• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

SLB1904

Banned
Fuck. How do you manage to not spend it. The moment I hit 1 million I’m like fuck it it’s Christmas time.
Ha, don't know mate, I own pretty much everything I want, just waiting for the pennzoil. Also the circuit experience is giving money away like nothing. Don't feel like grinding tbh, just having fun and enjoying the cars I got, money is just pouring in

Celcius

°Temp. member
I admit that not having all of the cars for sale at once keeps me checking the inventories each day, along with the daily roulette. I do wish I could go ahead and buy the cars that I want though. I’m currently sitting on $20 million while buying more and more cars daily, but still having to wait on the pennzoil r34 and others to be available. I’ll keep grinding with the tomahawk until they patch it though.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I admit that not having all of the cars for sale at once keeps me checking the inventories each day, along with the daily roulette. I do wish I could go ahead and buy the cars that I want though. I’m currently sitting on $20 million while buying more and more cars daily, but still having to wait on the pennzoil r34 and others to be available. I’ll keep grinding with the tomahawk until they patch it though.
Having the used cars with a bunch of classics showing up makes me wish there were a lot more one make races or decade specific events.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

What are your go to Gr4 and Gr3 cars if I may ask?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I enjoy the racing, but right now I’m on a car collecting spree. Just trying to get all I can before they make it harder to earn credits.

Speaking of which, they’re most likely fixing the tomahawk glitch on the 25th: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_8283676.html
I only see them mentioning that some event PPs will change. There are other high paying events that are 800pp that the below 600pp Tommy works on. So they may alter the 600PP one and a few others.

I would think that PP bug would have a more robust patch and be mentioned.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I enjoy the racing, but right now I’m on a car collecting spree. Just trying to get all I can before they make it harder to earn credits.

Speaking of which, they’re nerfing the tomahawk glitch on the 25th: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_8283676.html

I get that. Although I personally don't really care for it. I know I'm in the minority.

Happy to see you that skipped Sports having a blast. For myself it's kinda samey atm; same cars same tracks. It's still awesome don't get me wrong but yeah, shit's very samey if you played Sports

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Porsche 911 and the mcclaren are great to drive gr3
The bmw m4 and the atenza are great gr 4 you can add the mcclaren gr4 as well.
The mazda gr3 vision is great on fuel saving

BMW and Antenza are pre patch meta atm. (Don't like the AWD cars much) Prefer the Trophy =P 911 is a great allrounder with handling, tires and fuel saving =)

I have to say I'm jealous at your DDPro set up 💗

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
BMW and Antenza are pre patch meta atm. (Don't like the AWD cars much) Prefer the Trophy =P 911 is a great allrounder with handling, tires and fuel saving =)

I have to say I'm jealous at your DDPro set up 💗
Thanks
Yeah I don't like meta cars tbh for the simple fact everyone starts using them. I personally like the Ford gt but is crap on fuel saving and its not as good on turning. But at daytona that car shines

sncvsrtoip

golded lemans, behavior of car in last sector doesn't imo make much sense so exceptionally recomend counter assits for this circuit exp

SLB1904

Banned
Hqthwyyyu31kkkkkkĺkiķłķķ
Ķ
Keep in die short shirrķmnnnmmkÌÌì
giphy.gif

LostDonkey

Also the AI has zero concept of the flag system in the game. Blue flags, they just hold you up and block the racing line, I've seen them overtake under yellow and get no penalty. Come on.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Od'd last night. Can't remember making those posts. I'm good now sorry
Don't drive off if you feel the need to talk! Drive in here so we can help you out!

I used "drive" because we are still in a racing thread. It's much better that way! :messenger_winking:

Freeman76

Ive just finished menu 39 and no more are available. I still have international and super licences to obtain but it seems i have unlocked all races and locations now? Seems a bit of an odd structure to me? Is it now just grind money for cars and no longer unlock new races and competitions?

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Ive just finished menu 39 and no more are available. I still have international and super licences to obtain but it seems i have unlocked all races and locations now? Seems a bit of an odd structure to me? Is it now just grind money for cars and no longer unlock new races and competitions?
If you only played the café than there are still events left that weren't part of the menues. But yes, once finished there are no new tracks and events.

Aenima

Yes. Once you finish GT Cafe you unlock everething available. Now is up to you what you do next. You have the rest of the licences to complete, you have the missions, in world circuit you have new races and the circuit experience and you have the online races.

Gt Cafe campaign works like a presentation to all the stuff you can do in the game, once you finish it is up to you what to do.

More content is added over time.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Yes. Once you finish GT Cafe you unlock everething available. Now is up to you what you do next. You have the rest of the licences to complete, you have the missions, in world circuit you have new races and the circuit experience and you have the online races.

Gt Cafe campaign works like a presentation to all the stuff you can do in the game, once you finish it is up to you what to do.

More content is added over time.
And music rally!

mclaren777

It still blows my mind that GT Sport has a better campaign than GT7.

I wonder if we will eventually get a proper campaign mode, possibly alongside Sophy integration. I would love to never do another rolling-start race.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Server maintenance and game update on the 25th, not sure what it brings so keep expectations in check.
Hopefully it swaps out most of the cars in the legendary dealership so that I can finally spend the credits I’ve been saving. With only 400 or so cars in the game, surely the pennzoil r34 has to be in the next rotation, right?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Took an hour break, came back, and now I have all gold in the B and A tests! I don’t think I’ll be able to gold everything but maybe I can see how many silvers I can get from here on out.

Last edited:

Certinty

Took an hour break, came back, and now I have all gold in the B and A tests! I don’t think I’ll be able to gold everything but maybe I can see how many silvers I can get from here on out.
Gold on every licence is pretty easy so to speak, only the final test is a bit challenging but with patience isn’t too bad.

Same with the missions, only one took me over an hour (Eco Challenge 2) but the rest weren’t bad at all.

Some of the track experiences though are a fair bit ruthless, by far the hardest thing in the game.

ShakenG

Hopefully it swaps out most of the cars in the legendary dealership so that I can finally spend the credits I’ve been saving. With only 400 or so cars in the game, surely the pennzoil r34 has to be in the next rotation, right?
Yeah, waiting for that Pennzoil myself.

It still blows my mind that GT Sport has a better campaign than GT7.

I wonder if we will eventually get a proper campaign mode, possibly alongside Sophy integration. I would love to never do another rolling-start race.
Im fairly sure the Sophy will be nothing more than a challenge mode, 1vs1. I dont see it being multiple cars.

I don't mind the rolling start races, what im not a fan of is the catch the rabbit races where the leader is half a lap already done before you start. Those need to go in my opinion. And dont forget Sports campaign mode at launch, it look years to get where it is.

Enjoy ya Sundays.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
My favorite series is probably the Sunday cup because there’s few restrictions and you can bring almost whatever you want. I wish they would expand it, even if they have to reduce the payout to keep people from farming it. I just wanna race in whatever I want… let me decide if I think it’s fair or not as long as it’s an offline race.

Last edited:
Top Bottom