldn´t exist. (meaning they shouldn´t be part of the career mode, forcing you to race).
I'm glad that GT5 has both of the 24-hour races (I really enjoy them) but I understand everyone's frustration that they're part of getting a Platinum trophy.

PD should have found a way to make them optional (like having a create-a-race feature).

The new "World Classic Car Series" seasonal was a waste of time. Cars from '69 and earlier w/ 550PP or less. There's no competition so be prepared to keep your PP low for a challenge. The XP and Cr suck (again) don't get your hopes up there either. Also, racing on the Eifel (Kart) track was pointless...

Dead Man

amar212 said:
Well, since current Bonus Races goes even further in dumbing whole simulation aspect with mandatory SRF - also known as Standard (GT4) physics - I have lost any hope in PD's reasoning.

Of all moves so far, this mandatory SRF is way beyond any my understanding by great margin.
I missed your post Amar, but I know when you have lost confidence, PD have really screwed up. :(

Top Bottom