• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

MiTYH

Been rolling with two devices. Is there any reason to take the lower SSR account?

Account #1:
- Ferri (Light)
- Sochie (Water)
- Catalina (Limited) (Water)

Account #2- Main one with about 2 months of daily logins, no play
- Jeanne D'arc (Light)
- Altheia (Earth)
- Sochie (Water)
- Sarunan (Dark)
- Feena (Wind)
- Metera (Fire)
- Anriet (Wind)

Also, if I do roll account #2 like I'm planning, what should be my starting lineup?

Thanks!

garath

Was a bust on the free 10 pull today. But I had a ticket from the daily login reward and pulled an SSR wind Lennah :eek:

Now I really need to focus on wind.

PvrNoNL.png

Rosetta
Lennah
Metera

Seems like a pretty good wind team for now.

chrono01

Another ban warning heads up. Looks like someone on GBF Int got all their reroll accounts banned. Beware!

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/1006/word-warning-skipping-tutorial?page=1&scrollTo=7608
So, it doesn't really matter if you re-rolled many times, as long as you settled on an account and actively play it, you should be fine?

To be honest, that makes sense to me. Having a lot of un-used accounts just sitting there is a waste of resources. I doubt those that re-rolled dozens (or hundreds) of times care if their un-used accounts are banned, I know I don't. I have my main account, it's the one I'm playing/have spent money on, they can remove all of my other re-rolled accounts, it doesn't bother me.

If they start banning people who actively play on a re-rolled account though, that I don't agree with.

draw4wild

So all the accounts that started out promising really fizzled out at the end.

Decided to go with an account of: nezahualpilli, Feena, Aodios and a Lucifer summon. I'll start with wind and transition into light. I can't decide if I should start dash Jeanne or Petra

Other account I was considering was Lancelot, Riruru, Magisa, Fire Metera but I think the Lucifer is more valuable then the nice water team

Caim

This is what I ended up with after all of my free 10 rolls:

I'm still really new to the game, but I'm liking it so far.

I've just been clearing what I'm assuming is the story missions and leveling my weapons while trying to get a team for each element.

chrono01

Got a Carbuncle for my last pull. This legfest went out with a bang.
I have a Carbuncle summon from earlier in the event, why are they so good?

As for me, nothing in today's ten-pull, aside from a single SR. I can't complain, out of this event (plus a few of my own ten-pulls), I received Yuel, Lennah, Sara, Metera, Vargeras, and Nataku/Medusa summons. Not too bad, considering a lot of it was free. I'll miss these daily pulls though, it felt like Christmas every day. :(

garath

This is what I ended up with after all of my free 10 rolls:

I'm still really new to the game, but I'm liking it so far.

I've just been clearing what I'm assuming is the story missions and leveling my weapons while trying to get a team for each element.

Those look like some great rolls. Nice!

kiryogi

Banned
I have a Carbuncle summon from earlier in the event, why are they so good?

As for me, nothing in today's ten-pull, aside from a single SR. I can't complain, out of this event (plus a few of my own ten-pulls), I received Yuel, Lennah, Sara, Metera, Vargeras, and Nataku/Medusa summons. Not too bad, considering a lot of it was free. I'll miss these daily pulls though, it felt like Christmas every day. :(

Carbuncles are a must have for mitigation. They're one of the only good SRs to have.

I hope everyone that rerolled a ton will donate their unused accounts to others :eek: I see lots of good accounts.

Yaari

My last 10 roll gave me Altair. Very happy. He'll come in well with Yoda.
This event has been great. I hope people here will continue playing.

21 SSRs now. All out of gems, but will stop rolling until there's some new characters. The odds of duplicates are getting a little high. I'm honestly surprised I only got 1/2 duplicates so far.

last 10 pull gave me zero SSRs as usual, but gave me 2 SRs characters so /shrugs

only got 2 SSRs from this whole thing so whatever, i'm glad its over

i guess if i really wanted to, i could try and get 400 more crystals for another 10 pull, if i want more despair

draw4wild

Carbuncles are a must have for mitigation. They're one of the only good SRs to have.

I hope everyone that rerolled a ton will donate their unused accounts to others :eek: I see lots of good accounts.

I'm more than willing to donate my accounts. I think come the 11th we will get even more interest. Compared to starting with the normal one SSR on the 11th I think my accounts with 4+ are good starts.

They make it a little annoying to change emails since you have to get a code from the new email then log in with the old email to finalize

chrono01

Thanks, good to know!

Speaking of, am I free to fuse away all of the Rare summons? They're starting to clutter my inventory.

My last 10 roll gave me Altair. Very happy. He'll come in well with Yoda.
This event has been great. I hope people here will continue playing.

21 SSRs now. All out of gems, but will stop rolling until there's some new characters. The odds of duplicates are getting a little high. I'm honestly surprised I only got 1/2 duplicates so far.
gNijQHQ.gif

Rosetta
Lennah
Metera

Seems like a pretty good wind team for now.

Metera is actually pretty handy to have for setting up Rosetta's win condition. She works wonders in stages with multiple battles as her burst skills can save some turns so Rosetta keeps her stacks. Her slow is also neat when you've reached the boss.

I still use her just because of that and the fact that she's the purest.

Lennah's skillset is super useful and is one of the characters that allow you to cheese Celeste.

Rosetta should get her own tier at some point for rerollers.

garath

Metera is actually pretty handy to have for setting up Rosetta's win condition. She works wonders in stages with multiple battles as her burst skills can save some turns so Rosetta keeps her stacks. Her slow is also neat when you've reached the boss.

I still use her just because of that and the fact that she's the purest.

Lennah's skillset is super useful and is one of the characters that allow you to cheese Celeste.

So how does Rosetta work? I'm not sure what to do with stacks on her.

Uthred

Last nights pull was utter junk, not even a new R or SR. Got one SSR in tonight's final one. So over the course of the week that was 70 pulls from the free 10 pulls, 40 from 12K crystals, 10 from Start Dash, 10 single pulls from various Campaign rewards, 6 single pulls from the 90 MC daily. So 136 pulls in total.

I got three SSR characters (ah wait, I did get that fucking dupe), so four SSR characters and two SSR summons. So 6/136, or just over 4%, 2% less than the 6% legfes rate. The free 10 pulls were awesome but honestly the entire thing just re-confirmed my decision to only spend actual money on the Surprise Dash tickets (and the 90 MC dailies during Legend fests, because you have to live a little ;) )

While I (obviously) would have preferred more SSR's I am very happy with the ones I got, Yuel, Vampy and Cagliostro and Medusa and Bahamut for the summons. So perhaps its about churlish to complain about not getting more ;)

Noi

Alright, I defer to you guy's wisdom. Here's my account's results, perfectly willing to give away the better ones that I don't pick. Some of these are like, no contest, but I figured I may as well show everything.

http://imgur.com/a/JBaxa

#12 was the initial winner (hence they have some exp, but #15... kind of became very desirable at the end there.

Azusa

Bait tier.

So how does Rosetta work? I'm not sure what to do with stacks on her.

Here is copypaste:

Barrier of Rose

During "Barrier of Rose" mode, The effect from support skill "Rose queen" is granted
to Rosetta, Attracting the enemy's attack, Reduce and reflect damage while recover
her own HP every turn at the cost of lower attack power and ougi gauge.

The barrier will be lost if her ougi gauge reach zero, And the stack level of "Barrier of Rose"
will continue to rise upon receiving damage from the enemy at the cost of even more ougi
gauge every turn to hold the shield with the maximum of 5 stacks.

You can grant strengthening effect on entire allies by using this ability again to release
"Barrier of Rose" mode, The effect vary depending on the stack level. If it's releases
at the maximum level of 5 stacks, Attack UP / Defense UP / Continuous attack rate /
Debuff immunity / Extra wind attribute as bonus damage will be granted on ally.

kiryogi

Banned
Alright, I defer to you guy's wisdom. Here's my account's results, perfectly willing to give away the better ones that I don't pick. Some of these are like, no contest, but I figured I may as well show everything.

#12 was the initial winner (hence they have some exp, but #15... kind of became very desirable at the end there.

#15 no contest.

chrono01

Last nights pull was utter junk, not even a new R or SR. Got one SSR in tonight's final one. So over the course of the week that was 70 pulls from the free 10 pulls, 40 from 12K crystals, 10 from Start Dash, 10 single pulls from various Campaign rewards, 6 single pulls from the 90 MC daily. So 136 pulls in total.

I got three SSR characters (ah wait, I did get that fucking dupe), so four SSR characters and two SSR summons. So 6/136, or just over 4%, 2% less than the 6% legfes rate. The free 10 pulls were awesome but honestly the entire thing just re-confirmed my decision to only spend actual money on the Surprise Dash tickets (and the 90 MC dailies during Legend fests, because you have to live a little ;) )
I started this event with two SSR characters (Narumeia, De Le Fille), and two SSR summon (Bahamut, Satan). I ticketed Katarina (she's my waifu), and got Yuel (Fire), Sara (Earth), Lennah (Wind), Metera (Wind), Vargeras (Dark), and Nataku/Medusa (summons) out of it. My luck seems to have been about average compared to other people, but I'm not complaining.

I do agree with you though, that the only money I'll spend on this are through Surprise Tickets (and maybe upcoming anniversaries for a costume if I really like them) and occasional 90 Mobacoin daily draws during Legend Fest. I really like the idea of tickets, since you get a guaranteed character out of it, and one that you know you can use.

Oh man, Account #15 is Godly. You should go with that one.

Noi

#15 no contest.

Oh man, Account #15 is Godly. You should go with that one.

It's funny, #15 was kind of my running joke cause all it had for the first two days was Rackman. Then it got Vira on the next day, two more Claris and Lancelot yesterday, then Albel on today's 10-roll and Eugen on the single free Legend pull from the daily log-in reward.

Lesson learned, never count things out when it comes to Gacha.

So what is better buy a weapon warehouse or expand weapon storage limit?

Weapon storage is cost efficient but super tedious to actually use, just upgrade your inventory and don't look back and buy one warehouse that you use to store gimmick weapons like Rusted weps or GW rares.

Uthred

So what is better buy a weapon warehouse or expand weapon storage limit?

You'll probably want to do both but I'd suggest going Weapon Warehouse > Expand weapon storage to ~100 > Second Warehouse > Expand storage if you feel the need (I think mine's ~120 at the moment). You probably dont really need to expand weapon storage when you have a warehouse but its a pretty nice QOL improvement.

MiTYH

Been rolling with two devices. Is there any reason to take the lower SSR account?

Account #1:
- Ferri (Light)
- Sochie (Water)

- Jeanne D'arc (Light)
- Altheia (Earth)
- Sochie (Water)
- Sarunan (Dark)
- Feena (Wind)
- Metera (Fire)
- Anriet (Wind)

Also, if I do roll account #2 like I'm planning, what should be my starting lineup?

Thanks!

No love for assistance for me? :)

Gizuko

wow, so many great pulls. Congrats everyone! Let's hope they do something similar once english settings launch (just who am I kidding).

PS. While I'm happy with my carbuncle (an earth one, so I can both boost Cag and protect my water team) I was being a bit sarcastic. Really, 2 SSR dupes and a carbuncle after that, so salty.

Last 10-pull, so it's time to make a decision.

1: Cerberus, Siren(Summon), Bahamut(Summon), Satyr(Summon)

2: Petra, Agielba, Eustace, Dark Angel Olivia(Summon), Apollo(Summon)

3: Catalina, Eustace, Yuel, Vaseraga, Cybele(Summon), Odin(Summon)

Leaning towards the first because of Bahamut and also because I'm kinda attached to it since it literally was the first account I made.

But the other accounts seem so tempting.

Uthred

Account #1:
- Ferri (Light)
- Sochie (Water)

- Jeanne D'arc (Light)
- Altheia (Earth)
- Sochie (Water)
- Sarunan (Dark)
- Feena (Wind)
- Metera (Fire)
- Anriet (Wind)

Thanks!

You'd be crazy not to take #2. If you're going for a rainbow team then probably Altheia, Jeanne, Anriet. Though if you have a few decent SR's you could probably just go with mono-element teams.

So based on these characters, who should I start-dash now? Should I get a good fire/water character to build a nice team?

Percival and Clarice are already a very solid combo for your fire team, you could try and "finish" off your fire team (with Yuel perhaps) but its hard to say whether having one very strong team versus a number of solid teams is more beneficial starting off. You could Start Dash Neza to buff your wind team. Albel or Jeanne to buff your light team. Of course there's Yoda to give you three water SSR's and his usual boost. Silva and Lancelot would also work well with Altair.

chrono01

Leaning towards the first because of Bahamut and also because I'm kinda attached to it since it literally was the first account I made.

I wanna say #1 too, for Bahamut...but #3 has Katarina... :(

kiryogi

Banned

3rd account unless you're really attached to 1st.

My yield:

I didn't make many accounts since once I saw Yoda, I just wanted to keep that account. Otherwise, pretty unlucky with SRs (though, more will come naturally, I suppose). Got a SR Water Carby, too. That's about it. Can't wait for the English release so that I can finally understand everything.

Question: Am I able to rewatch previous story cutscenes after I've completed them without using AP/Stamina? Debating whether I should wait until the 11th or keep playing now. I'm not far in the story at all.

Like everyone else, time to make some decisions. And since I'm new to the game, I'm not sure which account to keep and would appreciate your help.

Here are my SSR (S are summons):
  1. Magisa, Yuel, Athena (S)
  2. Jeanne d'Arc, Sophia, Henriette, Cerberus
  3. Vampi, Narumea, Sarunan, Carmelina
  4. Order Grande (S), Satan (S), Lennah
1 is fire focused
2 is more light focused
3 is darkness focused but it seems like a bad element...
4 is well... Order Grande

Apparently, Order Grande is a great summon and can't be chosen when doing Start Dashes.
But is it really worth keeping this account when I could use one of the other ones with (apparently) better SSR? I won't be going F2P so I don't mind paying for a few SSR via Start Dashes.

So after these 7 days of 10rolls

Any advice what i should start dash?
if you wanna go water go with catalina

Six of my accounts in a row got squat and I was really wondering if something had been rigged until:

mighty contender for account to be kept
welcome to the family!

Weapon storage is cost efficient but super tedious to actually use, just upgrade your inventory and don't look back and buy one warehouse that you use to store gimmick weapons like Rusted weps or GW rares.
yep thats what im doing
My yield:

I didn't make many accounts since once I saw Yoda, I just wanted to keep that account. Otherwise, pretty unlucky with SRs (though, more will come naturally, I suppose). Got a SR Water Carby, too. That's about it. Can't wait for the English release so that I can finally understand everything.

Question: Am I able to rewatch previous story cutscenes after I've completed them without using AP/Stamina? Debating whether I should wait until the 11th or keep playing now. I'm not far in the story at all.
nice yield! and yes you can rewatch.

Like everyone else, time to make some decisions. And since I'm new to the game, I'm not sure which account to keep and would appreciate your help.

1 is fire focused
2 is more light focused

Apparently, Order Grande is a great summon and can't be chosen when doing Start Dashes.
But is it really worth keeping this account when I could use one of the other ones with (apparently) better SSR? I won't be going F2P so I don't mind paying for a few SSR via Start Dashes.

Gizuko

1 is fire focused
2 is more light focused

Tbh I'd go with the first one unless you have good SR on the 4th. Summons are awesome and all, but SSR characters come with a weapon, and IMO character+weapon outweighs a summon. Still... Order and Satan... Ugh.

Top Bottom