• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Teetris said:
Nice. Somehow reminds me of the second season of the Wire. There better be some awesome missions on the docks.

QFT. I'm watching season two of The Wire right now and I'm so very badly wanting GTA4 to cross over into The Wire :)

def sim

FightyF said:
It's not rape if it's consensual.

*spreads legs open*
"Take me R*"

Aren't they only planning on releasing two big DLC packs? So I doubt we'd get fucked over in pricing too much.

It kinda sounds like people here are expecting single or small mission packs being released for a fee regularly.

guidop

Himuro said:
They said before that respect is everything in GTAIV and that your relationships will evolve depending on what you do. Maybe he's talking about that.

Makes sense because GTA2 was like that, so it would fit into the believe/idea that GTAIII, Vic City and San Andreas are a trilogy of GTA1 and that GTAIV would be like GTA2.

MMaRsu

guidop said:
Makes sense because GTA2 was like that, so it would fit into the believe/idea that GTAIII, Vic City and San Andreas are a trilogy of GTA1 and that GTAIV would be like GTA2.

And remember, respect is everything!

newsguy

The hype train has affected my dreams. My brain has officially processed every bit of info I read in the previews and made images out of it. I did a mission in my sleep, and it was the most realistic GTA I've ever played :lol I had to go on a mission to kill some junkie. He was in a church doing some kind of AA thing. I had a bat on me, I walk in, and I approach him and his gang. As soon as he separates from them I walk over to him, pull out the bat and continue bash his head. In Euphoria fashion, he falls through a window and onto the street. I keep hitting him and run to the car. I had a beat up car and it wouldn't turn on:lol

newsguy said:
The hype train has affected my dreams. My brain has officially processed every bit of info I read in the previews and made images out of it. I did a mission in my sleep, and it was the most realistic GTA I've ever played :lol I had to go on a mission to kill some junkie. He was in a church doing some kind of AA thing. I had a bat on me, I walk in, and I approach him and his gang. As soon as he separates from them I walk over to him, pull out the bat and continue bash his head. In Euphoria fashion, he falls through a window and onto the street. I keep hitting him and run to the car. I had a beat up car and it wouldn't turn on:lol
Did the frame rate stutter at all?

newsguy said:

And when I woke up, my wife was missing!

Tr4nce

Two new screens, with thanks to PlanetGTA.com:

19260152.jpg

8142069.jpg

Also, I found some guy on some site who scanned the whole EDGE article about GTA4, but is it allowed to link to these scans?

I read the EDGE article this morning on the train coming to work, it was really really interesting, the guy they interview (I forget his name now) has so much enthusiasm for the series, you can really hear it come out in the interview. It's like 14/16 pages and it still looks like they would have liked more once they got on to the topic of IV.

Tr4nce

Supposedly that EDGE article about GTAIV also mentioned that excluding radio chatter, dj jibber jabber and jingles, GTAIV contains more than 80.000 lines.

That is impressive.

pn18

Banned
newsguy said:
http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/screenshots/pgta/88296692.jpg

I want that PiBwasser beer glass!
It's German and it's called Pißwasser (=Pisswasser) which means "piss water" or simply urine. :lol

Tr4nce

How does everyone here think about cars and gas? Would it be cool or not if cars would run out of gas, and that you can go to a gas station to fill the car with gas? I suppose it has no real function, but it certainly adds to the realism.

Maybe it's all of the news articles about prostitution... But, I REALLY want some nice looking hookers in this game. They have to move better then their SA puppet counterparts. Which leads to the ultimate question: What can Euphoria do in this situation?

kylej

Banned
Scopebob Sniperpants said:
Maybe it's all of the news articles about prostitution... But, I REALLY want some nice looking hookers in this game. They have to move better then their SA puppet counterparts. Which leads to the ultimate question: What can Euphoria do in this situation?

haha

Tr4nce said:
How does everyone here think about cars and gas? Would it be cool or not if cars would run out of gas, and that you can go to a gas station to fill the car with gas? I suppose it has no real function, but it certainly adds to the realism.
Funny you should say that, the guy interviewed in EDGE wanted that to happen in San Andreas, but was shouted down by everyone else.

Is it possible that there's something like home?

or

That college game called "Mafia" would be tremendously interesting. 10 players spawn into the world, each of them have a mark. They have to find and terminate the person before they get terminated by someone else. It's like a secret santa. But with death.

ALSO, don't think for a second that you guys have escaped the prostitute question. wtf.

ice cream

Banned
What I don't understand is why are they releasing so much info this time? They never did this before and I liked it better that way, meant we were much more surprised when the game actually game out.
Unless theres still LOADS we need to hear in GTA IV...

ice cream said:
What I don't understand is why are they releasing so much info this time? They never did this before and I liked it better that way, meant we were much more surprised when the game actually game out.
Unless theres still LOADS we need to hear in GTA IV...

So much info? Hell people are complaining that they aren't releasing enough info. There was far more known about San Andreas at this time than we know of GTA4.

Mr. Sam

pn18 said:
It's German and it's called Pißwasser (=Pisswasser) which means "piss water" or simply urine. :lol

I thought it would be some sort of diluted urine... otherwise it would just be "Piß", surely?

Scopebob Sniperpants said:
That college game called "Mafia" would be tremendously interesting. 10 players spawn into the world, each of them have a mark. They have to find and terminate the person before they get terminated by someone else. It's like a secret santa. But with death.

That's basically the premise of the PC game 'The Ship', which is apparently pretty fun if you take the time to learn it.

It sounds like a great idea for multiplayer... a great idea. Each player would maybe get 2 or 3 clues about his mark, such as 'your mark was last seen at 'x' wearing a blue shirt, or driving a red car, or this is where he's headed, or something to that degree.

after watching the amazingly funny parodies in GTAIV's official site I'm so totally, fucking, incredibly sold. Never thought this game woulda had such a strong sense of humor, I literally LOLed at some videos. Day one.

newsguy

From Planetgta.

KING magazine has an exclusive. DJ Green Lantern will be a DJ in Grand Theft Auto IV. But it doesn't end there...

- "Somebody within my camp said that they were interested in doing some stuff. We sat down and it ended up like a whole radio show. This particular show, there's a little bit of budget involved. It's not the normal licensed-out music. When you jump in the car, you're going to be able to hear a whole Green Lantern radio show filled with nothing but exclusive music I produced for the game. I think it's the first time that's ever been done."
- I'll just say the radio show is exciting. It's going to get your adrenaline pumping. I can't say any more.
- Music from Styles P, Uncle Murda and Maino's song "Getaway Driver" are included in the game.

An entire station with Green Lantern with only stuff produced by him? That NY mixtape sound is gonna be so nice.

Some stuff Green Lantern produced:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5_INOJc-n78

And he did this one here (he sampled FF 7 music for this track BTW)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JuAu7cdgtng

newsguy said:
From Planetgta.

An entire station with Green Lantern with only stuff produced by him? That NY mixtape sound is gonna be so nice.

Listening to "The Ghost" over a Green Lantern beat while shooting at cops.....cant wait.

newsguy said:
From Planetgta.

Some stuff Green Lantern produced:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5_INOJc-n78

And he did this one here (he sampled FF 7 music for this track BTW)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JuAu7cdgtng

Nice. I hope there's a guy selling tapes on the corner of "St. Marks". I go to that area so much that if there really is an equivalent of The Square Between The Starbuckses, that is going to be some trippy fucking shit.

Recoil

It definitely sounds like there's a return to the no-name style of music of GTA3, which is great.

As much as I liked the VC and SA soundtracks, it was all stuff I'd heard a million times before, and I forgave VC, because it set the mood really well (listening to a flock of seagulls while cruising down the coast = golden), in SA a lot of it got old really quick.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
mandiller said:
If by almost you mean it's still well over a month away then yes, it's almost here.

Just plan out the next few months with things to do. I'm currently rewatching BSG prepping for early april, and afterwards, I'm building a nuclear power plant. With Bamboo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom