• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Chaos17

This event has single handedly killed my love for this game.

I'm not even grinding a lot but this grind for nuggets to get one component for one character put a lot of things into perspective.

Why am I even doing this? To see numbers get higher so I can fight other enemies and get higher numbers? Game requires no real skill but does require serious time commitment. I think I'm just playing the game for the gorgeous art. And damn is it gorgeous.

Maybe it's time to put the game down and walk away. I've just reached a point where upgrades are too few and far between and it's not rewarding.

Personaly, this event is the least of my favorite. I prefered the "Tales of" events because I was able to grind by myself. While this event depend a lot of the "community". Or you've to be 100+ to be able to be independant a bit.

Azusa

This event has single handedly killed my love for this game.

I'm not even grinding a lot but this grind for nuggets to get one component for one character put a lot of things into perspective.

Why am I even doing this? To see numbers get higher so I can fight other enemies and get higher numbers? Game requires no real skill but does require serious time commitment. I think I'm just playing the game for the gorgeous art. And damn is it gorgeous.

Maybe it's time to put the game down and walk away. I've just reached a point where upgrades are too few and far between and it's not rewarding.

For me grinding is a way to relax. Its my zen.

I got 2 gw chars, class weapon, tier 4 jobs. My light pool is great and almost maxed. I have many chars and can make a great team for any element and I still play this game daily and having fun. The most important is to play it only when you want not when you feel that you must to grind something.

Gizuko

I think they really should wait a bit before balancing DO, so that the tweaks are on point. It kind of reminds me when Revamped Tequatl launched in GW2; everyone was complaning of the sudden difficulty spike until they started to get everyone's roles right - and, of course, they had to tweak the encounter a bit too.

For me it's been hit and miss, won 2 out of 4, so it's definitely doable. However, during those 2 wins you could see players with T4 jobs dominating the fights and carrying everyone, which I don't think is the way to go.

Personaly, this event is the least of my favorite. I prefered the "Tales of" events because I was able to grind by myself. While this event depend a lot of the "community". Or you've to be 100+ to be able to be independant a bit.

You don't need to be 100+ for this event, really. Still, outside of getting the dagger and your element's celestial weapon, you can basically ignore this event if you can't solo things.

Gold bar? There are better grinds to spend time on instead of a GW character if you can't solo EX here.

4 seals? That fight is ridiculous, so it's not even worth considering.

It's important to realize that if you can't properly participate in an event, you most likely won't benefit as much from the rewards, specially when they are gated behind a ridiculous grind.

I do agree that this event is not exactly fun due to the nature of the raid battles, though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Why am I even doing this? To see numbers get higher so I can fight other enemies and get higher numbers? Game requires no real skill but does require serious time commitment.

Same can be said with most other RPGs, or any genre with exposed numbers/maths. Why kill aliens and research stuff in XCOM? Why build a city in Skylines?

I'd also argue that theorycrafting/number crunching is a skill unto itself. Gacha games have very much scratched that MMO itch for me, even if I do wish they'd be less RNG-dependent on progress, but things like team composition, slow-burn progression and the social/discussion element satisfy the expectations from MMOs of yesteryear.

As to serious time commitment and grinding... yeah. MMOs.

aitakute

CeTd0Gj.jpg

Ehehehe... Level 19/20 now

This is why I play at work. Two boring birds killed with one stone.

I play a lot at work as well though I play a bit at home; usually only at Strike time if there is something I want to grind. Though I also play a lot of grinding games, like Moster Hunter and Dungeon Crawlers (started Stranger of Sword City recently).

If you ask yourself why you are playing a game, and can't find a reason why its fun, then just stop. Its not like you need to play it, and if you enjoyed your time with it previously, nothing was really lost or wasted. If you forced yourself to play all this time I don't really know what to tell you though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You know, if you can defeat DO every single time, does that make it something worthwhile? Just curious.

MSMrRound

You know, if you can defeat DO every single time, does that make it something worthwhile? Just curious.

At least give us 250 shields for failing or whatsoever. Devoting half an hour of our time and watching us fail with just 1 final life bar left on the boss leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It's not like we are not trying, but they definitely have to work on rebalancing the boss hp to current active DO member ratio.

Don't make it seem like such a slog to fight (e.g everyone active trying their best, but failing just because there's not enough people online)...or at least improve the rewards a bit.

Felessan

Got hiirokane, earth claw+seal, water axe+seal and will grab rest of nuggets and probably second set of potions.
Feel a bit tired from this event, depending on rewards will probably go easy on next event.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I ended up getting two great SSR Fire weapons out of the prize pool, so I'm really loving my first celestial event. I'm just a bit sad that I missed two daily golden chunks (one by just a single battle).

event status?

got the fire katana + seal
two nuggets so far, getting a third so I can make these into a gold bar
will probably pick up all the money so I can stop being poor for like a day
will probably hoard the rest of whatever points i make for the events return

dunno, i liked the event
my 2nd time going through this and I felt a great sense of accomplishment of being able to solo extreme seiyuu so that was a morale booster for this game

dennism

I ended up getting two great SSR Fire weapons out of the prize pool, so I'm really loving my first celestial event. I'm just a bit sad that I missed two daily golden chunks (one by just a single battle).

are you me? i missed exactly 2 and one of them by a single battle too (maintenance when i was one battle away)

anyway, i got the water axe + seal, gonna use the rest of the points on rupees, pots and nuggets.

one question tho, how do you get the axe soul thingy used to uncap the water axe? is the only way to reduce SR weapons?

Which class weapon is good to get?
I'm leaning towards either Bishop or DF's but i'm mostly doing it so i can eventually just unlock tier 4 jobs.

MicH

So far I've bought:

- Cheapest set of AP pots, berries and rupies
- all Archangel weapons
- Fire katana + seal
- The fire point dagger
- 6 gold nuggets (4 to go)

Pretty happy with my loot. Will definitely get the last four nuggets then probably some certs

MSMrRound

Group D pulled through! Phew. (Just curious. Does the 00:01 timer mean we were down to last minute before we could potentially fail the event?)

For the 4 beast event, so far I don't think I'll be able to trade for a gold bar, but it has been pretty good in terms of trading for basic needs e.g 2 rounds of rupees, half AP pots e.g

Hmm...with my next 10k points, is it better to go for gold nugget or the 10k point Fire dagger? Heard something about it being good for Honor Points?

omlet

Or you've to be 100+ to be able to be independant a bit.

Not really, I'm low 80s rank and can solo ex wind with ease in under 5 min, ex water with relative ease (long fight), and ex earth with a lot of luck (can't solo or even MVP fire ex, he's brutal compared to the others since I have no water team to throw at him). Usually on all of them besides wind I just open them to public and people will generally hop in to help finish them off. Using tweetdeck to hunt for 1 BP ex+ is a great return on your BP (I agree that the raid tab as-is is ass, and that we can't all sit around glued to tweetdeck all day, but the point remains).

With over a day and a half still left I've already gotten...
Fire katana + seal (45k)
Earth fist + seal (45k)
Fire harp + seal (50k)
Earth staff (30k)
Honor bonus dagger (10k)
3 nuggets (30k)
Cheap pots/berries (5k? I forget)
All the badge rewards except some of the rainbow prisms

Going for the second earth seal tonight then another nugget and then I'm done. Whew. It has been a grind, though, can't deny. Will be glad for the break when this one is over.

Gizuko

Are the SR+ weapon tickets not a good deal? You can get characters from that right?

If you need weapon stones (needed to 4* this event's weapons, for example), they are an option. Gacha weps give more mats than farmable ones when reduced. It's still a random draw though, so I probably wouldn't get many.

Chaos17

Not really, I'm low 80s rank and can solo ex wind with ease in under 5 min.

What's your weapon pool ?
I feel your grinded more than an average player since I didn't saw many players in your rank putting an easy or average fight int the raids I leeched.

MicH

I'm rank 79 and I can solo the wind and earth EX Raids. Can just barely solo fire EX but not water at all.

Highest score in THE Wind EX+ is a 550k points. You just need A good weapon pool

omlet

What's your weapon pool ?
I feel your grinded more than an average player since I didn't saw many players in your rank putting an easy or average fight int the raids I leeched.

Dark katana from tales event was on my fire pool as a stat stick until yesterday when I leveled the suzaku fire katana up a bit.

That earth team can actually beat turtle with that laughable grid. It takes forever (10m~ solo on pc, about 20m on my phone, less with some other people helping), but with Sara on the team I can out-turtle him and stay alive with a few potions while I wait for Jamil's huge burst damage ougi be ready.

MicH

Just bought the last golden nugget and now there are 15 more available? Not buying those :p

I'm done with the event. Got all I wanted. Didn't get 150 badges for all four elements, but I did get over 100. So that's nice

Top Bottom