• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odrion

Banned
Visualante said:
I just wanted to start some speculation on the comedy clubs, I think there is a reason Edge has been told to be quiet on the subject.

I bet they are part of the online multiplayer, and that you can go onto XBOX Live and perform at a comedy club.. and get boo'd off, or applauded based on a real life audience.

Moderation unlimited.
I don't think that would work,

if I did I'd just stream Bill Hicks material into my microphone, heck hopefully multiplayer has a character creator...

newsguy

Knowing now that we will be able to get online with a buddy with the city at our disposal sounds hella nice. I know when I've had a rough day I like to do crazy shit in the city just to get my mind off things, this may be even more fun with a buddy.

As for the first thing I'll do, I don't know. There's just so much to do. I may just grab a code to get the sniper rifle and get on the tallest building I can immediately find. See how many peds I can take down before the cops find out where I'm at.

Tr4nce

Goldrusher said:
Read this:(PSM3 preview)

And this:
(Dan Houser in PSM3)

Yeah, baby! That sounds so awesome. Man I can't wait to find out how 'alive' the city and the people really are. San Andreas feels so empty and dead msot of the time.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
got2bekidding said:
You know its going to be though. It takes some time to make it happen in the previous games, but cars take damage and enough damage will make it eventually explode.
Maybe this will be the first GTA where punching a car will hurt the player:lol
Obviously you should still be able to punch through the glass!

newsguy

Geezer said:
Maybe this will be the first GTA where punching a car will hurt the player:lol
Obviously you should still be able to punch through the glass!

You can definitely punch out windows, that's been mentioned in the previews. I'm still hoping they implemented the Saint's Row method of throwing grenades through windows. That makes for good times.

Issun23

I think it was confirmed in previews that you can throw grenades from vehicles. I guess if you can break the window you can throw them inside as well. :D

dejay

Banned
Issun23 said:
I think it was confirmed in previews that you can throw grenades from vehicles. I guess if you can break the window you can throw them inside as well. :D

A favourite activity of mine in Saints Row was dropping grenades into vehicles. It wasn't easy to pull off but the resulting explosion was well worth the effort. I hope this is possible in GTA IV.

dejay said:
A favourite activity of mine in Saints Row was dropping grenades into vehicles. It wasn't easy to pull off but the resulting explosion was well worth the effort. I hope this is possible in GTA IV.

I loved doing that after knocking the trunk lid off and filling the trunk up with dead people.

Good times.

dagZ

Tr4nce said:
* On the subject of multiplayer... Houser wasn't able to go into much detail, but he did mention being able to get together online in the game with no other goal other than to use it as a meeting place: "I'll meet you in a car and we'll hang and just drive and listen to music, chilling in the car, with your 3D model sat next to me," he says.

Online Co-op Confirmed?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Ballistics said:
Or like say every online game ever. Online coop is just team deathmatch.

2h5lezk.jpg

Please stop posting.

newsguy

dagZ said:
Online Co-op Confirmed?

No. The way it's described seems like more of a free roam mode. Just do whatever with a buddy online, but probably not anything story based. Just wreaking havok in the city with a buddy should be lots of fun.

MMaRsu

Himuro said:
I haven't been on much because it's spring break. I'm sorry I haven't posted any news or anything guys. Don't hate me. :(

I still love you himuro, if that's any consolation!

MMaRsu

Himuro said:
I just think he means you CAN do that in the game, not that it's only limited to that.

GTASA trailer 2 is the best game trailer ever.

Fuck no.

But..but..

Welcome to the jungle? :(

MMaRsu

I'm thinkin about maybe downloading all the Gta4 movies that have come out so far and just cutting it up into 1 big ass trailer.

Good idea?

Salazar

MMaRsu said:
I'm thinkin about maybe downloading all the Gta4 movies that have come out so far and just cutting it up into 1 big ass trailer.

Good idea?

Yes - brilliant idea. If I'm still not hyped after watching it, it's not going to happen for me and this game.

MMaRsu

Salazar said:
Yes - brilliant idea. If I'm still not hyped after watching it, it's not going to happen for me and this game.

Well I'll do my best ^_^. I haven't got much to work with equipment wise ( lol windows movie maker -_- ) but I've got time :p.

Mr. Sam

Salazar said:

So you're admitting you don't have a soul? Or eyes? Or a nervous system?

Salazar

I've had fun in GTA games, but I've only ever played it for relatively brief periods on someone else's console - I'm interested, sure, but my purchase can't be anywhere close to automatic considering my (in)experience with the series.

dejay

Banned
Himuro said:
Naw. Trailer 3 was 2pac's I Don't Give a Fuck. I remember because it came out one week before the game came out, and everyone on all the gta forum's went crazy because it revealed the base jumping and it was so badass, making the wait even worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hpZAsCokQ0

BASE JUMPING BIATCH

So there's a chance there's something mega that we won't find out about until a little while before release? Actually, considering it's a world wide release and the amount of leakage that's sure to occur once the disks start getting pressed, I'm guessing if we see another trailer with a major surprise in it will be several weeks before release.

watching the Vice City first trailer gives me such a huge flash back of when the site first opened and I would go around looking for every single screen shot and video and radio message. I spend all night doing that.

Router said:
2h5lezk.jpg

Please stop posting.

Why should I stop posting???!!!
There are plenty of people, that just come on here just to piss people off. So what have I done? I didn't know what online coop was, so I should stop posting?
Why not tell the people who post false information, to stop posting?

Anyway, has there been any new info on choppers? Like how you can grab on to one or if you can grab hold of one? And as it flys away you can hijack it mid flight, a la Mercenaries. I wonder if you can bring down a chopper with a hand gun? :D That would be ace. I'm quite interested about the on-board mini gun, how do you use it and fly at the same time?

Upon reading the post about potential standup comedians in GTA, I got half excited and half sick to my stomach. I'm tremendously curious to know how this would effect my real life standup act.

In hindsight, I might get really good at trash talking 13 year olds. That is going to be one tough stage. I swear. Fuck Caroline's comedy club. That's nothing.

What if someone sneaks in moltovs?! WHAT IF SOMEONE SNEAKS IN MOLTOVS?!

Scopebob Sniperpants said:
Upon reading the post about potential standup comedians in GTA, I got half excited and half sick to my stomach. I'm tremendously curious to know how this would effect my real life standup act.

In hindsight, I might get really good at trash talking 13 year olds. That is going to be one tough stage. I swear. Fuck Caroline's comedy club. That's nothing.

What if someone sneaks in moltovs?! WHAT IF SOMEONE SNEAKS IN MOLTOVS?!
:lol While I really doubt they're including some sort of open-mic simulation multiplayer, I can't deny it'd be endlessly entertaining. Especially if no one's actually funny.

So some of think that the "standup comedians" thing is true ?
wow :eek:

NeoGAF believe.

or have i miss something ? if that's actually true it's the most retarded feature i've ever heard of. donotwantdog.gif

newsguy

There is something involving standup comedy in the game. The latest mag preview mentions it. No one knows what it involves, or if it's even going to be online. It's just speculation.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
newsguy said:
There is something involving standup comedy in the game. The latest mag preview mentions it. No one knows what it involves, or if it's even going to be online. It's just speculation.

Dave Chappelle cameo? :D

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Remember the story of the character being chased by agents, and fled to Columbia?

Maybe the game isn't just NYC after all.

pn18

Banned
MobiusPigeon said:
u think they'd reveal 100% or something? wtf?:lol source my ass.
No developer reveals his game completely, but normal developers reveal about 50-75% of the overall content, or at least 75% of all features.

Himuro said:
They said this like a goddamn year ago. I'm not looking for a source.
No sauce = bullshit confirmed.

Tr4nce

MobiusPigeon said:
u think they'd reveal 100% or something? wtf?:lol source my ass.

:lol

Exactly as Himuro said. Rockstar never gives away a full 100% info about their GTA games. No source needed. Which is one of the reasons I like R* so much in the first place. Like Himuro said, I read every single preview out there of GTA:SA before it was released, but there was so much we didn't know about yet by the time it was released. I'm wondering what some of those things could be now with GTA4.

pn18 said:
No developer reveals his game completely, but normal developers reveal about 50-75% of the overall content, or at least 75% of all features.

They aren't normal developers though. Most developers wait until game shows to debut new trailers, Rockstar announces a date on their website and then debuts it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom